Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2017, 12:08 AM   #241 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 14,703
Default

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...203460937?mt=2

The Brookings Institute has always struck me as reasonable and moderate.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 01:26 AM   #242 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,494
Default

I prefer something that just can't be obstructed by opinions or agendas or just human error. I always question the source, check for citations and usually search for both sides on anything I research that's why I hate doing research because it's a lot of ****ing work just to get a reliable view on anything. I know a lot of people don't understand that and want to just call me stupid or something, but I'm sure these are the same people that put tons of faith into what ever helps their pre-existing view. It's way way easier to find points that back up your view. I trust Frownland though, so maybe I'm a bit uneducated on it. Regardless of anything I of course am and have been in favor of Net Neutrality because it makes me feel much more comfortable than with out it, but I still think people are drastically over exaggerating the expected out come and some are just down right fear mongering. Not on this site, people don't do it here. MB people, though self righteous *******s who are often petty enough to act pretentious over something as superficial as their opinions on art, are typically a bit smarter than the average person. Or maybe just more educated.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 02:06 AM   #243 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,494
Default

Best Avatar: JTF
Best Signature: Frownland
Sexiest Member (female): Chio (sorry WWWP I still love you boo)
Sexiest Member (male): Ninetales
Howard The Duck Memorial Award for Most Inane Member: Bulbasaur
Biggest Fanboy / Fangirl of the Year: Batlord
Best Writer: Ori
Nicest member: Innerspaceboy/Chio
Smartest poster: Frownland
Funniest member: Frownland
Angriest Member: Chula
Best Mediator: IDK
Best Site Contributor: Trollheart
Biggest Music Contributor: Frownland?
Best Media Forum Contributor: OccultHawk?
Best Plugger (plug.dj): Bulbasaur
Best Taste in Music: Qqwerty/Frownland/Batlord
Most Improved Member: Kiii
Most Underrated Poster: DWV
Best Thread Starter: Blank
Most Missed Poster: Chio/DjChameleon
Most Diverse Music Taste: OccultHawk
Most Mainstream Music Taste: Batlord/Chula (Is classic rock really mainstream these days?)
Thread of the Year: IDK
Moderator of the Year: Plankton
Journal of the Year: Paedantic Bastard Listens To The Past/Trollheart Listens to Every Album of 2017 (I consider these two journals, especially since neither one wanted to wait on approval being the reason they aren't)
New Journal of the Year: Paedantic Bastard Listens To The Past/Trollheart Listens to Every Album of 2017
Best New Member 2017: Mindfulness
Member of the Year 2017: Frownland/Batlord/OccultHawk
Best Rivalry: Chula VS Frownland
Biggest Lounge Lizard: Bulbasaur
Virtuoso of the Year: Mondo Bungle
Best Member Music Album (Released in 2017): (insert best Mondo Bungle album of this year)
Lifetime Achievement Award: Chula Vista because he's been through a lot of really rough **** through the last year and continues to keep his chin up. A trait I think a lot of us don't exhibit even while everybody on here seems to use him as a punch line. I think the reason he's so quick to go off is cause life has put him on edge. Seems people on here tend to kick people while they're down because it's easier to get a reaction. Chula always seems to try and be compassionate and caring and generally nice despite dark times. Unlike that other douche bag who became a total **** over less.

Edit: I also appreciate Frownland's avatars they typically have some kind of really dark meaning behind them. And shout out to the Phils and Bulbasaur's avatar.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.

Last edited by Lucem Ferre; 12-17-2017 at 02:17 AM.
Lucem Ferre is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 02:51 AM   #244 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 5,102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Most Improved Member: Kiii
__________________
----------------------
|---Mic's Albums---|
----------------------
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 04:01 AM   #245 (permalink)
All day jazz and biscuits
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 40,193
Default

Would you say that Kiii is the most improved because he left?
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 05:34 AM   #246 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 5,102
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Would you say that Kiii is the most improved because he left?
__________________
----------------------
|---Mic's Albums---|
----------------------
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 07:55 AM   #247 (permalink)
Ⱨł₲ⱧɆⱤ Vł฿Ɽ₳₮łØ₦₴
 
Mindfulness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 4,611
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Best New Member 2017: Mindfulness
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You need to be more mindful of what you post.
Mindfulness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:40 AM   #248 (permalink)
I'm back, baby!
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In your face
Posts: 22,025
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Would you say that Kiii is the most improved because he left?
That's what I was thinking as well. Maybe because he improved the site by leaving it? LOL at Chula for Lifetime Achievement Award! No offence, man!
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:49 AM   #249 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 14,703
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
That's what I was thinking as well. Maybe because he improved the site by leaving it? LOL at Chula for Lifetime Achievement Award! No offence, man!
I don’t know. You gotta admit he provides a lot the fuel we live on.

#vistahawk
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 11:46 AM   #250 (permalink)
I'm back, baby!
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In your face
Posts: 22,025
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I don’t know. You gotta admit he provides a lot the fuel we live on.

#vistahawk
Oh I like the guy and have a lot of respect for him, but the chances of him winning the LAW are about as likely as me becoming a devotee of free jazz! And Mindfulness as best new member? Is he on something or what?
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.