Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rap & Hip-Hop
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-26-2013, 08:19 PM   #51 (permalink)
The Big Dog
 
14232949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,948
Default

And yet no evidence has been presented on the contrary to what I have posted. For all your wit Big3, you have failed to make a compelling argument.
If I like other rappers, so what of it, that adds nothing to this particular discussion. I have disregarded your two previous comments as utterly irrelevant.
My problem with Notorious BIG is that he's not as skilled, not as lyrically gifted as the majority of you would believe. Quote me his lyrics all you want, you're only furthering my stance in this conversation.

Big3, I know you were either drunk or reminiscing on when you're uncle touched you when you posted your reply, but if there's someone who doesn't know what they're talking about here; it's you.

If Notorious BIG is the be all and end all of your hip-hop spectrum, I pity you, you're missing out on a lot of good stuff.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:22 PM   #52 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankycaaant View Post
Big3, I know you were either drunk or reminiscing on when you're uncle touched you when you posted your reply, but if there's someone who doesn't know what they're talking about here; it's you.
Somewhere out there an English teacher is crying.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:25 PM   #53 (permalink)
The Big Dog
 
14232949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,948
Default

right, shoulda been a 'your' there, I get that on closer reflection. I have just pulled off a comedy gig in front of a hostile crowd and come away with plaudits so I'm allowed a grammar mistake here and there.
Also, to be relevant to the subject at hand; Notorious BIG: Good, not great.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:28 PM   #54 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankycaaant View Post
right, shoulda been a 'your' there, I get that on closer reflection.
That was really just the tip of the iceberg.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:39 PM   #55 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankycaaant View Post
And yet no evidence has been presented on the contrary to what I have posted. For all your wit Big3, you have failed to make a compelling argument.
If I like other rappers, so what of it, that adds nothing to this particular discussion. I have disregarded your two previous comments as utterly irrelevant.
My problem with Notorious BIG is that he's not as skilled, not as lyrically gifted as the majority of you would believe. Quote me his lyrics all you want, you're only furthering my stance in this conversation.

Big3, I know you were either drunk or reminiscing on when you're uncle touched you when you posted your reply, but if there's someone who doesn't know what they're talking about here; it's you.

If Notorious BIG is the be all and end all of your hip-hop spectrum, I pity you, you're missing out on a lot of good stuff.
Put them claws away, gurl. I'm sure your fantastic at comedy, but you're no scientist. You can't present evidence against an opinion assuming its dealing with facts. You don't like biggie. You've been telling us for 7 pages. There isn't evidence against that.

And since you're in the Biggie thread, trying to tell us he's a big, fat pile of horse****, maybe you should refute my point. Biggie is raps Bruce Springsteen. Show me I'm wrong.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:45 PM   #56 (permalink)
The Big Dog
 
14232949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,948
Default

I do like Biggie. I'm just not washed up in the notion that he's one of the greatest of all time because in each area of hip-hop that one could possibly come up with, there are far superior artists.
Raps Bruce Springsteen, what exactly do you mean by that? Releases one good record for every fifth album? I really don't see your basis for comparison.

Name one area of rap in which Notorious BIG is the best in your mind and I'll present at least 3 artists superior to him.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:50 PM   #57 (permalink)
killedmyraindog
 
TheBig3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 9,252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankycaaant View Post
I do like Biggie. I'm just not washed up in the notion that he's one of the greatest of all time because in each area of hip-hop that one could possibly come up with, there are far superior artists.
Raps Bruce Springsteen, what exactly do you mean by that? Releases one good record for every fifth album? I really don't see your basis for comparison.

Name one area of rap in which Notorious BIG is the best in your mind and I'll present at least 3 artists superior to him.
I think its a cheap argument to attempt to define someone as "not the best." There's always someone better at something to begin with - not to mention in the opinionated world of music. I never said he was perfect at anything, I said he should be spared from your onslaught which seemed to be born from fanbois.

If we went on epic rants in every thread where someone said the artist was the best, it would be spam left and right.
TheBig3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:56 PM   #58 (permalink)
The Big Dog
 
14232949's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,948
Default

I wasn't aware I was 'hating' on Notorious BIG. I had simply stated against what was the norm earlier in the thread, that he was one of the best, in my mind he's not.

I respect that when someone is first getting into hip-hop, the name's they are drawn to, the Pac's and Biggie's will stick out to them as the greatest as that's all they know, but I implore those people search deeper and there are so many better artists.

Biggie's two albums are completely over-hyped in my eyes and can anyone hand on heart say they are they 5* classics they're made out to be? I honestly think not.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 09:38 PM   #59 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Israel
Posts: 180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mankycaaant View Post
I wasn't aware I was 'hating' on Notorious BIG. I had simply stated against what was the norm earlier in the thread, that he was one of the best, in my mind he's not.

I respect that when someone is first getting into hip-hop, the name's they are drawn to, the Pac's and Biggie's will stick out to them as the greatest as that's all they know, but I implore those people search deeper and there are so many better artists.

Biggie's two albums are completely over-hyped in my eyes and can anyone hand on heart say they are they 5* classics they're made out to be? I honestly think not.
Im very sure people who are first getting into hip-hop do actually search deeper and not just get to know Pac and Biggie. I dont know where you heard that or what makes you think that way but its just wrong.

I sense what kind of point you've been trying to make with your posts in this thread, which by the way I created. That doesnt make me special or anything but people should know I didnt make it so arguments like this can unfold in it. You need to listen to the other sides as well and not just yourself, because the people you've been arguing with in this thread have made statements which seem to have more truth than yours actually. I say this based on the posts Ive read that were involved in the debate/argument, whatever you may call it.
Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:06 PM   #60 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 9
Default

BIG was a King !
santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.