Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Pop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2014, 11:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,831
Default The Worst Of Mainstream/Pop

I'd like to see what bands/artists you think should be avoided. I'm at school so will post some videos when I get home but the duo Millionares is like trash in a dumpster.

You can mention artists for any reason - are they talentless? Are they racist/sexist/homophobic/etc? Is their ideas brainless or cliche'?
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:09 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dragon
 
Wpnfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kansas, United States
Posts: 2,637
Default

Uh Bieber, Taylor Swift come to mind IMMEDIATELY.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,831
Default

What's wrong with Taylor Swift? She's talented, has great vocals, writes her own music, appeals to a certain auidence and can switch between country and pop. If it's because she writes about ex's - give me a ****ing break.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:19 PM   #4 (permalink)
Dragon
 
Wpnfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kansas, United States
Posts: 2,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
What's wrong with Taylor Swift? She's talented, has great vocals, writes her own music, appeals to a certain auidence and can switch between country and pop. If it's because she writes about ex's - give me a ****ing break.
You're right, I was probably too harsh. Too be fair though, it was all I heard at my school and I got kind of sick of it. Party in the USA is acceptable every month or so, but not every fing day.

Biebs is awful.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:28 PM   #5 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
You're right, I was probably too harsh. Too be fair though, it was all I heard at my school and I got kind of sick of it. Party in the USA is acceptable every month or so, but not every fing day.

Biebs is awful.
Party in the USA is by Miley Cyrus, not Taylor Swift.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:31 PM   #6 (permalink)
Dragon
 
Wpnfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kansas, United States
Posts: 2,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla View Post
Party in the USA is by Miley Cyrus, not Taylor Swift.
So? Oh, whoops, I meant to include Cyrus in my first post.
My comment about Party in the USA being acceptable every month or so was supposed to be unrelated to the Taylor Swift comment.
I'm kinda tired, if you couldn't tell.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:38 PM   #7 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 33,128
Default

Swift isn't all that bad just very bland, which is kind of the issue I have with most mainstream artists. I don't really listen to the radio that much but from what I've heard from Demi Lovato and Justin Bieber I can fairly say that they deserve a spot on the list.

EDIT: I just remembered Jennifer Lopez is pretty awful too.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.


Last edited by Frownland; 07-08-2014 at 11:44 PM.
Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2014, 11:59 PM   #8 (permalink)
Crazyyyyyy Train
 
Celladorina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 5,831
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Swift isn't all that bad just very bland, which is kind of the issue I have with most mainstream artists. I don't really listen to the radio that much but from what I've heard from Demi Lovato and Justin Bieber I can fairly say that they deserve a spot on the list.

EDIT: I just remembered Jennifer Lopez is pretty awful too.
I completely agree. I don't listen to the radio either.
Celladorina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Jennifer Lopez is a god damn Legend. She is super talented with her acting skills and dancing. Yeah she kind of phoned in her last album but she is a hard working latina. I need to stay out of this thread because I bet I will keep defending some of the silly names that get dropped.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2014, 12:07 AM   #10 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 33,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Jennifer Lopez is a god damn Legend. She is super talented with her acting skills and dancing. Yeah she kind of phoned in her last album but she is a hard working latina. I need to stay out of this thread because I bet I will keep defending some of the silly names that get dropped.
Why would her acting and dancing mean anything to me? She was good in the cell I'll give her that but it's the music that's abhorrent. But to each their own, I guess it's popular for a reason.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.