Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Pop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2015, 12:03 PM   #71 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 42,076
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
I've never made music before so I can't argue against your point. And I am not against catchy music, think I should point that out. How making complex music is easier than making catchy music, that sort of doesn't make sense to me so I'm open to you explaining why you say it.
If making catchy music was easy then everyone would be able to have a top ten hit, and their albums would contain no filler. Think of all the washed up one-hit wonders of the world who come out with a vastly inferior second single which lasts for all of a week on the charts.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:24 AM   #72 (permalink)
Because I Am, I Can!
 
CoNtrivedNiHilism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
If making catchy music was easy then everyone would be able to have a top ten hit, and their albums would contain no filler. Think of all the washed up one-hit wonders of the world who come out with a vastly inferior second single which lasts for all of a week on the charts.
So if someone's album was chalk full of only catchy music, there'd be no filler? I don't see how that'd work. A catchy song can be filler just as well can a song that isn't catchy in my book.
__________________
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:25 AM   #73 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 33,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
So if someone's album was chalk full of only catchy music, there'd be no filler? I don't see how that'd work. A catchy song can be filler just as well can a song that isn't catchy in my book.
...
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:25 AM   #74 (permalink)
Because I Am, I Can!
 
CoNtrivedNiHilism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
...
Frownland. Give me your thoughts, those dots only provoke my rage. If you think what I said was a load of horsesh*t, say so. If you think would I said was just way off in space. Just say so man.
__________________
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:28 AM   #75 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 33,128
Default

If you find a song catchy then it means that you think it's a good song. Good songs aren't filler. So how can a catchy song be filler?
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:30 AM   #76 (permalink)
Because I Am, I Can!
 
CoNtrivedNiHilism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
If you find a song catchy then it means that you think it's a good song. Good songs aren't filler. So how can a catchy song be filler?
Maybe a catchy song that is just catchy for the hell of it and maybe content wise, the theme lyrically is extremely rudimentary? I don't know haha. My comment pretty much just comes from the fact that I've listened to music (a song) I thought was catchy, but I still skip over it or think it's sort of taking up space on an album. Doesn't always happen, but it does happen.

I'm not crazy!
__________________
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:35 AM   #77 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 33,128
Default

How is a song that you like taking up space on an album?
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:36 AM   #78 (permalink)
Because I Am, I Can!
 
CoNtrivedNiHilism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
How is a song that you like taking up space on an album?
Damn it Frownland, stop finding holes in my debating! Maybe I make it easy.

So. Maybe it's taking up space because it's not a track I consider a strong one? Catchy doesn't always equal a really great song, I mean how could it? Why can't their be catchy music that's mediocre too?
__________________
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:37 AM   #79 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: North of Antarctica
Posts: 33,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoNtrivedNiHilism View Post
Why can't their be catchy music that's mediocre too?
Because if it's mediocre then there's nothing to catch.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 09:39 AM   #80 (permalink)
Because I Am, I Can!
 
CoNtrivedNiHilism's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 1,128
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
Because if it's mediocre then there's nothing to catch.
I just can't see how catchy = good, every damn time. No in between? If this is something I'm missing, educate me.
__________________
CoNtrivedNiHilism is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads
  • Rules, Announcements, Suggestions, & Feedback Forum, 0 replies
  • New Rules, Song Writing, Lyrics and Poetry Forum, 21 replies
  • Rules, Current Events, Philosophy, & Religion Forum, 1 replies
  • The Rules of You and I, Thread Graveyard Forum, 4 replies



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.