Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 08:03 PM   #361 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 752
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
1. Devin the Dude
2. UGK
3. Chamillionaire
4. Outkast
5. Lupe Fiasco
6. Kanye West
7. Gorilla Zoe
8. Tupac
9. Snoop Dogg
10. Deltron

obviously a fan for texas rappers but im pretty sure Houston has been the no.1 rap city in the nation consistently. the dude has been in the rap game a long time without falling into that "pop rap" category.
New York and Los Angeles say hello.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 09:29 PM   #362 (permalink)
Groupie
 
~LK~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 32
Default

This is my list of my top ten (not really in any particular order):

1) Tupac (I know some people just put him there because he's so popular, but I put him there based on his music)
2) DMX (Alot of people will disagree, but I enjoy his music more than just about any other rapper's music. He comes with so much energy in each and every one of his songs).
3) Three 6 Mafia (Earlier Three 6. Not this "Stay Fly" crap. Their older stuff).
4) Nas (One of the few rappers who has kept it real since day one and didn't fall off (*cough* Snoop *cough*). One of my most respected rappers).
5) Tech N9ne (Sick flow. The dude always has some tight beats and his lyrics can be funny or serious).
6) Jay-Z (He's not now what he use to be, but even then, I'd much rather listen to him than any of today's newer rappers that have come out in the last few years).
7) Method Man (My favorite member of Wu-Tang. Tical 2000 is probably one of the most underrated good albums of hip hop).
8) Bone Thugs-N-Harmony (See Jay-Z)
9) Eminem (All his albums were great and you could listen to every track on each of them without skipping. With the exception of Encore, which was a disaster, and partially Relapse, which was alot better than Encore, but not quite the level of his first three albums).
10) Brotha Lynch Hung (Listen to "Rest in Piss" He's definitely a great rapper who is really underrated).
__________________
[IMG][/IMG]
~LK~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:06 AM   #363 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Jester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 752
Default

Quote:
1) Tupac (I know some people just put him there because he's so popular, but I put him there based on his music)
I disagree because Tupac was not an original or creative rapper at all, who recycled his rhyming too often, had no exceptional traits, and sold out.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 12:59 AM   #364 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Forest Park, GA
Posts: 1,634
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LK~ View Post
This is my list of my top ten (not really in any particular order):

1) Tupac (I know some people just put him there because he's so popular, but I put him there based on his music)
2) DMX (Alot of people will disagree, but I enjoy his music more than just about any other rapper's music. He comes with so much energy in each and every one of his songs).
3) Three 6 Mafia (Earlier Three 6. Not this "Stay Fly" crap. Their older stuff).
4) Nas (One of the few rappers who has kept it real since day one and didn't fall off (*cough* Snoop *cough*). One of my most respected rappers).
5) Tech N9ne (Sick flow. The dude always has some tight beats and his lyrics can be funny or serious).
6) Jay-Z (He's not now what he use to be, but even then, I'd much rather listen to him than any of today's newer rappers that have come out in the last few years).
7) Method Man (My favorite member of Wu-Tang. Tical 2000 is probably one of the most underrated good albums of hip hop).
8) Bone Thugs-N-Harmony (See Jay-Z)
9) Eminem (All his albums were great and you could listen to every track on each of them without skipping. With the exception of Encore, which was a disaster, and partially Relapse, which was alot better than Encore, but not quite the level of his first three albums).
10) Brotha Lynch Hung (Listen to "Rest in Piss" He's definitely a great rapper who is really underrated).

Good to see another Tech N9ne fan.

And what do you think of Brotha Lynch being signed to Tech's label, now?
__________________
Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 06:39 AM   #365 (permalink)
Groupie
 
~LK~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Good to see another Tech N9ne fan.

And what do you think of Brotha Lynch being signed to Tech's label, now?
I actually didn't know that, but I did know Lynch is going to be on Tech's next album, so I'm defintely gonna be getting that. Tech's albums are always good.
__________________
[IMG][/IMG]
~LK~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:11 AM   #366 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Forest Park, GA
Posts: 1,634
Default

I have mine pre-ordered.

Brotha Lynch Hung's album is supposed to come out early next year. "Dinner and a Movie"
__________________
Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 11:42 AM   #367 (permalink)
Such That
 
Bane of your existence's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 1,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~LK~ View Post
6) Jay-Z (He's not now what he use to be, but even then, I'd much rather listen to him than any of today's newer rappers that have come out in the last few years).
Did you not hear Blueprint 3???
Bane of your existence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 01:21 PM   #368 (permalink)
God Of Thunder
 
overdoser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 102
Default Dinner and a Movie???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
I have mine pre-ordered.

Brotha Lynch Hung's album is supposed to come out early next year. "Dinner and a Movie"
are you sure thats what its called??? Cause I have a mixtape called "The Gas Station" of his that was leaked... unless those are completely seperate. cause there's songs on it called "Popcorn Ready" and **** :P
__________________
3XL ent. for life
overdoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 05:03 PM   #369 (permalink)
Groupie
 
~LK~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 32
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane of your existence View Post
Did you not hear Blueprint 3???
No, not yet. I hear good things though, so I may check it out.
__________________
[IMG][/IMG]
~LK~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 07:42 PM   #370 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 16
Default Top 10 Rappers Based off of the first rappers to pop in my mind.

1. Jay-Z
2. Kanye West
3. Lil Wayne
3. Rakwon
4. Fabolous
5. 50 Cent
6. Andre 3000
7. Rick Ross
8. LL Cool J
9. Rakim
10. Drake

this is a rough list - it might need to be tweeked a little. I didn't wanna include any dead dudes either. It's hard to do these Top lists because there is so many factors associated with being the best.
Thewebsetter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.