Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music > Name that Tune
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Roku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Dragon Realms
Posts: 43
Default Does anyone know what these lyrics are?

So there's this song by A Day to Remember called "The Downfall of Us All" that I really liked so I went and search for an instrumental version of it with the backing vocals and found one. Though at 2:50 I'm not sure exactly what the back up vocals are saying.

I can understand the first part is "you were right and I was wrong" but I can't understand the part he says after that. Here's the video:
A Day To Remember - Downfall of Us All (Instrumental) - YouTube

Can anyone figure out what he's saying for me? Thanks.
__________________
I Saw the Queen
Swam Out Below Her Star on Sea Beneath

But Through Thick and Thin They've Gone Away
And Only Left Their Grief
Roku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 02:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Al Dente
 
SATCHMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,689
Default

Wow, google is amazing!

Da da da de da da da
Da da da de da da da
Let's go

It's not easy making a name for yourself
Where do you draw the line?
I never thought I'd be in this far
Let's have some fun and never change that for anyone
Try not to miss me when I'm gone

Woooh, wooooh

I sold my soul to the open road
I'll live my life alone
You won't find me in the same spot believe me
I could never stop, my life's turned upside down

Meet me out past the train tracks I'm leavin' and not coming back

You're right and I was wrong
This town will be the downfall of us all.

I'm gonna need you to try to follow along.
I did the best that I could to try to write you songs.
Now go tell them we sold out, like we're the ones who changed.
I write what I feel, I say what I mean
You can't buy sincerity

Woooh, wooooh

I sold my soul to the open road
You won't find me in the same spot believe me
I could never stop, my life's turned upside down

Meet me out past the train tracks I'm leavin' and not coming back

You're right and I was wrong
This town will be the downfall of us all.

Don't forget yourselves we made up our minds
We signed 3, 4, 5 on that dotted line X2

You won't find me in the same spot believe me
I could never stop, my life's turned upside down
Meet me out past the train tracks I'm leavin' and not coming back
You're right and I was wrong

You won't find me in the same spot believe me
I could never stop, my life's turned upside down

Meet me out past the train tracks I'm leavin' and not coming back

You're right and I was wrong
This town will be the downfall of us all, this town will be the downfall of us all.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord
And if you're getting bored then feel free to go give Eddie Vedder a handjob.
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 3,982
Default

riveting... I am on the edge of my seat...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Roxy, what'd I tell you about sitting in your seats properly? Don't make me get the hose!
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 3,982
Default

it rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Al Dente
 
SATCHMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,689
Default

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord
And if you're getting bored then feel free to go give Eddie Vedder a handjob.
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Oracle
 
RoxyRollah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Closer then you think.....
Posts: 3,982
Default

omg I ALMOST lost my lung.... don't do that....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarBizarre View Post
Roxy is unable to perpetrate violence. It always somehow turns into BDSM between two consenting adults.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I just want to say your tits are lovely.
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Roxy is the William S. Burroughs of our time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
I like Roxy, she's awesome and her taste in music far exceeds yours. Roxy is in the Major League bro, and you're like a sad clown in a two bit rodeo.
RoxyRollah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Roku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Dragon Realms
Posts: 43
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SATCHMO View Post
Wow, google is amazing!

Da da da de da da da
Da da da de da da da
Let's go

It's not easy making a name for yourself
Where do you draw the line?
I never thought I'd be in this far
Let's have some fun and never change that for anyone
Try not to miss me when I'm gone

Woooh, wooooh

I sold my soul to the open road
I'll live my life alone
You won't find me in the same spot believe me
I could never stop, my life's turned upside down

Meet me out past the train tracks I'm leavin' and not coming back

You're right and I was wrong
This town will be the downfall of us all.

I'm gonna need you to try to follow along.
I did the best that I could to try to write you songs.
Now go tell them we sold out, like we're the ones who changed.
I write what I feel, I say what I mean
You can't buy sincerity

Woooh, wooooh

I sold my soul to the open road
You won't find me in the same spot believe me
I could never stop, my life's turned upside down

Meet me out past the train tracks I'm leavin' and not coming back

You're right and I was wrong
This town will be the downfall of us all.

Don't forget yourselves we made up our minds
We signed 3, 4, 5 on that dotted line X2

You won't find me in the same spot believe me
I could never stop, my life's turned upside down
Meet me out past the train tracks I'm leavin' and not coming back
You're right and I was wrong

You won't find me in the same spot believe me
I could never stop, my life's turned upside down

Meet me out past the train tracks I'm leavin' and not coming back

You're right and I was wrong
This town will be the downfall of us all, this town will be the downfall of us all.
I know the lyrics to the actual song, I just need to know the lyrics to that part of the backing vocals, did you even read my post?

And what the heck happened? You guys didn't even stay focused for five seconds. Please, don't just go posting random stuff on a topic that has nothing to do with what I asked. If you don't have the answer I'm looking for, don't bother posting.
__________________
I Saw the Queen
Swam Out Below Her Star on Sea Beneath

But Through Thick and Thin They've Gone Away
And Only Left Their Grief
Roku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:04 AM   #9 (permalink)
Al Dente
 
SATCHMO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Texas
Posts: 4,689
Default

Sorry, man. We'll stay outta your yard, promise.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord
And if you're getting bored then feel free to go give Eddie Vedder a handjob.
SATCHMO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 06:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Roku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Dragon Realms
Posts: 43
Default

No problem, but couls somebody please tell me what those lyrics are?
__________________
I Saw the Queen
Swam Out Below Her Star on Sea Beneath

But Through Thick and Thin They've Gone Away
And Only Left Their Grief
Roku is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.