Lil Wayne vs Big L - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: who is better?
Lil Wayne 6 21.43%
Big L 22 78.57%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #31 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
His verse on Look At Me Now was niiiice.

Also, @ matious, Tech N9ne will be on Carter 4.
Oh yeah, i forgot about that. But still, he hasn't put much out since. I guess he had that one song about writing a letter, it wasn't that great, but i personally haven't heard much Carter IV material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
Yeah, personally I feel like he's lost a little in his step since giving up the lean.

You can't really compare and contrast his lyrics too much, because it's all under an umbrella of "bull shit" but I feel like his lines were wittier and funnier during no ceilings, carter 3 time period.

So far the carter 4 sounds way too rick-ross-ish, but i hope there will be some gems on that bitch
Bull**** in what sense? As in wiseguy gangster rap stuff?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 11:51 PM   #32 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
Yeah, personally I feel like he's lost a little in his step since giving up the lean.

You can't really compare and contrast his lyrics too much, because it's all under an umbrella of "bull shit" but I feel like his lines were wittier and funnier during no ceilings, carter 3 time period.

So far the carter 4 sounds way too rick-ross-ish, but i hope there will be some gems on that bitch
Just face facts. Ricky is da future along with his MMG line up
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 01:30 AM   #33 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Just face facts. Ricky is da future along with his MMG line up
I'm gonna assume thats sarcasm bruh or else your making me nervous
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 09:02 PM   #34 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
I'm gonna assume thats sarcasm bruh or else your making me nervous
Yep sarcasm and a play on words. DjKhaled has a song called the future that features them
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 07:31 AM   #35 (permalink)
Groupie
 
highoctane93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: sumtimes in a god awful world ;)
Posts: 44
Default

wayne
__________________
*Remember, 50% of people are of below average intelligence*
highoctane93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 10:13 AM   #36 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,710
Default

Ludacris is at least a good rapper. Not all of his stuff is on point but his skill is still up there.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:19 PM   #37 (permalink)
not really
 
Sparky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 5,223
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoteNoted.com View Post

Can you even compare Lil Wayne to Big L???? I think Nas was right about Hip-Hop is dead. It died when rappers like Lil Wayne, Ludacris, Waka Flaka became popular.
As oppose to vanilla ice, juvenile, coolio, or master p?


"make em say uuugh, nananana!"
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 02:49 PM   #38 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoteNoted.com View Post
Wow!! I'm feeling old. When someone says whos Big L......what? He's only the best underground rapper that ever was! I remember watching him blow up. The hype around him reminded me of when Biggie starting blow up. Big L had so much potential. His album rocked, so did his appearances on D.I.T.C

Can you even compare Lil Wayne to Big L???? I think Nas was right about Hip-Hop is dead. It died when rappers like Lil Wayne, Ludacris, Waka Flaka became popular.

RIP Hip-Hop! May you live on in the 90's

Peace,
J Note
Chief Edittor
NoteNoted.com
If you think hip hop is dead then all you listen to is the radio. Turn off Hot 97.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #39 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Kirby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Forest Park, GA
Posts: 1,637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by matious View Post
As oppose to vanilla ice, juvenile, coolio, or master p?


"make em say uuugh, nananana!"
Make fun of him all you want, Master P had a gigantic impact on Hip-Hop.
__________________
Kirby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 10:29 AM   #40 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,455
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Make fun of him all you want, Master P had a gigantic impact on Hip-Hop.
Wasn't he honored at the Hip Hop Hall of Fame thing that VH1 does?
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.