Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Pop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2020, 09:28 AM   #1 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Dec 2020
Posts: 1
Default The Ultimate Feel Good Songs

Hi there,
I host a not for profit radio show and have started a discussion with listeners to select their all time Feel Good songs. Strikes me we need such music at this time. Love to know what classic pop songs you'd select in this category. You can nominate your Top 10 if you like. Here's mine:
That's When The Music Takes Me - Neil Sedaka
You Ain't Seen Nothin' Yet - Bachman Turner
You Are The Sunshine Of My Life - Stevie Wonder
We Are The Champions - Queen
Let's Stay Together - Al Green
It's Now Or Never - Elvis Presley
No Regrets - Walker Brothers
Magic - Pilot
Every Little Thing - Police
With A Little Luck - Wings

...what songs make you happy?
Simon S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2020, 02:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Joan of Arkham
 
goldendoodle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 124
Default

These usually will give me one (1) molecule of serotonin (though I also always listen to them when in a chaotic/slightly manic mindframe because I apparently don't ever want to feel TOO good, yknow) :

Spoiler for .:

^ this is my go-to "I haven't slept in 2.5 days and am about to do something very impulsive and stupid right after i finish checking out my cart full of things I don't need on ebay" song.


An obvious choice.


Robyn is also ALWAYS an obvious choice. This one, Dancing On My Own, Honey and Missing U are my favorites.




This whole album (along with circus) because duh. I like to listen to Blackout after I've had a daquiri on a thursday night or something while taking artsy nudes.


I love Charli's newer stuff so much (as well as her very first album). It's PERFECT when you're in a very specific, discombobulated state of being.









I'm sure I've forgotten better/more important ones but oh well.
__________________
formerly Chiomara
goldendoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 05:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
AllTheWhileYouChargeAFee
 
DriveYourCarDownToTheSea's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 994
Default

Good Morning Starshine - Oliver
I Can See Clearly Now - Johnny Nash
How Do You Feel - Jefferson Airplane
__________________
Stop and find a pretty shell for her
Beach Boys vs Beatles comparisons begin here
DriveYourCarDownToTheSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 07:09 PM   #4 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 34,381
Default

__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2020, 11:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
quarantined
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 7,208
Default

  1. Louie Jordan and His Tympany Five - Saturday Night Fish Fry
  2. Ray Charles - Mess Around
  3. The Cadillacs - Speedo
  4. The Association - Windy
  5. The Tremeloes - Here Comes My Baby
  6. 10cc - The Things We Do for Love
  7. Roxy Music - Love Is The Drug
  8. The Presidents of the United States of America - Peaches
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mord View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 08:37 AM   #6 (permalink)
Aficionado of Fine Filth
 
Psy-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: You don't want to look in there.
Posts: 5,498
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveYourCarDownToTheSea View Post
Good Morning Starshine - Oliver
I Can See Clearly Now - Johnny Nash

How Do You Feel - Jefferson Airplane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
  1. Louie Jordan and His Tympany Five - Saturday Night Fish Fry
  2. Ray Charles - Mess Around
  3. The Cadillacs - Speedo
  4. The Association - Windy
  5. The Tremeloes - Here Comes My Baby
  6. 10cc - The Things We Do for Love
  7. Roxy Music - Love Is The Drug
  8. The Presidents of the United States of America - Peaches
^ The bolded ones are three of my top picks for "feel good" songs as far as classic pop goes.

Here are ten more...

Spoiler for YouTube Videos:




















__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
yeah at the end of the day we are just a speck smaller then a grain of beach sand floating in a giant universe soup bowl and hell there might even be billions of bowls floating in a even bigger bowl ..???? :P

i wish the Human species can stop wasting time and see the bigger picture here




She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2020, 11:09 AM   #8 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 771
Default

John Connor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 12:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
quarantined
 
Neapolitan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Les Barricades Mystérieuses
Posts: 7,208
Default

^that reminds me:
Electric Light Orchestra - Mr. Blue Sky


Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland, moderator of Music Banter View Post
Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Abba Zabba
Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention - Plastic People
Fleetwood Mac - Somebody's Gonna Get Their Head Kicked in Tonite
Jandek - Down In A Mirror
Spy Vs Spy - Combustible Edison
Jesus the Carpenter - Mr. Hinkle's Medical History
^ftfy
I had this sneaking suspicion you were holding back on your "feel good" songs so I had to "ftfy" for you. I'm sure these songs definitely turn that "Frown" upside-down.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mord View Post
Actually, I like you a lot, Nea. That's why I treat you like ****. It's the MB way.

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2020, 06:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Aficionado of Fine Filth
 
Psy-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: You don't want to look in there.
Posts: 5,498
Default

Here are a few more I thought of...

Spoiler for More YouTube videos:




















__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
yeah at the end of the day we are just a speck smaller then a grain of beach sand floating in a giant universe soup bowl and hell there might even be billions of bowls floating in a even bigger bowl ..???? :P

i wish the Human species can stop wasting time and see the bigger picture here




She's a Brick House
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2021 Advameg, Inc.