Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2011, 03:19 PM   #251 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Romania
Posts: 3
Default

I think all stars have there moments nobody stands up in top 1 all the time with there songs,every artist makes good and bad songs. Let's hope Eminem will make more songs like in the old days ...
rapper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 09:35 PM   #252 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: USA
Posts: 973
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapper88 View Post
I think all stars have there moments nobody stands up in top 1 all the time with there songs,every artist makes good and bad songs. Let's hope Eminem will make more songs like in the old days ...
I don't really even understand the crowd that wants him to "make songs like he used to." If he did you'd be complaining how old his routine is getting. I don't think he has declined in skill as a rhymer. Even in Not Afraid, if you try to forget how much it's been played, just look at the verses from a skill standpoint. He just kills it. I don't even like No Love really as an entire song, mainly cause Weezy has to jump in like he does on everything and starts it off with a garbage verse. But Em straight bodies his verse. I think he's just as good if not better of a rapper now than he ever was. Those older songs have a special place for me, my favorite Em song is probably Stan. But I still think he just kills everytime and stays creative with his metaphors and wordplay. I can't hate on Enimem, I can't even see how people like James can actually truly believe there's a ton of guys out there more talented than him.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 06:30 AM   #253 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

My favorite songs from Em is when he is in slim shady mode and saying some of the wildest craziest crap you have ever heard. I think my all time favorite song from him is "Kim".
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:00 PM   #254 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 255
Default

I can't handle 'Kim' haha, got halfway through and had to turn it off, really intense.
supermarlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 11:03 AM   #255 (permalink)
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria
 
Thrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida/Buffalo/CT
Posts: 2,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
I don't really even understand the crowd that wants him to "make songs like he used to." If he did you'd be complaining how old his routine is getting. I don't think he has declined in skill as a rhymer. Even in Not Afraid, if you try to forget how much it's been played, just look at the verses from a skill standpoint. He just kills it. I don't even like No Love really as an entire song, mainly cause Weezy has to jump in like he does on everything and starts it off with a garbage verse. But Em straight bodies his verse. I think he's just as good if not better of a rapper now than he ever was. Those older songs have a special place for me, my favorite Em song is probably Stan. But I still think he just kills everytime and stays creative with his metaphors and wordplay. I can't hate on Enimem, I can't even see how people like James can actually truly believe there's a ton of guys out there more talented than him.
Well, you are talking about his rhyming as opposed to 'making songs' His rhyming is still on spot, but the music has varied. The beats and melody have differed, the people he works with have changed drastically. I would take Dre and Dido over Lil Wayne and Rihanna anyday. I would take him crushing Benzino over singing songs that say 'everybody come take my hand and we'll walk this road together...' IMO, he was living the hard life, and felt the pain and emotion and released it through his pen. That has changed and the music has along with it. Just trying to give you a point of view from someone in the crowd that wants him to "make songs like he used to." I can relate to having a whore ass baby mom and an opiate addicted mother alot more than I can Love the way you lie.
__________________


Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's good—happiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 01:00 PM   #256 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

Eminem never made good songs. He could slay on verses, battle raps, freestyles. As a straight up rapper he was pretty much as good as it gets. But i can't listen to his whiny ass choruses or his premature angst. It never mattered who he was with, dre, d12, wayne. I like watching his youtube videos of him freestyling, because he's arguably the best ever, but i don't enjoy his music at all.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:17 PM   #257 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 15
Default

Eminem is my favorite rapper.. Anyway I like his new stuff even tho I have read some comments about people saying otherwise... I have to say Recovery is an awesome album overall!
Simmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:37 PM   #258 (permalink)
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria
 
Thrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida/Buffalo/CT
Posts: 2,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
Eminem never made good songs. He could slay on verses, battle raps, freestyles. As a straight up rapper he was pretty much as good as it gets. But i can't listen to his whiny ass choruses or his premature angst. It never mattered who he was with, dre, d12, wayne. I like watching his youtube videos of him freestyling, because he's arguably the best ever, but i don't enjoy his music at all.
What is an example of a good song then, please?
__________________


Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's good—happiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:48 PM   #259 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,218
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrice View Post
What is an example of a good song then, please?


I sounded more critical of em then i intended, i wasn't trying to give the impression that his songs are bad as much as they're just not that good.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 10:53 PM   #260 (permalink)
أمهاتك[وهور]Aura Euphoria
 
Thrice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Florida/Buffalo/CT
Posts: 2,077
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post


I sounded more critical of em then i intended, i wasn't trying to give the impression that his songs are bad as much as they're just not that good.
I meant a good hip hop/ rap song. I don't listen to much of it, but what I do, I consider good. I was hoping maybe you would absolutely blow my mind with some crazy ****. You were pretty close with styx though.
__________________


Lew Harrison, who looked like an anarchist with his red eyes and fierce black beard, had been writing furiously in one corner of the room. "That's good—happiness by the kilowatt," he said. "Buy your happiness the way you buy light."
Thrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.