What's The Latest Film You Have Seen? - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Media
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2016, 10:22 AM   #16431 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuy Grungeman View Post
Keep deluding yourself. I mention imdn if I'm impressed how far it got. I bring up internet movie data bases to back up an argument like "It's a comedy because it has a lot of jokes. Besides, it's not unheard of to call it a comedy. Heck, other websites call it a comedy as well."
No, you've definitely brought it up in the past to back up your arguments.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:24 AM   #16432 (permalink)
Primo Celebate Sexiness
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,662
Default

You mean my arguments and opinions that were already formed before I looked up the RT or Imdb or RYM ratings? And how I merely show other websites that agree with my opinion, not me agreeing with them? It's not uncommon to use sources on the internet. :P
__________________
I'm a pretty nice troll if you ask me.
JGuy Grungeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:30 AM   #16433 (permalink)
Key
.
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,153
Default

Trusting a critics opinion on a movie is like not listening to an album because someone who hates the band says it sucks.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:30 AM   #16434 (permalink)
Primo Celebate Sexiness
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,662
Default

I'm not saying you're wrong because RT says so. Bat, you're the one who said it was unmemorable in a manner similar to stating no one would remember it. Also, I'm saying that because there could be a chance he'll like it. Usually, people hate bad movies, right? This won't be the case everytime, but it is not true that the beeter a movie is, the better chance someone watching it for the first time will find something to like about it, even if he doesn't give it a great rating? Example. I like a couple slngs on the "greatest punk album ever," Ramones. I honestly think it's about two whole stars overrated. Still, I found something to like about it. I usually thrive on subjectivity, and it's subjectivitythat makes things get good or bad ratings.

So if you're really saying I let other websites or people decide my opinion, you couldn't be more wrong. I form an opinion, then see if other websites agree.
__________________
I'm a pretty nice troll if you ask me.
JGuy Grungeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:34 AM   #16435 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuy Grungeman View Post
You mean my arguments and opinions that were already formed before I looked up the RT or Imdb or RYM ratings? And how I merely show other websites that agree with my opinion, not me agreeing with them? It's not uncommon to use sources on the internet. :P
You use sources to prove an objective claim you are making, not a subjective opinion.

Wikipedia: Argument from authority
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:37 AM   #16436 (permalink)
Primo Celebate Sexiness
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,662
Default

It's objective that it is subjectively agreed upon, so as a human being and a member of the same race that votes upon these thngs, there's a chance he'll find something to remember abot it. You really don't get to decide what the definite context was. And if you're thinking I did that with your post, keep in mind I said that's how I felt you came across, not that what I thoght you were saying was definitely what I thought.
__________________
I'm a pretty nice troll if you ask me.
JGuy Grungeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:38 AM   #16437 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuy Grungeman View Post
So if you're really saying I let other websites or people decide my opinion, you couldn't be more wrong. I form an opinion, then see if other websites agree.
I'm saying you use them to say, "Hey, all these people agree with me, so you're wrong and I'm right."
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:40 AM   #16438 (permalink)
Primo Celebate Sexiness
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,662
Default

But that's how you took it, bevause that's usually how people bringing up websites like that argue. Did you forget about how different reasons can affect things?
__________________
I'm a pretty nice troll if you ask me.
JGuy Grungeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:43 AM   #16439 (permalink)
Key
.
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 13,153
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGuy Grungeman View Post
But that's how you took it, bevause that's usually how people bringing up websites like that argue. Did you forget about how different reasons can affect things?
Not if you stick to your guns and form your own opinion. Other people's opinions don't change my opinion.
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2016, 10:59 AM   #16440 (permalink)
Primo Celebate Sexiness
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 2,662
Default

I'm not saying the will, but do you understand what makes the movie great? I already stated why I thought the movie was great: beautiful music, all-star cast, amazing scenery. So for a secondary argument, I brought up RT in case people were thinking "I might be able to find something I like about it. Might." In all fairness, I don't care if your opinion is the same as Bat's. My sole intent on using RT was merely to say, "Hey, you can decide if you like it." I mean, to be fair, many people have decided to try out The Godfather because it's one of the greatest movies ever made, just like there are people who avoid Highlander 2 because people here it's so horrible. Besides, if I did agree with the 79% score, how come I feel it's seriously underrated? I think it should be at least 90%.
__________________
I'm a pretty nice troll if you ask me.
JGuy Grungeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.