Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Media
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2018, 07:15 PM   #91 (permalink)
Who wants this dick?
 
Dharma & Greg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 36,549
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassoonPlatoon View Post
You guys are obviously confusing it with Fifty Shades of Grey
One is a fanfiction of the other and the first still sounds like a possibly well written but still lame fan fiction.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvin & Hobbes
To evaluate my character my immediate pleasure is being pitted against my future greed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The Batlord is amazing man. He loves some fine woman and he gets horny easily. What is better than that.
Dharma & Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 03:05 PM   #92 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Lilja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 511
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Evil (original Norwegian title is "Ondskan". A better english translation in this case would have been "Cruelty".)
It's a good, Swedish film. The Swedish speaking throughout, the setting in Sweden, and the inclusion of at least one Skarsgård gives it away .
Lilja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 03:09 PM   #93 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aalborg
Posts: 7,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
It's a good, Swedish film. The Swedish speaking throughout, the setting in Sweden, and the inclusion of at least one Skarsgård gives it away .
I don't usually mix up Norway and Sweden. It's just that it's been many years since I watched the movie. Ooops.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 03:27 PM   #94 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Lilja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I don't usually mix up Norway and Sweden. It's just that it's been many years since I watched the movie. Ooops.
No worries.

Another good, sad Swedish film is "A Man called Ove" (En man som heter Ove). If that doesn't make you cry then you have no soul. Although Tom Hanks is remaking it/starring in it so you could always wait for the American version.

"Lilja-4-ever" is another great film although that might throw you off the deep end. Generally, Swedish films aren't that good these days. Mainly over the top mushy with a few exceptions.
Lilja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2018, 03:31 PM   #95 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aalborg
Posts: 7,641
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilja View Post
No worries.

Another good, sad Swedish film is "A Man called Ove" (En man som heter Ove). If that doesn't make you cry then you have no soul. Although Tom Hanks is remaking it/starring in it so you could always wait for the American version.

"Lilja-4-ever" is another great film although that might throw you off the deep end. Generally, Swedish films aren't that good these days. Mainly over the top mushy with a few exceptions.
I do want to watch "En man som heter Ove". I remember seeing the trailer in a movie theater and thinking it looked like a potentially good mix of dark humour and drama. Definitely sticking with the Swedish version. I think American remakes of already good, contemporary European movies are pointless from an artistic point of view (makes good commercial sense, I'm sure).

I've got a good amount of Swedish movies I intend to watch, since I bought a bunch of Ingmar Bergman movies on DVD a while ago.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 03:08 PM   #96 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Lilja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 511
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
I do want to watch "En man som heter Ove". I remember seeing the trailer in a movie theater and thinking it looked like a potentially good mix of dark humour and drama. Definitely sticking with the Swedish version. I think American remakes of already good, contemporary European movies are pointless from an artistic point of view (makes good commercial sense, I'm sure).

I've got a good amount of Swedish movies I intend to watch, since I bought a bunch of Ingmar Bergman movies on DVD a while ago.
It's a good film but very sad. I can't see Ove as any other
nationality but Swedish.. The whole movie revolves around his being a Swede... debates with the districts (kommun), Volvo vs. Saab. It will be interesting to see how it is adapted.

It is like "Låt den rätte komma in" transl. Let the Right One in.The book was really disturbing. I saw the Swedish version and was kind of shocked that it got so much praise. It wasnt that good. Alot of the main bits of the book were cut out and ignored. Never saw the American one though I hope it wasnt true to the book as well. Although maybe they changed the translation because that story was really messed up. One of the few books that haunt me.

Last edited by Lilja; 12-28-2018 at 03:15 PM.
Lilja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2018, 08:50 PM   #97 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
BassoonPlatoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Springfield
Posts: 218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
it is pretty much the exact same title

they both have T's
Oh, I totally understand where the confusion is coming from. It is, after all, a common mistake. But, I think we all agree that one is more suited for this occasion than the other is.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
And Calvin and Hobbes is the best comic. The ****'s wrong with you?
Snowy owls bark like dogs.
BassoonPlatoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.