Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2018, 01:53 AM   #31 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
What has been your experience with them?

Stopped/searched/arrested?
Did you comply/respond politely/help them with the questioning?

Also if the answer to the first question is yes, what was it for?
I'm smart. I know my rights. I also know know how to talk to cops to de-escalate situations. BUT, some cops are just out to start shit so they can get overtime pay by spending superfluous hours filling out incident reports. It's a dirty tactic, but they do it.

One time my ex-wife was having a bi-polar/schizo episode. She left and went to the bar and was drinking [which doesn't mix well with her meds] and acting erratic. It was a small town [less than 1,000 people]. She wouldn't listen to reason, so her dad called the cops. So, 2 cops show up, 1 male and 1 female.

It just so happened that my ex-wife was friends with the female cop, so my ex told her a BS story and the female cop ate it up, since they were friends. So, I tried to reason with the male cop. I told him that his partner had a conflict of interest and was letting it affect her duty and judgment. *TRIGGERED* He got in face, shoved me against a car and told me that if I said 1 more word, he would take me to jail. I told him that I did nothing wrong, so he tries to tackle and handcuff me for 'saying 1 more word.' I outrun him and he realizes that he has no case and gives up.

Another time, cops were harassing my friends for sitting down and smoking cigarettes. They start going through their backpacks. I say "Did you consent to being searched" *TRIGGERED* Cop goes crazy. "You wanna be a lawyer, smart ass, blah blah." "You're interfering in official police business, blah blah." In my face, screaming like a maniac.

Those are just a couple that I remember off the top. I haven't had a TON of interactions with cops, but he majority that I have met have been TERRIBLE HUMAN BEINGS.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 02:13 AM   #32 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 14,703
Default

Quote:
I told him that his partner had a conflict of interest and was letting it affect her duty and judgment.
You’re lucky you got out alive. Cops take their partner’s side 100% of the time. That you thought that was a sane strategy makes me think you have a screw loose.

Quote:
Another time, cops were harassing my friends for sitting down and smoking cigarettes. They start going through their backpacks. I say "Did you consent to being searched" *TRIGGERED* Cop goes crazy. "You wanna be a lawyer, smart ass, blah blah." "You're interfering in official police business, blah blah." In my face, screaming like a maniac.
Cops shouldn’t act like this but how could you expect anything different?

I agree that no matter what you should always politely make it clear that you don’t consent to be searched but of course they’re going to yell and threaten and try to intimidate. That’s part of the show.

Quote:
I outrun him and he realizes that he has no case and gives up.
That cop did you a solid. You could’ve ended up a serious resisting charge.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 02:25 AM   #33 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
You could’ve ended up a serious resisting charge.
JUDGE: Why did you arrest this man?

OFFICER: Because he was resisting arrest.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 02:32 AM   #34 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 14,703
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
JUDGE: Why did you arrest this man?

OFFICER: Because he was resisting arrest.
Disturbing the peace. Interfering with police activity. Drunk and disorderly. Whatever catch all he likes.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 02:57 AM   #35 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aalborg
Posts: 7,636
Default

I've never had trouble with a cop all of my life.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:01 AM   #36 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I've never had trouble with a cop all of my life.
Come to USA and try your luck.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:03 AM   #37 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aalborg
Posts: 7,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
Come to USA and try your luck.
I'll try it with and without blackface and see which incident goes worse.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 03:11 AM   #38 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I'll try it with and without blackface and see which incident goes worse.
TIP: Carry a torah, grow a beard and wear a yarmulke. It's like a GET OUT OF JAIL FREE card.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 04:32 AM   #39 (permalink)
President spic
 
Justthefacts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Waxahatchee
Posts: 4,859
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I've never had trouble with a cop all of my life.
I almost agree with this, except my first time where I mouthed off. And yes I am American.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
I love how you edited your post to officially out me out of the closet?" It's like you asked yourself if you were a big enough cunt in the post, concluded that you weren't, and added it in to satisfy your postly cunt quota
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I converted to Islam today.

Allah Supreme.
A Love Supreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
saw LeBron James downtown but then I realized I'm just racist
The Best Collection You'll See Today
Justthefacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 08:42 AM   #40 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 31,953
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
I'm smart. I know my rights. I also know know how to talk to cops to de-escalate situations. BUT, some cops are just out to start shit so they can get overtime pay by spending superfluous hours filling out incident reports. It's a dirty tactic, but they do it.

One time my ex-wife was having a bi-polar/schizo episode. She left and went to the bar and was drinking [which doesn't mix well with her meds] and acting erratic. It was a small town [less than 1,000 people]. She wouldn't listen to reason, so her dad called the cops. So, 2 cops show up, 1 male and 1 female.

It just so happened that my ex-wife was friends with the female cop, so my ex told her a BS story and the female cop ate it up, since they were friends. So, I tried to reason with the male cop. I told him that his partner had a conflict of interest and was letting it affect her duty and judgment. *TRIGGERED* He got in face, shoved me against a car and told me that if I said 1 more word, he would take me to jail. I told him that I did nothing wrong, so he tries to tackle and handcuff me for 'saying 1 more word.' I outrun him and he realizes that he has no case and gives up.

Another time, cops were harassing my friends for sitting down and smoking cigarettes. They start going through their backpacks. I say "Did you consent to being searched" *TRIGGERED* Cop goes crazy. "You wanna be a lawyer, smart ass, blah blah." "You're interfering in official police business, blah blah." In my face, screaming like a maniac.

Those are just a couple that I remember off the top. I haven't had a TON of interactions with cops, but he majority that I have met have been TERRIBLE HUMAN BEINGS.
Quite a post my dude.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.