Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-06-2019, 02:24 PM   #401 (permalink)
Willowy Elven Boy
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: This Synth Kills Fascists
Posts: 12,916
Default

we consume far more than we need to on an individual level

to use the traffic analogy, far more people own cars than what could be necessary with investment in public transit
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
Take 'em all, take 'em all
Put 'em up against a wall and shoot 'em
elphenor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:29 PM   #402 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 33,714
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Thank you for allowing the conversation to move on.

Reward voluntary sterilization world wide. Culturally stigmatize pregnancy and child birth. Make heterosexual intercourse taboo. Admit there’s a problem.
Wouldn't that incentivization lead to sterilization on class lines pretty much 100% of the time?

I'd say that mandating sustainable agricultural practices and moving from fossil fuels to nuclear power is the most practical approach for reducing human impact on biodiversity without compromising on ethics. Sustainable forms of energy are good but typically take up a lot of land which would be counterintuitive for this problem. That's not to say that overpopulation isn't a big player in all of this of course.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:30 PM   #403 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
Today I learned how Greeks got their knowledge from Egypt of masonry, and now im learning about the opera called "Carmen" gotta answers questions about the opera, which means i actually will spend time watching an opera..
Opera is sweet.. dont hate
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:31 PM   #404 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 18,755
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
we consume far more than we need to on an individual level

to use the traffic analogy, far more people own cars than what could be necessary with investment in public transit
I 100% agree. There’s two things we definitely need to do: 1) Limit the amount we consume as individuals and 2) limit the number of individuals doing the consuming.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Everyone on here is a loser
FLARLY WE RIDE
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:34 PM   #405 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,077
Default

Do you think this line of thinking is different than limiting cigarettes, drugs, alcohol, and unhealthy food to reduce health care costs and socioeconomic issues?
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:36 PM   #406 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 18,755
Default

Quote:
Wouldn't that incentivization lead to sterilization on class lines pretty much 100% of the time?
Unfortunately, yes.

Quote:
moving from fossil fuels to nuclear power
Yes. It’s not pretty or desirable but it’s 100% aligned with reality.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Everyone on here is a loser
FLARLY WE RIDE
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:41 PM   #407 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 18,755
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Do you think this line of thinking is different than limiting cigarettes, drugs, alcohol, and unhealthy food to reduce health care costs and socioeconomic issues?
Well, not really because death and declining health are inevitable. But taken in terms of turning otherwise healthy bodies into diseased bodies then yes it’s a similar line of reasoning.

Do you have a top three favorite operas?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Everyone on here is a loser
FLARLY WE RIDE
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:46 PM   #408 (permalink)
Cuter Than Post Malone.
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 4,527
Default

You ever thought, "Man, **** the planet!"? Earth ain't special.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:46 PM   #409 (permalink)
Willowy Elven Boy
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: This Synth Kills Fascists
Posts: 12,916
Default

I don't want kids but making that decision for others is an extreme level of authoritarianism

also people are not predicted to even have enough children replace themselves in the long term in developed countries
__________________
Just another marketing ploy
Quote:
Take 'em all, take 'em all
Put 'em up against a wall and shoot 'em
elphenor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2019, 02:50 PM   #410 (permalink)
Fck Ths Thngs
 
DwnWthVwls's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Well, not really because death and declining health are inevitable. But taken in terms of turning otherwise healthy bodies into diseased bodies then yes it’s a similar line of reasoning.

Do you have a top three favorite operas?
I dont actually, havent had the pleasure of exploring it. I used to work with an amateur singer, and I went to see his performance at his church, which is what turned me onto it. I just think it sounds beautiful.
__________________
I don't got a god complex, you got a simple god...

Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I'd vote for Trump
DwnWthVwls is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.