Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   The Lounge (https://www.musicbanter.com/lounge/)
-   -   MB Awards 2017 (Nominations) (https://www.musicbanter.com/lounge/90827-mb-awards-2017-nominations.html)

Chula Vista 12-11-2017 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Man like Monkey (Post 1902799)
Best Signature: Chula but only because it's so bizarre. Clean piss? The **** is that about.

It's a line from American Beauty.

Looks like I have Angriest Member all wrapped up. :mad::mad::mad:

Frownland 12-11-2017 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paedantic Basterd (Post 1902821)
I'm not going to cast any judgment, but as an artist in other mediums, my work aspires to the level of my influences, but can never achieve it; my work is never finished, only abandoned. It's natural to enjoy your work to a degree, or you'd never share it with anyone out of shame, but I also think it's normal to always feel like it's incomplete or could be better.

I feel that way about everything that I've written (as in literature). For my music, that's still there but to a lesser extent but I tend to be more accepting of the flaws. I think that might be because of the improvisational element? Idk for sure.

rostasi 12-11-2017 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frownland (Post 1902819)
Not sure how they feel about my new stuff, but Mondo, rostasi, and grindy have been historically into it. And Batlord with that 5 star review.

I need to take inventory to see the new stuff I've missed
'cause I've lost track due to personal projects of the last year:
250+ artworks, countless new audio pieces for myself and others,
the radio show, eBay selling, research, archiving, etc. I'll check soon.

Ol’ Qwerty Bastard 12-11-2017 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trollheart (Post 1902792)
Qwert, remind us of the rules here: how many members can we nominate per category?

dunno, didn't really think about it. i think as long as people are reasonable it's fine to nominate two or three per category. not much of a point in doing so however if the person was already nominated by someone else.

Plankton 12-11-2017 12:43 PM

Thanks for the:

http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFile...6/82530994.jpg's

Trollheart 12-11-2017 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OccultHawk (Post 1902801)
It’s not a ****ing journal. It’s not even in the journal section. DQ.

That's what I said, but I was overruled. (shrug)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Man like Monkey (Post 1902799)
Biggest Lounge Lizard: Mindfulness.
Virtuoso of the Year: Mindfulness.
Best Member Music Album (Released in 2017): Jesus Isnt So Sure About You Guys Anymore, just for the name. Looking forward to seeing what Jesus thinks of us next year as well.
Lifetime Achievement Award: Lisnaholic.

Virtuoso? Does he even play anything? Has anyone heard his music? Does he make any? :confused:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Paedantic Basterd (Post 1902821)
I'm not going to cast any judgment, but as an artist in other mediums, my work aspires to the level of my influences, but can never achieve it; my work is never finished, only abandoned. It's natural to enjoy your work to a degree, or you'd never share it with anyone out of shame, but I also think it's normal to always feel like it's incomplete or could be better.

Just how I feel about my writing. It's nice to get compliments and praise, but I'd never go around saying "Guys you have to read this it's the best thing ever written" and so forth. I think you need a special kind of arrogance to be able to do that. Ahem.

Frownland 12-11-2017 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trollheart (Post 1902847)
Just how I feel about my writing. It's nice to get compliments and praise, but I'd never go around saying "Guys you have to read this it's the best thing ever written" and so forth. I think you need a special kind of arrogance to be able to do that. Ahem.

Is it arrogance if it lives up to that claim though?

*ponders and looks off into the distance as Jesus the Carpenter's seminal album Gnashing of the Teeth plays in the background and also I'm touching myself*

Trollheart 12-11-2017 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frownland (Post 1902849)
Is it arrogance if it lives up to that claim though?

*ponders and looks off into the distance as Jesus the Carpenter's seminal album Gnashing of the Teeth plays in the background and also I'm touching myself*

Fair point, but I guess the real question is does it stand the test of being popular outside of your own circle of friends and family? If strangers - and I mean strangers, not people you know casually or fanboy it to - can appreciate it, then yeah, you're probably justified. Otherwise it's just really self-praise and the praise of people who know you, which is really no measurement of its quality.

Frownland 12-11-2017 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trollheart (Post 1902890)
Fair point, but I guess the real question is does it stand the test of being popular outside of your own circle of friends and family? If strangers - and I mean strangers, not people you know casually or fanboy it to - can appreciate it, then yeah, you're probably justified. Otherwise it's just really self-praise and the praise of people who know you, which is really no measurement of its quality.

I never barred strangers from enjoying my records, that's ridiculous.

elphenor 12-11-2017 03:40 PM

I wouldn't say I necessarily like any Frown albums that I've heard as a whole

but I respect the approach and there's good moments

better than any self recorded music by a forum member I've seen just by the nature of it not being derrivitive with production cliches galore

certainly think it'd be a blast to see frown man band live


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:39 AM.


© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.