Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2018, 08:53 AM   #41 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
I told him that his partner had a conflict of interest and was letting it affect her duty and judgment.
Quote:
Another time, cops were harassing my friends for sitting down and smoking cigarettes. They start going through their backpacks. I say "Did you consent to being searched"
Both examples you've given you've tried to get smart with them. It's not as if you literally did nothing, complied and were like "yes officer, no officer, thank you officer" and then for no reason they slammed you up against a wall.

Quote:
Those are just a couple that I remember off the top. I haven't had a TON of interactions with cops, but he majority that I have met have been TERRIBLE HUMAN BEINGS.
There are things you can do to avoid being treated badly one of which is not telling them how to do their jobs another is not running off you did both of them not surprised those were bad experiences tbh.
__________________


"Be a good teammate."
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:36 AM   #42 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
Both examples you've given you've tried to get smart with them.
I wasn't "getting smart." If my tax dollars go towards paying their salary, I will voice my opinion on how they are doing their job. And if not, I'm still going to point out when someone is in the wrong, regardless of what fancy uniform or badge they may be wearing. I LITERALLY did NOTHING illegal or against the law.

You have every legal right to resist unlawful actions, even if they are coming from a cop.

Don't be a cuck. You can't let cops step all over you just because they are cops. Learn your rights and how to assert them. Keep your cool. Don't escalate things, but don't roll over for illegal search and seizure either.

All this "Yes massah, no massah" bullshit. Grow a pair.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:42 AM   #43 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 32,020
Default

1. False dichotomy between bending over for a cop and being a douchey pseudo-lawyer.
2. Learning the difference between what's moral, what's logical, and what can cause problems for your dumb ass is a pretty important lesson imo. Hopefully it's not something you'll learn by trying to show some cops whose boss.
3. Oh wait maybe it's a strawman. Whatever. Your approach sounds like you just make **** a lot worse for yourself than it needs to be.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 09:51 AM   #44 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
I wasn't "getting smart."
Yes you were.

Quote:
If my tax dollars go towards paying their salary, I will voice my opinion on how they are doing their job. And if not, I'm still going to point out when someone is in the wrong, regardless of what fancy uniform or badge they may be wearing. I LITERALLY did NOTHING illegal or against the law.
You don't get it. You need to understand that there is only going to be one winner if you keep on doing that and it isn't going to be you.

Comply and if they are being dicks, make a complaint to the station once they've let you go.

Quote:
You have every legal right to resist unlawful actions, even if they are coming from a cop.

Don't be a cuck. You can't let cops step all over you just because they are cops. Learn your rights and how to assert them. Keep your cool. Don't escalate things, but don't roll over for illegal search and seizure either.

All this "Yes massah, no massah" bullshit. Grow a pair.
That is how you have to respond to them when they are there. It's not about 'growing a pair' or 'asserting your rights'. Do you want to get slammed into a wall or do you want to be on your way in five minutes?

If you have a problem, sort it out after not by mouthing off at the scene like a ****ing stupid bellend.
__________________


"Be a good teammate."
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 10:01 AM   #45 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 32,020
Default

Of all of the people who have tried to persuade a cop out of arresting or citing them, 100% have failed.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:50 AM   #46 (permalink)
Reading PDFs
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 11,368
Default

you do have to consent to a search though

usually they just ask because people aren't aware they can say no

it's pretty **** that there's no safe way to keep that right to privacy, though in Merit's case I can't help but imagine he got ****ed with just for having a toolbag face
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
I love tube disasters
I wanna marry a tube disaster
I want another one just like the last one
because I live for tube disasters
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:59 AM   #47 (permalink)
All day jazz and biscuits
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 40,299
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
I'm smart. I know my rights. I also know know how to talk to cops to de-escalate situations. BUT, some cops are just out to start shit so they can get overtime pay by spending superfluous hours filling out incident reports. It's a dirty tactic, but they do it.

One time my ex-wife was having a bi-polar/schizo episode. She left and went to the bar and was drinking [which doesn't mix well with her meds] and acting erratic. It was a small town [less than 1,000 people]. She wouldn't listen to reason, so her dad called the cops. So, 2 cops show up, 1 male and 1 female.

It just so happened that my ex-wife was friends with the female cop, so my ex told her a BS story and the female cop ate it up, since they were friends. So, I tried to reason with the male cop. I told him that his partner had a conflict of interest and was letting it affect her duty and judgment. *TRIGGERED* He got in face, shoved me against a car and told me that if I said 1 more word, he would take me to jail. I told him that I did nothing wrong, so he tries to tackle and handcuff me for 'saying 1 more word.' I outrun him and he realizes that he has no case and gives up.

Another time, cops were harassing my friends for sitting down and smoking cigarettes. They start going through their backpacks. I say "Did you consent to being searched" *TRIGGERED* Cop goes crazy. "You wanna be a lawyer, smart ass, blah blah." "You're interfering in official police business, blah blah." In my face, screaming like a maniac.

Those are just a couple that I remember off the top. I haven't had a TON of interactions with cops, but he majority that I have met have been TERRIBLE HUMAN BEINGS.
You sound aggressive and unstable.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 12:15 PM   #48 (permalink)
Reading PDFs
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 11,368
Default

have to wonder if he's ever had to fill out an incident report before, has Merit ever had a real job

I can guarantee nobody wants to fill out an incident report
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
I love tube disasters
I wanna marry a tube disaster
I want another one just like the last one
because I live for tube disasters
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 02:32 PM   #49 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,811
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You sound aggressive and unstable.
I care about the preservation of personal freedoms. Sue me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
has Merit ever had a real job
Define "real job"?

I was a wireless consultant for nearly half a decade. Did some phone bank shit. Some retail work. Some construction. Writing. Fighting. Stand up comedy. I live life homie. Try it.
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 02:34 PM   #50 (permalink)
President spic
 
Justthefacts's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Waxahatchee
Posts: 4,859
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by [MERIT] View Post
I care about the preservation of personal freedoms. Sue me.


Define "real job"?

I was a wireless consultant for nearly half a decade. Did some phone bank shit. Some retail work. Some construction. Writing. Fighting. Stand up comedy. I live life homie. Try it.
I can't imagine there's much else to do in Missouri.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
I love how you edited your post to officially out me out of the closet?" It's like you asked yourself if you were a big enough cunt in the post, concluded that you weren't, and added it in to satisfy your postly cunt quota
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I converted to Islam today.

Allah Supreme.
A Love Supreme.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
saw LeBron James downtown but then I realized I'm just racist
The Best Collection You'll See Today
Justthefacts is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.