Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Punk (https://www.musicbanter.com/punk/)
-   -   The Fall (https://www.musicbanter.com/punk/13198-fall.html)

loveissucide 02-04-2010 08:18 PM

As it stands, Top 3 would be
Hex Enduction Hour
The Real New Fall LP
This Nation's Saving Grace

Although that said I've only been seriously listening for a month or so.

DeadShotKeen 02-05-2010 05:35 PM

Just picked up 'Dragnet'. The poor production takes some getting used to after hearing the later stuff, it sounds OK on first play but not threatening the higher placings I don't think. The promise is there, for sure.

The Fascinating Turnip 02-05-2010 05:43 PM

I've been listening to Live At The Witch Trials and I find it pretty good.

"We are the Fall
Northern white crap that talks back
We are not black. Tall.
No boxes for us.
Do not **** us."

Should i go through them chronologically? (it'll take me a while, but hey...)

loveissucide 02-05-2010 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unchained Ballad (Post 822214)
I've been listening to Live At The Witch Trials and I find it pretty good.

"We are the Fall
Northern white crap that talks back
We are not black. Tall.
No boxes for us.
Do not **** us."

Should i go through them chronologically? (it'll take me a while, but hey...)

Get This Nation's Saving Grace next, then Hex Enduction Hour.

The Fascinating Turnip 02-05-2010 07:45 PM

Are the other ones not worth it...?

zeppy111 02-05-2010 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unchained Ballad (Post 822277)
Are the other ones not worth it...?

Most of their stuff is worth it especially 70's/80's. Personally, I could skip on a couple albums from the 90's.

The Fascinating Turnip 02-06-2010 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zeppy111 (Post 822394)
Most of their stuff is worth it especially 70's/80's. Personally, I could skip on a couple albums from the 90's.

I see. I just don't think i should get the albums that are considered their best right away, because it might cause me to stop looking for more of their albums.

Urban Hat€monger ? 02-06-2010 01:18 PM

I don't know why everybody is so against their newer stuff.

They've only made one really bad album and that was Cerebral Caustic.
Personally I think the stuff they've done from 2002 onwards is better than the stuff they were doing in the mid 80s.

Bulldog 02-06-2010 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger (Post 822553)
I don't know why everybody is so against their newer stuff.

They've only made one really bad album and that was Cerebral Caustic.
Personally I think the stuff they've done from 2002 onwards is better than the stuff they were doing in the mid 80s.

And even that has Rainmaster on it.

Other than Cerebral Caustic though there aren't any albums I'd call bad, just a bunch of ones which didn't really impress me. I'd say they've all got their moments though.

The Fascinating Turnip 02-07-2010 08:31 AM

Right, I'll just take this chronologically, Dragnet it is.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:32 AM.


© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.