Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2012, 09:16 AM   #71 (permalink)
Do good.
 
Blarobbarg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Posts: 2,035
Default

Out of curiosity, I now want to listen to both artists.

That Ill Bill track with Mike Cavalera was awesome, and that Belligerent Gangsters song from Necro was cool. So which album should I listen to from both, you rap aficionados?
__________________
https://rateyourmusic.com/~Blarobbarg

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆ ^my RYM^  。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆

(◠‿◠✿)
Blarobbarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:11 AM   #72 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blarobbarg View Post
Out of curiosity, I now want to listen to both artists.

That Ill Bill track with Mike Cavalera was awesome, and that Belligerent Gangsters song from Necro was cool. So which album should I listen to from both, you rap aficionados?
For Necro, I'd say Death Rap, the album that the song I posted is from, is a good place to start.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 08:33 PM   #73 (permalink)
The Big Dog
 
14232949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,948
Default

Damn, that new track was real good.
Have this forum now done a U-turn, is it now cool to like Ill Bill, I remember him doing a song about his uncle doing heroin or touching him or something.
He does a lot of stuff with Immortal Technique so I guess that's cool.
I'm impartial on the guy myself.
It seems El-P's MCing is gradually catching up with his production skill, he sounded real good on this one.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:29 AM   #74 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,424
Default

Eh? Are you saying EL-P isn't as good a lyricist as he is a producer?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 10:58 AM   #75 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Thom Yorke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,839
Default

He's a great lyricist but his main appeal for me has always been his production. His name isn't El Producto for no reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
I know half of the hip hop artists
lmao
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #76 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,424
Default

I think they are on par with each other.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:33 PM   #77 (permalink)
The Big Dog
 
14232949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,948
Default

that's what I'm saying Goofle. His production is better than his rapping in my opinion.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:38 PM   #78 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mankycaaant View Post
that's what I'm saying Goofle. His production is better than his rapping in my opinion.
I totally agree. Not that his rapping is bad, but it's not the primary thing that attracts me to his music.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:14 PM   #79 (permalink)
satan in the fire
 
Goofle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Miami is the place
Posts: 11,424
Default

Nope nope nope. Not for me. His production skill is immense, but I would prefer his lyrics.

As for the Ill Bill debate...



Everyone would agree this is better than the original.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]NUmCWGPgU7g[/url]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
[youtube]=LtYg1xz1A00[/youbube]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindfulness View Post
2. What was the strangest/best/worst party you ever went to?
Prolly a party I had with some people I know
Goofle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #80 (permalink)
Stoned and Jammin' Out
 
Mrd00d's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Northern California; Eugene, OR; mobile
Posts: 1,597
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofle11 View Post
Nope nope nope. Not for me. His production skill is immense, but I would prefer his lyrics.

As for the Ill Bill debate...



Everyone would agree this is better than the original.
Oh man I'm so happy that exists. Ill Bill ruined that track, leading FanDam to be a 9.8 instead of a 10 album for me...
__________________
Mrd00d's Last.fm

Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.