Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2012, 11:20 PM   #91 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
Wow, what station were you listening to? I don't think I've ever heard DOOm on the radio, let alone an obscure remix.
It was one of my local college stations, most likely Temple.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:37 PM   #92 (permalink)
air quote
 
Engine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: pollen & mold
Posts: 3,050
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
Wow, what station were you listening to? I don't think I've ever heard DOOm on the radio, let alone an obscure remix.
You guys don't have independent radio stations up there?

edit: Four Tet is obscure up there?
__________________
Like an arrow,
I was only passing through.

Last edited by Engine; 03-06-2012 at 11:44 PM.
Engine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:02 AM   #93 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,427
Default

Who knew the awesomeness of this thread could reach new levels?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:08 AM   #94 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
Who knew the awesomeness of this thread could reach new levels?
Are you referring to the remix I posted? If so, yeah, I think I actually like it even more than the original. Four Tet has apparently remixed several Madvillain songs, I'm kind of curious to hear them.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:16 AM   #95 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,427
Default

All of the songs posted. But that one was especially awesome.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 02:51 PM   #96 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,532
Default



I miss this. Doom's falling off...

THAT'S RIGHT I SAID IT.
anticipation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 08:28 PM   #97 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

i don't think he's been productive enough as of late to be falling off. I'd be more willing to call it stagnant.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 12:09 AM   #98 (permalink)
Chocolate Homunculus
 
Phantom Limb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 1,289
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Are you referring to the remix I posted? If so, yeah, I think I actually like it even more than the original. Four Tet has apparently remixed several Madvillain songs, I'm kind of curious to hear them.
Actually he did a full album of Madvillain remixes. It's good stuff.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
Hip Hop generally bores me now I just listen to stuff I know will be slightly interesting.

Last.Fm

My Bomb Music Shit
Phantom Limb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 08:43 AM   #99 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Thom Yorke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,839
Default

@Janszoon and Engine, we do but I still haven't heard DOOM. The ones I've listened to (although I don't listen much) are pretty heavy on Indie/alt stuff.

And while DOOM hasn't put much out lately, it looks like we'll be getting a heavy dose this year.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 09:26 AM   #100 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 3,532
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
i don't think he's been productive enough as of late to be falling off. I'd be more willing to call it stagnant.
I don't know, most if not all of his latest releases have been subpar in my opinion. He seems to be going for a new audience, and while I know I can't fault the guy for the natural evolution that popularity brings in most rapper's rhyme styles I'm not really digging it. His raps are more forced, seemingly rushed whereas the Doom of my youth penned some of the best lines ever spit. I can't really say he's had a single song that'd be a classic aside from his joint off the new Madvillain album (Victory Laps). Hopefully Madlib can help him regain his form.
anticipation is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.