What's The Latest Film You Have Seen? - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Media
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 07:54 PM   #13861 (permalink)
Remember the underscore
 
Pet_Sounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: The other side
Posts: 2,347
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric generic View Post
Monuments Men looks to be just about the least subtle thing ever made.
By subtle, I meant in terms of special effects, CGI, etc. A lot of war movies go overboard on them.
__________________
Everybody's dying just to get the disease
Pet_Sounds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 09:29 PM   #13862 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,158
Default



Red Hook Summer (2012)
I have really mixed feelings about this movie. I liked the premise, liked the setting, liked the way it was shot and thought Clarke Peters gave a great performance. But the whole thing felt kind of half-assed, like Spike Lee had decided to film a rough draft of a script, and the two adolescents at the heart of the story were two of the worst actors I've ever seen in my life.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:01 PM   #13863 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Scotland
Posts: 4,353
Default

We watched Hiroshima Mon Amour in film class today and honestly it could be the most beautiful film I have ever seen. Without sound it could be mistaken for art, without video it could be taken as poetry, and the union of the two is just magical.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 12:38 PM   #13864 (permalink)
Out of Place
 
Black Francis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in an abstract house
Posts: 4,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post


Red Hook Summer (2012)
I have really mixed feelings about this movie. I liked the premise, liked the setting, liked the way it was shot and thought Clarke Peters gave a great performance. But the whole thing felt kind of half-assed, like Spike Lee had decided to film a rough draft of a script, and the two adolescents at the heart of the story were two of the worst actors I've ever seen in my life.
But.. But.. it's a spike lee joint..

i thought those were always good

I haven't seen that one but Crooklyn is one of my fav films ever is that one similar to Crooklyn?
__________________
"Hey Kids you got to meet the MIGHTY PIXIES!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbRbCtIgW3A
Black Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 01:33 PM   #13865 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
But.. But.. it's a spike lee joint..

i thought those were always good

I haven't seen that one but Crooklyn is one of my fav films ever is that one similar to Crooklyn?
I've never seen Crooklyn so I'm not sure. I'd say the vibe of this movie is like a mix between Do the Right Thing and Get on the Bus but not as good as either. If you like Spike Lee, it's worth seeing. It's not a bad movie. It has some great things about it, it's just very flawed.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:12 PM   #13866 (permalink)
"The Messiah Complex"
 
DoesntReallyMatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 168
Default

Just saw 'Ender's Game'...oh my God what a horrible waste of my time/ life.
Maybe, if I was 13....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
But.. But.. it's a spike lee joint..

i thought those were always good
?
Spike Lee is an *******. Proven and written.
What would ever make you think his films are good?
DoesntReallyMatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:16 PM   #13867 (permalink)
cooler commie than elph
 
Isbjørn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: In a hole, help
Posts: 2,633
Default

I watched Psycho for the second time today, and how I love it. Unfortunately, the shower scene is so well known that it's not even scary to new viewers, because it's expected.
Isbjørn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:24 PM   #13868 (permalink)
"The Messiah Complex"
 
DoesntReallyMatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 168
Default

Ever seen 'Hitchcock'?
With Anthony Hopkins, and all 'at?
DoesntReallyMatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:27 PM   #13869 (permalink)
Out of Place
 
Black Francis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: in an abstract house
Posts: 4,004
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesntReallyMatter View Post

Spike Lee is an *******. Proven and written.
What would ever make you think his films are good?
Cause ive seen a couple of them and they were good

Most of them always bring up the issue of racism but aside from that they were pretty decent films
__________________
"Hey Kids you got to meet the MIGHTY PIXIES!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbRbCtIgW3A
Black Francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 03:38 PM   #13870 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoesntReallyMatter View Post
Spike Lee is an *******. Proven and written.
What would ever make you think his films are good?
The fact that some of them are good. Being an asshole and being a talented filmmaker are not mutually exclusive.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.