Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Is Lil Wayne overrated?
Yes 19 86.36%
No 3 13.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 06:08 PM   #481 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Darkest Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 763
Default

lil wayne is a *** because he thinks he is the best rapper. And he sucks
__________________
<a href=http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2131/bulletformyvale1.jpg target=_blank>http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/213...formyvale1.jpg</a>
Darkest Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 06:42 AM   #482 (permalink)
____
 
FaSho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 5,276
Default

^Yeah, all thehomosexual people I know do that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
What? No. No. No. No no no.
FaSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:05 AM   #483 (permalink)
Muck Fusic
 
IamAlejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireInCairo View Post
Proclaimed by himself and rollingstone as the greatest rapper alive...despite his terrible writing and poor flow, and the fact that there are many many better mcs out there (i.e. Doom, aesop rock etc)
Wait hold up. I agree with the main topic of this thread that Wayne is vastly overrated....but he has terrible flow? That's the main thing he has going for him.
__________________
a man, a plan, a canal, panama
IamAlejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:13 PM   #484 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaSho View Post
With 1 Arm, is probably my current favorite Wayne song. Definatley the best off of MY Face Cant Be Felt.
I like I'm Not Human better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coryallen2 View Post
I don't really like Lil Wayne. I don't think he can rap...at all.
Well uh... I disagree, simply put.

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtalk92 View Post
Lil Wayne= bubble gum commercial rap

nuff said
Not really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireInCairo View Post
Proclaimed by himself and rollingstone as the greatest rapper alive...despite his terrible writing and poor flow, and the fact that there are many many better mcs out there (i.e. Doom, aesop rock etc)
Pssssh. Let the Beat Build and Tha Mobb would beg to differ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkest Hour View Post
lil wayne is a *** because he thinks he is the best rapper. And he sucks
You hardly listen to rap, bye.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:17 AM   #485 (permalink)
Muck Fusic
 
IamAlejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,575
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
Pssssh. Let the Beat Build and Tha Mobb would beg to differ.
"I wear bright red, like a girl toe. No homo." That's good flow and good writing?

And I'm not bashing Wayne, I would say he's overrated as he's not the best at all, but he's not as bad as most are trying to put him out there to be on this thread either. But of all the choices you choose Let the Beat Build? That song is nothing more than good production on the beat.
__________________
a man, a plan, a canal, panama
IamAlejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:35 AM   #486 (permalink)
Later on...
 
FireInCairo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 1,236
Default

I was just saying, in my personal opinion I think his flow is poor and his lyrics even more so.
__________________
O G MUDBONE: Only You can prevent forest fires.
FireInCairo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 12:38 AM   #487 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Darkest Hour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 763
Default

he isn't good.
__________________
<a href=http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/2131/bulletformyvale1.jpg target=_blank>http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/213...formyvale1.jpg</a>
Darkest Hour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:00 AM   #488 (permalink)
____
 
FaSho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: NC
Posts: 5,276
Default

People who like the bands listed in your sig really don't have the right to say that and give no explanation.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
What? No. No. No. No no no.
FaSho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 09:34 AM   #489 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

it took me awhile to come over to the dark side of actually liking lil wayne. I had to really pay attention to what he was saying. I understand now why people like him. When I listen to rap majority of the time I'm focused only on the production/beats. He is a really good lyricist though.

Sometimes people think he's just saying nonsensical things but if you were paying attention he said them for a reason. He focuses alot on punchlines but not in the same way ludacris does. His punchlines are different, it's hard to explain really. You just get them or you don't. the people that don't , doesn't like lil wayne and that's fine. He's not hurting for fans.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 04:59 PM   #490 (permalink)
Muck Fusic
 
IamAlejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 1,575
Default

http://www.google.com/search?q=lil+w...ient=firefox-a

use that first choice...not the youtubes but the imeem one..if i give a direct link it tries to have you sign up

YouTube - Lil Wayne "Hustler Music & Money On My Mind"

I can't find a youtube of the first. But so many people only hear his mainstream stuff that doesn't really give you a few of him. A lot of time he gets too caught up in trying to come up with his similes and metaphors, but when he sits down and puts time into his stuff it normally comes out pretty well. He does victimize himself by trying to put out too much material instead of a few great songs. Basically the opposite of Andre 3000 who puts out maybe one verse a year and it's phenomenal.
__________________
a man, a plan, a canal, panama

Last edited by IamAlejo; 05-10-2009 at 05:49 PM.
IamAlejo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.