Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2009, 06:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnaught View Post
Hey now, Canada has some cool guys like Buck 65 and Kid Koala.
Kid Koala is great but he doesn't really have much to do with hip-hop.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 06:43 PM   #22 (permalink)
you know what it is
 
simplephysics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,888
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Kid Koala is great but he doesn't really have much to do with hip-hop.
Well, he is a turntablist, which is like the fourth pillar of hip hop, plus there's the whole Deltron 3030 collaboration, so I think it's safe to say he's got some experience in the field. I'll agree that some of his work really teeters on the edge of not being hip hop though.
__________________
one font under god
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
I could be cute if I wanted to be, I just choose not to because you wouldn't be able to handle yourself.
simplephysics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 08:18 PM   #23 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnaught View Post
Hey now, Canada has some cool guys like Buck 65 and Kid Koala.
Canada has white people.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:45 AM   #24 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnaught View Post
Well, he is a turntablist, which is like the fourth pillar of hip hop, plus there's the whole Deltron 3030 collaboration, so I think it's safe to say he's got some experience in the field. I'll agree that some of his work really teeters on the edge of not being hip hop though.
Guitar may be one of the pillars of rock music but that doesn't mean all guitarists play rock.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 02:45 AM   #25 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,041
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
Canada has white people.
Kid Koala isn't white.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 04:01 PM   #26 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Kid Koala isn't white.
I call bleach.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:02 PM   #27 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,507
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
^ Hell naw.
Canada has a dope scene, dude! I never shut up about him but Gruf is awesome. As is a guy on the same label, goes by Pip Skid.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:34 PM   #28 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2
Default East Coast vs. West Coast

I'd have to say it depends...I'm a huge fan of Biggie, Nas, Mos Def, ATCQ, De La Soul...who all rep the east, but I think 50 Cent sucks.
Shinobi Ninja Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:13 PM   #29 (permalink)
.
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 4,507
Default

As I am living in the South right now i'd like to say I support my scene. But there's just too much crap coming out of my area. I think I might like the Midwest much more now.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:17 PM   #30 (permalink)
Himself
 
loveissucide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Leuven ,Belgium, via Ireland
Posts: 1,325
Default

I think this is a fairly out-of-date discussion to have, considering the two scenes have simply become another two in a wider community following the rise of the South,Midwest and British scenes. The stylistic variations which defined the 90's generation of rappers are pretty much gone, and surely people have grown up a bit as regards the feud aspect.

Although to answer the question, East Coast purely on personal taste.
loveissucide is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.