Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2019, 05:59 PM   #341 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 14,703
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
reminds me of "muh it's expensive"

yeah that'll happen when your place is so amazing everyone is willing to pay 3X as much to live there
I think it’s 10X more expensive than where I’m at.

Putting an impenetrable pay wall around your city is pretty ****ing fascist

What Silicon Valley culture has done to the Bay Area is a lot ****tier than what the republicans have done around here
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 06:14 PM   #342 (permalink)
Master Of Muzak
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere swarthy
Posts: 4,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
North Texas is Dallas and then miles and miles of **** all
Funniest thing I've read all year. You really need to get out more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Are you referring to the place with so much opportunity and so much to do that they can regulate business to the point of restriction and still be a desirable place to live? Ja, I guess that really disproves my point.
Womp womp.

__________________
My Top 30 Albums of 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
You can't blame the Jews for everything...just most things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
Trump might be the best thing since free jazz.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 06:19 PM   #343 (permalink)
drugs for the children
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 31,951
Default

Whoa a business insider video? I can tell that you've really thought this through.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 07:00 PM   #344 (permalink)
Suicidal Geek
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 11,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I think it’s 10X more expensive than where I’m at.

Putting an impenetrable pay wall around your city is pretty ****ing fascist

What Silicon Valley culture has done to the Bay Area is a lot ****tier than what the republicans have done around here
yeah it's shiet I'm just saying Texas Repubs should know their supply and demand when they boast a low cost of living

it's not the taxes, it's that Cali produced a culture that made everyone want to live there
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
I love tube disasters
I wanna marry a tube disaster
I want another one just like the last one
because I live for tube disasters
elphenor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 07:18 PM   #345 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 14,703
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
yeah it's shiet I'm just saying Texas Repubs should know their supply and demand when they boast a low cost of living

it's not the taxes, it's that Cali produced a culture that made everyone want to live there
I agree. It’s too bad they lacked the courage to produce a culture where everybody can live there. Silicon Valley generated the wealth to create cummunal living spaces, comfortable rent controlled or even rent free housing for the people who created the culture they love, they could have preserved the Hispanic and black diversity but all they did was buy it and wall it off. They talk about connectivity and bridges but in terms of practice they live exactly like Trump. I’m no more welcome there than I am in the Trump Tower or Mar a Lago and they use the exact same power structure to exclude me. You can’t hoard wealth and property and not be the problem. I respect the republicans in north Texas more than property owners in the Bay Area because in actual practice they’re less exclusionary. The Republicans around here may be misguided but they’re not part of an oligarchical ruling class that actively limits my mobility. The Bay Area is prohibitively expensive. That’s real tangible oppression not just a philosophy.
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 07:20 PM   #346 (permalink)
Master Of Muzak
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere swarthy
Posts: 4,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Whoa a business insider video? I can tell that you've really thought this through.
Freedom of the press my good man. What are you, some kind of fascist? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I agree. It’s too bad they lacked the courage to produce a culture where everybody can live there. Silicon Valley generated the wealth to create cummunal living spaces, comfortable rent controlled or even rent free housing for the people who created the culture they love, they could have preserved the Hispanic and black diversity but all they did was buy it and wall it off. They talk about connectivity and bridges but in terms of practice they live exactly like Trump. I’m no more welcome there than I am in the Trump Tower or Mar a Lago and they use the exact same power structure to exclude me. You can’t hoard wealth and property and not be the problem. I respect the republicans in north Texas more than property owners in the Bay Area because in actual practice they’re less exclusionary. The Republicans around here may be misguided but they’re not part of an oligarchical ruling class that actively limits my mobility. The Bay Area is prohibitively expensive. That’s real tangible oppression not just a philosophy.
Megachurch.
__________________
My Top 30 Albums of 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
You can't blame the Jews for everything...just most things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
Trump might be the best thing since free jazz.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 07:28 PM   #347 (permalink)
drugs for the children
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 31,951
Default

Conclusion: America sucks from sea to shining sea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Freedom of the press my good man. What are you, some kind of fascist? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Pointing out your inability to support your own stances beyond regurgitating the culture war bull**** that you read on The Fedaralist is not a threat to freedom of the press.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 07:42 PM   #348 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 14,703
Default

Quote:
Conclusion: America sucks from sea to shining sea.
Church
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 07:44 PM   #349 (permalink)
Master Of Muzak
 
Anteater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Somewhere swarthy
Posts: 4,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Pointing out your inability to support your own stances beyond regurgitating the culture war bull**** that you read on The Fedaralist is not a threat to freedom of the press.
Methinks the lady doth protest too much. Or maybe you just don't have the attention span to actually look at what's happening over there. OH distilled a fair amount of what that video actually goes over. It isn't "culture war bull****", it's that SF is no longer a place where the vast majority of people can make a sustainable living. It's exactly the kind of place that Republicans love to use as a prime example of why liberals shouldn't run cities without right-wing oversight at the state level.

My comments about "freedom of the press" were more directed to your idiotic dismissal of a legitimate story covering a real problem rather than whether or not San Francisco had any good points culturally.
__________________
My Top 30 Albums of 2018
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
You can't blame the Jews for everything...just most things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
Trump might be the best thing since free jazz.

Last edited by Anteater; 06-04-2019 at 07:53 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 07:50 PM   #350 (permalink)
All day jazz and biscuits
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 40,209
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Conclusion: America sucks from sea to shining sea.
Conclusion: humans aren't capable of governing themselves in complex systems since they don't understand complex systems.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.