Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > General Music > Name that Tune
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2018, 05:45 PM   #31 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorntond View Post
Thanks but it isn't Lonnie Sattin or Lloyd Price.

They just don't look like the guy Robinson is with.
Look. How about you just do the research yourself - or better yet,
drop this off at an R&B/soul/jazz forum and see if they say the
same things that I'm getting from at least 3 heavy duty jazz (player)
and R&B dudes on this side. I'm not really interested in this anymore.

I'll check with Lloyd himself and see what he says, but that's it on my side.
__________________
Lust.PM
Mixclown
GooDweebs
rostasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 05:48 PM   #32 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai View Post
Why wouldn't they say he didn't do it
?

You mean, why didn't the video mention that Sugar Ray didn't appear afterall?
Cause that wasn't the point of Woody Allen's comment (or actually any comment).
__________________
Lust.PM
Mixclown
GooDweebs
rostasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 07:32 PM   #33 (permalink)
ComputerHabenHerzschmerz
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,547
Default

Brook Benton?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ʕººʔ
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2018, 07:51 PM   #34 (permalink)
ComputerHabenHerzschmerz
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,547
Default

Is it Curtis Mayfield?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ʕººʔ
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 02:38 AM   #35 (permalink)
Aficionado of Fine Filth
 
Psy-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: You don't want to look in there.
Posts: 3,953
Default

That clip might also be from "The Pat Boone Chevy Showroom" which ran from 1957 to 1960. I think Woody Allen was a staff writer on that show.

Anyway, the closest guess I have (if the clip is from the late 50's to early/mid 60's) would be Dee Clark.


The singer in the video might've been a bit older than Clark would've been at that time, though.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
Welcome to the new mb. A haven for straight white depressive snowflakes playacting as anarchists.


She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 05:56 AM   #36 (permalink)
All day jazz and biscuits
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 39,350
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Is it Curtis Mayfield?

Are those his real front teeth?! Jesus. How did he chew?
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 06:43 AM   #37 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rostasi View Post
Look. How about you just do the research yourself - or better yet,
drop this off at an R&B/soul/jazz forum and see if they say the
same things that I'm getting from at least 3 heavy duty jazz (player)
and R&B dudes on this side. I'm not really interested in this anymore.

I'll check with Lloyd himself and see what he says, but that's it on my side.
I've done research, I've looked online and can't find anything which is why I asked here.

Is it really necessary to spit your dummy out because I said he doesn't look like Lloyd Price?
thorntond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 07:12 AM   #38 (permalink)
All day jazz and biscuits
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 39,350
Default

Quote:
spit your dummy out
wut
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 07:46 AM   #39 (permalink)
ComputerHabenHerzschmerz
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 6,547
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma & Greg View Post
wut
It's a term coaches use during the Special Olympics.
Special Olympics coach "Go win that gold medal."
Special Olympics participant "Coach, you want us to win a bag of flour?"
Special Olympics coach "Spit your dummy out. No. Not a bag of flour, win the event, win a medal."

In many ways this is a Special Olympics. It's the event where a bunch of white guys try to identify a black man in a photograph.
thorntond is our frustrated Special Olympics coach.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" - ʕººʔ
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” ― Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” – Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." - John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." — Keith Richards ☮ 💖 ♫ ∞ ἰχθύς
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 07:51 AM   #40 (permalink)
Ask me how!
 
Oriphiel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: The States
Posts: 5,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
In many ways this is a Special Olympics. It's the event where a bunch of white guys try to identify a black man in a photograph.
__________________
----------------------
|---Mic's Albums---|
----------------------
-----------------------------
|---Deafbox Industries---|
-----------------------------
Oriphiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.