Slayer - Music Banter Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2015, 08:18 PM   #261 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Thelema ~ 93
Posts: 148
Default

South Of Heaven at work lately.
Neurotripsicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:07 PM   #262 (permalink)
Dragon
 
Wpnfire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kansas, United States
Posts: 2,744
Default

Slayer released the name of their new album a few weeks ago, "Repentless."

I won't buy it, but that is a sick name for a metal album.
Wpnfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:26 PM   #263 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wpnfire View Post
Slayer released the name of their new album a few weeks ago, "Repentless."

I won't buy it, but that is a sick name for a metal album.
Nah. ****ty name. "Hey, it sounds like "relentless" cause we're totally a brutal thrash band, but it's all anti-religious cause it's about not repenting. Nobody remembers that Tom Araya is straight up Catholic, right? Good."

"God Hates Us All" might have been trying too hard to sound confrontational, but it was still such a badass name that it didn't matter how goofy it was. "Repentless" has none of that boneheaded awesomeness. And at least "Christ Illusion" had some small amount of class, and "World Painted Blood" sounded vaguely cool. This is quite possibly Slayer's worst album title ever.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:32 PM   #264 (permalink)
SOPHIE FOREVER
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 35,548
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Nah. ****ty name. "Hey, it sounds like "relentless" cause we're totally a brutal thrash band, but it's all anti-religious cause it's about not repenting. Nobody remembers that Tom Araya is straight up Catholic, right? Good."

"God Hates Us All" might have been trying too hard to sound confrontational, but it was still such a badass name that it didn't matter how goofy it was. "Repentless" has none of that boneheaded awesomeness. And at least "Christ Illusion" had some small amount of class, and "World Painted Blood" sounded vaguely cool. This is quite possibly Slayer's worst album title ever.
**** your new drummer, **** your new track, **** your new guitarist **** your new album title, and **** your shoes.
__________________
Studies show that when a given norm is changed in the face of the unchanging, the remaining contradictions will parallel the truth.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:46 PM   #265 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 48,215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
**** your new drummer, **** your new track, **** your new guitarist **** your new album title, and **** your shoes.
Wait, so Gary Holt is officially their guitar player now, and not just in the band temporarily to help with touring? I don't know how I feel about that. Exodus has been doing far better than Slayer in the past decade and a half, but the dude also likes to write songs that are way too long. Seeing as he's also the undisputed band leader of his own group, I don't know what that'll mean for the inter-group politics/musical direction in Slayer now.

On the other hand, he has written a lot more good songs than Slayer have recently, and with Kerry King there to reign in his long-winded, wannabe-technical tendencies, the songwriting might actually get a well-needed kick in the pants without becoming bloated. It's not like the original lineup didn't make a ****ty album last time around, so I guess they have nothing to lose.

But that new song did suck ass. So, my expectations are low.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 09:54 AM   #266 (permalink)
Surfin Sonic Destruction
 
Hypocrisy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: mother gaia
Posts: 220
Default

I will definitely check out the new Slayer but Im not expecting anything special ... both singles have been more then just a little boring IMO.

The new Exodus on the other hand kicks some major ass.
Hypocrisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 03:05 PM   #267 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Thelema ~ 93
Posts: 148
Default

Necrophobic

Can't control the paranoia

Scared to die!
Neurotripsicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2015, 03:12 AM   #268 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Los Angeles, California
Posts: 206
Default

one of the greatest songs ever composed

E5I5O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2015, 10:09 PM   #269 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
HellCell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 272
Default

Had the opportunity to see them live. Easily the top showmen of the tour. Moreso cause the music was headbanging.
HellCell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2015, 09:14 AM   #270 (permalink)
Groupie
 
John David Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 10
Default

I don't know, maybe I am wrong, but World Painted Blood disappointed me with Tom Araya voice. I am fan of Slayer's earlier work, but for me it was to modified, he sounds quite like Hettfield on Death Magnetic.
__________________
Sig removed by admin (no advertising).
John David Jr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2024 Advameg, Inc.