Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Reggae & Ska
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2010, 04:04 PM   #81 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
trouserjazz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: England
Posts: 90
Default

Still cant belive I didnt motivate myself to get tickets for these.

Im sure ill catch them at some point in time. I just hope they aint to old by the time I do.
trouserjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:00 PM   #82 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by trouserjazz View Post
Still cant belive I didnt motivate myself to get tickets for these.

Im sure ill catch them at some point in time. I just hope they aint to old by the time I do.
No Jerry Dammers which just isn't the same really
__________________

A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 01:46 PM   #83 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
goodfoot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: scotland
Posts: 408
Default

dub pistols, gangster's, featuring terry hall, intresting version, from a band that can go from 2 tone to hip hop, and still remain very good, i'm not big on hip hop, but i like these guys take on it...
goodfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 03:27 PM   #84 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodfoot View Post
dub pistols, gangster's, featuring terry hall, intresting version, from a band that can go from 2 tone to hip hop, and still remain very good, i'm not big on hip hop, but i like these guys take on it...
I have never really liked the Dub Pistols and that doesn't sound a whole lot different to the original apart from replacing some instruments with electronica. Disappointing.
__________________

A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:28 AM   #85 (permalink)
Groupie
 
hoorayforpeepee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The Outside World.
Posts: 47
Default

I love The Specials. Their first two albums are ace
hoorayforpeepee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:21 AM   #86 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,300
Default

The Special AKA In The Studio album had a few really decent songs on but not quite the same without Terry Hall. I never tire of listening to the first album even over 20 years after first hearing it.

Pama International released an album a while back with a couple of members of The Specials which is a great old school Ska/Dub album.
__________________

A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 09:28 PM   #87 (permalink)
What a guy
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brentwood, TN
Posts: 2,124
Default

love these guys now, thanks for namedropping 'em Lee!
__________________
last.fm
khfreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:42 PM   #88 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
SBWNik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
The Special AKA In The Studio album had a few really decent songs on but not quite the same without Terry Hall. I never tire of listening to the first album even over 20 years after first hearing it.

Pama International released an album a while back with a couple of members of The Specials which is a great old school Ska/Dub album.
Hell, missed that one, which is it?

My favourite Specials album remains the first one, but 'Guilty Until Proved Innocent' is a close second, even though it's largely a Rancid album too. If anything it shows the huge influence that they had on Tim Armstrong and co, rather than the other way round.
SBWNik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:51 PM   #89 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
SBWNik's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodfoot View Post
there's another reggae movie on the way, it will be spring/summer, probably have the vibe this is england had, the specials have some kind of input, should have a cracking sound track..
If this is the follow up to 'This Is England' that you refer to, then the filming is almost finished and it will be either a four or six part TV series with the possibility of being extended. I got an invite down to the set to interview some of those involved the other week as they were filming not far from me (in Sheffield to be accurate) but I couldn't make it as my real job got in the way
SBWNik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:25 PM   #90 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Mancini Scratch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBWNik View Post

My favourite Specials album remains the first one, but 'Guilty Until Proved Innocent' is a close second.
To my knowledge The Specials never released an album called 'Guilty until proved innocent'.

You are referring to The Specials, a 2Tone Band Straight outta Coventry?
Mancini Scratch is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.