Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2019, 01:52 PM   #381 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
it's not that they lie, they just don't always tell the whole story

moving to N Texas could be a great economic decision, but then you'd have to live in N Texas
Or they get exploited to push an agenda.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:00 PM   #382 (permalink)
Reading PDFs
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 11,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
None of it is wild. 100% of it being used to perpetuate human activity. Any organism that tries to exist in north Texas that competes with crops and livestock is exterminated by HUMANS.

Your arguments about “nothing in every direction” sound a lot like the **** the religious right says. That by itself doesn’t make you wrong but your commonality with the religious right is that you deny this truth because it threatens your ideology. Within the borders in the continental United States there’s almost no land that it isn’t being exploited by humanity. If you think north Texas has an abundance of nothingness set up a tent and see how long it takes for a farmer to call the police on your ass.
I was able to set up a tent and not be bothered in San Diego...ask Mondo

but no I mean there is still a ton of "holy **** I hope I don't break down out here" land in Texas

not even a cow...just nothing
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
I love tube disasters
I wanna marry a tube disaster
I want another one just like the last one
because I live for tube disasters
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:05 PM   #383 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 5,020
Default

Any worse than some area's of Chicago?
__________________
See location...
Plankton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:06 PM   #384 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 14,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I was able to set up a tent and not be bothered in San Diego...ask Mondo

but no I mean there is still a ton of "holy **** I hope I don't break down out here" land in Texas
It sounded like you think it’s cool if we put a few more Houstons in Texas. It’s not.
__________________

¡¡¡brigada juvenil anarquista!!!
FLARLY WE RIDE
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:07 PM   #385 (permalink)
Reading PDFs
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 11,368
Default

why not?

I think we ought to preserve our national parks, but Texas certainly has the space
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
I love tube disasters
I wanna marry a tube disaster
I want another one just like the last one
because I live for tube disasters
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:12 PM   #386 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 14,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
why not?
Because Jesus can’t really make it rain manna from Heaven.
__________________

¡¡¡brigada juvenil anarquista!!!
FLARLY WE RIDE
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:18 PM   #387 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 32,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I don't always trust a lot of these economic reports because Utah had one that claimed we had an all time low of homelessness when that was completely contradictory to the truth. Fact was that our homeless people aren't checking into the shelter and the head count goes by what's in the shelter.

TL/DR numbers don't always tell the truth.
Could also be a state level statistic when the city-level numbers are a much different story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Because Jesus can’t really make it rain manna from Heaven.
Moving from a spread out populace to more condensed population centers=/=increasing the population

The latter's gonna happen whether you're spread out or stacked on top of each other.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:23 PM   #388 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 14,745
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
why not?

I think we ought to preserve our national parks, but Texas certainly has the space
You know, I kind of respect the way you just said you didn’t get that cartoon instead of just googling red shift. But your lack of understanding of environmental science is appalling. I’m sorry for making it personal but you’re in your mid twenties now. I’ve given you the stats on remaining large mammals. I’ve laid out the math explaining the difference between thousands and billions. You might as well join the Christian Right. No amount of evidence will steer you away from what you want to believe.
__________________

¡¡¡brigada juvenil anarquista!!!
FLARLY WE RIDE
OccultHawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:24 PM   #389 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Could also be a state level statistic when the city-level numbers are a much different story.



Moving from a spread out populace to more condensed population centers=/=increasing the population

The latter's gonna happen whether you're spread out or stacked on top of each other.
No, I read up on it. We're not as bad as other major cities but we definitely saw a growth when that article came out so I did some digging and found another article explaining why they came to that conclusion.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:26 PM   #390 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 32,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
You might as well join the Christian Right. No amount of evidence will steer you away from what you want to believe.
This here is what we call projection
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.