Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > The Lounge
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Does Rubber Soul contribute here?
Yes 12 75.00%
No. He's dumb as an ox and is worse than Adolph Hitler 4 25.00%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2018, 04:24 PM   #161 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
No you really are. You're not a Nazi but you're on the lazy side of the spectrum.
How am I an English nationalist Charles?
__________________


"Be a good teammate."
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:26 PM   #162 (permalink)
OQB
 
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Frownland
Posts: 8,743
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You think everyone gets worked up when they don't use 1337 speak.
w o r k e d u p
__________________
Music Blog / RYM / Last.fm / Qwertyy's Journal of Music Reviews and Other Assorted Ramblings

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I'm not even mad. Seriously I'm not. You're a good dude, and I think and hope you'll become something good
Ol’ Qwerty Bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:28 PM   #163 (permalink)
All day jazz and biscuits
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 40,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
How am I an English nationalist Charles?
The amount of British flag **** and other British nonsense you post is about (thought not quite) on the level of Americans who support Toby Keith with his American flag guitar and talking about our military putting a boot up your ass. You're the kind of guy who if England went to war you'd support it without having to know who you were fighting or why. Maybe you didn't support the Iraq War but you'd have to be pretty ****ing stupid to support an American imperialist war when you weren't an American so that really doesn't count.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:33 PM   #164 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
The amount of British flag **** and other British nonsense you post is about (thought not quite) on the level of Americans who support Toby Keith with his American flag guitar and talking about our military putting a boot up your ass. You're the kind of guy who if England went to war you'd support it without having to know who you were fighting or why. Maybe you didn't support the Iraq War but you'd have to be pretty ****ing stupid to support an American imperialist war when you weren't an American so that really doesn't count.
England isn't Britain.

Also you are wrong.
__________________


"Be a good teammate."
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:36 PM   #165 (permalink)
be excellent 2 each other
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 32,020
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
England isn't Britain.
You can go with the stream and agree with that use of the word or you can argue against it and be sort of right but also just talk past most people as a result.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:46 PM   #166 (permalink)
All day jazz and biscuits
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 40,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
England isn't Britain.

Also you are wrong.
I think you're more about England than you are about Britain.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:46 PM   #167 (permalink)
Reading PDFs
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 11,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
You can go with the stream and agree with that use of the word or you can argue against it and be sort of right but also just talk past most people as a result.
if you can have a semantic argument always have a semantic argument
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
I love tube disasters
I wanna marry a tube disaster
I want another one just like the last one
because I live for tube disasters
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:49 PM   #168 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,425
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
I think you're more about England than you are about Britain.
Based on what?
__________________


"Be a good teammate."
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:52 PM   #169 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,507
Default

White privilege is a collection of factors and statistics that prove that the American system is more likely to put white people in power rather than other minorities.

A great point that backs it up is the fact that the worst places in America with the most poverty, the least resources and the most violence are primarily black areas with a history of being refused resources over racial discrimination from a time when black people were segregated into these communities away from white people.

Another great point is that minorities are given harsher sentences than white people for the same crimes. To go along with that is the fact that some police stations are literally telling their officers to target minorities over whites to hit quota.

Because of our history of racism white people are more likely to have connections and opportunities from being born in a family that built connections, businesses and opportunities over time while a lot of minorities don't have those some connections because our racist history literally prevented them from doing it. A great example is the fact that there are more white legacy students in college (these are students that were accepted into universities because they are related to alumni of those colleges) than there are black people in college as a whole.

There is also a perceptional bias assuming that minorities are criminals or gang members causing them to be harassed or blamed or stalked in stores. White people in America almost never have to worry about being treated unfairly in stores, restaurants, places of employment, etc. because of their race.

Edit: The first American president that wasn't white was accused of not being an actual citizen and was harassed into providing a birth certificate because of the color of his skin. Even the most powerful person in America is not exempt from the harassment, prejudice and assumptions that white people in this country never have to face. If that isn't a sign of white privilege, I don't know what is.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.

Last edited by Lucem Ferre; 07-29-2018 at 05:01 PM.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2018, 04:58 PM   #170 (permalink)
Reading PDFs
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 11,368
Default

it's of course not just an American problem

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...-a7992016.html
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

Quote:
I love tube disasters
I wanna marry a tube disaster
I want another one just like the last one
because I live for tube disasters
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.