Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music > Name that Tune
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2018, 03:18 AM   #21 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 38,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorntond View Post
Thanks. I've looked on the IMDb and I didn't say any names I recognised.
Say their names three times into a mirror and you shall have your answer.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
Doug McClasky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 06:20 AM   #22 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
Say their names three times into a mirror and you shall have your answer.
Does it work in a similar way with granting wishes?

If so, how many times will I need to ask the mirror to make you disappear?
thorntond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 06:20 AM   #23 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPolkaDot View Post
Personally since I went to look at the original youtube video looking for Nat King Cole's name- haha yes I seriously thought it was him- and the name Lloyd Price was mentioned in the details of the video, I would personally trust this answer.
It doesn't look like Lloyd Price.
thorntond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 06:39 AM   #24 (permalink)
White Cis Male
 
Akai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: West Mids, UK
Posts: 1,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by windsock View Post
It looks like it's from Ed Sullivan
Nah, it's from the Pat Boone show
__________________
Quote:
''Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny'' - FZ
3 OtC Musical Interests of Q4 2018 - Khruangbin | Fkj | Yussef Dayes


-Audio Technica ATH-M40x
-Presonus Studio 26
-Spirit Powerstation 1200W
-Peavey XT Series x2




⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀https://i.imgur.com/NUbupRr.jpg
Akai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 08:06 AM   #25 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,500
Default

The Pat Boone Show was in the swingin' 60s.
This is definitely 50s era - more than likely mid 50s Sullivan Show period.

I'm also leaning a bit toward Lonnie Sattin as a possibility.
I don't know how old he would be during this time, but it could be him.
I'd have to look again at some pix online to get a more recent look.
He was the cousin of the great Dakota Staton.
I'm still not ruling out Lloyd Price because, yes, he does look like a guy in his 20s -
this was the way classy guys in their 20s dressed in those days.

Update: yes, I'm seeing that Lonnie would've been 30 years old
during this performance. Going back to see if I can hear his voice
over the caterwauling Robinson.
__________________
Lust.PM
Mixclown
GooDweebs

Last edited by rostasi; 12-24-2018 at 08:25 AM.
rostasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 10:12 AM   #26 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
Doug McClasky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 38,442
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorntond View Post
Does it work in a similar way with granting wishes?

If so, how many times will I need to ask the mirror to make you disappear?
What are you? Some kinda superstitious peasant?
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
Doug McClasky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 04:55 PM   #27 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostasi View Post
The Pat Boone Show was in the swingin' 60s.
This is definitely 50s era - more than likely mid 50s Sullivan Show period.

I'm also leaning a bit toward Lonnie Sattin as a possibility.
I don't know how old he would be during this time, but it could be him.
I'd have to look again at some pix online to get a more recent look.
He was the cousin of the great Dakota Staton.
I'm still not ruling out Lloyd Price because, yes, he does look like a guy in his 20s -
this was the way classy guys in their 20s dressed in those days.

Update: yes, I'm seeing that Lonnie would've been 30 years old
during this performance. Going back to see if I can hear his voice
over the caterwauling Robinson.
Thanks but it isn't Lonnie Sattin or Lloyd Price.

They just don't look like the guy Robinson is with.
thorntond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 04:58 PM   #28 (permalink)
White Cis Male
 
Akai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: West Mids, UK
Posts: 1,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostasi View Post
The Pat Boone Show was in the swingin' 60s.
This is definitely 50s era - more than likely mid 50s Sullivan Show period.
Go check the Documentary, they literally say it's the Pat Boone show dud
__________________
Quote:
''Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny'' - FZ
3 OtC Musical Interests of Q4 2018 - Khruangbin | Fkj | Yussef Dayes


-Audio Technica ATH-M40x
-Presonus Studio 26
-Spirit Powerstation 1200W
-Peavey XT Series x2




⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀https://i.imgur.com/NUbupRr.jpg
Akai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 05:37 PM   #29 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,500
Default

No it doesn't. It just has Woody Allen saying that he was a writer for the Pat Boone Show and
that Sugar Ray was scheduled to be on (which, by the way, he didn't, in the end, actually do).
They then cut to Sugar Ray and Lloyd on the Sullivan show (which was B&W in the 50s -
the Pat Boone Show was in color in the late 60s).
__________________
Lust.PM
Mixclown
GooDweebs
rostasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 05:43 PM   #30 (permalink)
White Cis Male
 
Akai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: West Mids, UK
Posts: 1,221
Default

Why wouldn't they say he didn't do it
__________________
Quote:
''Jazz isn't dead, it just smells funny'' - FZ
3 OtC Musical Interests of Q4 2018 - Khruangbin | Fkj | Yussef Dayes


-Audio Technica ATH-M40x
-Presonus Studio 26
-Spirit Powerstation 1200W
-Peavey XT Series x2




⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀https://i.imgur.com/NUbupRr.jpg
Akai is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.