What's The Latest Film You Have Seen? - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Media
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2011, 02:00 PM   #10601 (permalink)
\/ GOD
 
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Nowhere...
Posts: 2,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post
this picture has officially sold me on seeing this film asap!
You should, Ken Russell is a strange genius.
__________________
Quote:
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:21 AM   #10602 (permalink)
Live by the Sword
 
Howard the Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 9,075
Default

^^and oh yeah Three Extremes is Asian, not just Japanese, and is actually a sequel, I wouldn't bother with the first comp cos it's rather boring

The Box is Japanese and done by Takashi Miike
Dumplings is from Hong Kong and done by Fruit Chan
Cut is of course Korean
__________________


Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 12:24 AM   #10603 (permalink)
\/ GOD
 
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Nowhere...
Posts: 2,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
^^and oh yeah Three Extremes is Asian, not just Japanese, and is actually a sequel, I wouldn't bother with the first comp cos it's rather boring

The Box is Japanese and done by Takashi Miike
Dumplings is from Hong Kong and done by Fruit Chan
Cut is of course Korean
Actually, that's a rather embarrassing oversight by myself. Especially since the point of the film is to represent 3 nationalities perspectives.

As for any prequel, I just picked this up for Wook, and Dumplings was just a pleasant addition. I'm curious though, has Fruit Chan done anything else for me to look into?
__________________
Quote:
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:02 AM   #10604 (permalink)
Live by the Sword
 
Howard the Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 9,075
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra View Post
Actually, that's a rather embarrassing oversight by myself. Especially since the point of the film is to represent 3 nationalities perspectives.

As for any prequel, I just picked this up for Wook, and Dumplings was just a pleasant addition. I'm curious though, has Fruit Chan done anything else for me to look into?
the first two of his 1997 trilogy are worth looking into (basically tied into the impending turmoil of handover of Hong Kong back to China)

Made in Hong Kong is a work about disenfrachisement, aloofness and alienation of the youth

The Longest Summer is about discarding old guards of the British system and absorption into the crazy laissez faire world of China and it's a great heist movie to boot

haven't seen the third one
__________________


Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:45 PM   #10605 (permalink)
\/ GOD
 
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Nowhere...
Posts: 2,179
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
the first two of his 1997 trilogy are worth looking into (basically tied into the impending turmoil of handover of Hong Kong back to China)

Made in Hong Kong is a work about disenfrachisement, aloofness and alienation of the youth

The Longest Summer is about discarding old guards of the British system and absorption into the crazy laissez faire world of China and it's a great heist movie to boot

haven't seen the third one
Put both on my list.

Also, just watched 'Enter The Void', and was disappointed. I mean, the visuals were truly amazing, and the story was kind of put together ok. Problem was, the story was so simplistic, and I felt the beating over the head with 3 hours of Freudian "leaving mother, leaving innocence" metaphors was a bit excessive. Could have been easily half the length without the bizarre psychedelic porn, and scenes that seemed to establish points made 80 times earlier.

Essentially, a potentially great file destroyed by it's insanely pretentious excesses.
__________________
Quote:
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 01:54 PM   #10606 (permalink)
Groupie
 
robinjones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: London
Posts: 9
Default

Kung Fu Panda 2. Definetely recommending it!
__________________
Read the site rules and regulations.
robinjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:03 AM   #10607 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Raust's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 1,411
Default


What a bloody mess. It was pretty epic.
Raust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:19 AM   #10608 (permalink)
Live by the Sword
 
Howard the Duck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Posts: 9,075
Default

^^the sheer amount of views this film is getting is making me intrigued about it

probably will be getting it along with Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy
__________________


Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:27 AM   #10609 (permalink)
Still sends his reguards.
 
bob.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Trying to get out of the cat town....
Posts: 5,039
Default



bike porn galore......and large marge
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 01:34 PM   #10610 (permalink)
\/ GOD
 
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Nowhere...
Posts: 2,179
Default

Haxan - Film classic, and rightfully so. Albeit, the 'medical comparison' bit in the end of the movie was ridiculously outdated, makes for an interesting social commentary.
__________________
Quote:
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.