Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2010, 05:42 PM   #471 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Buttholeville
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by almauro View Post
Van Halen's pop harmonies were influenced by the Beach Boys, not the Beatles. You may remember David Lee Roth's homage to his fellow southern Californian's in his remake of "California Girls".
Because DLR covered a Beach Boys song, Van Halen wasn't inspired by the Beatles?

That's asinine.

Besides, my point was that the Beatles influenced Cream who influenced VH who influenced Pantera.
telepicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 05:57 PM   #472 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Buttholeville
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
This really is quite a grudge you seem to be harboring toward Philly. I'm pretty curious about its origins. I know you mentioned something about people booing Santa or something. Are you Santa? Did those mean people hurt your feelings?
I just have a sever disdain for the North East, it's sports teams, the metropolitan areas...but most of all the rude, ignorant people that reside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post

Ah, so it was a musical maturation process that lead to your aggressive fellating of a band most people discover in pre-school. Intriguing.
aggressive fellating? I think not; I've stated facts. Never once have I stated the "best" anything; I simply said they were better than the hack-ass Beach Boys.

And I meant it.

You are the one that doesn't like them.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Was the fact that you end a lot of your posts with "duh" another part of this maturation process?
I always play down to the level of my competition; it's a character flaw.

Sorry.

Duh.
telepicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:06 PM   #473 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by telepicker View Post
I just have a sever disdain for the North East, it's sports teams, the metropolitan areas...but most of all the rude, ignorant people that reside.
That's pretty ironic coming from you. What land of courtesy and enlightenment do you hail from out of curiosity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by telepicker View Post
aggressive fellating? I think not; I've stated facts. Never once have I stated the "best" anything; I simply said they were better than the hack-ass Beach Boys.

And I meant it.
You've actually said a hell of a lot more than that if you go back and read your posts. You've said there was nothing worthwhile in the early 60s until the Beatles came along. I would definitely describe such a claim as aggressive fellating of John, Paul, George and Ringo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by telepicker View Post
You are the one that doesn't like them.
True, that's why you won't find me fellating them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by telepicker View Post
I always play down to the level of my competition; it's a character flaw.

Sorry.

Duh.
You have competition on a message board? That makes me kind of sad.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:19 PM   #474 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Buttholeville
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
That's pretty ironic coming from you. What land of courtesy and enlightenment do you hail from out of curiosity?
your mom's house.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
You've actually said a hell of a lot more than that if you go back and read your posts. You've said there was nothing worthwhile in the early 60s until the Beatles came along.
Buddy Holley was dead; Elvis was in the Army.

There WAS nothing else at that time.

Of course, you're probably a big Frankie Valli fan or sumpin'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I would definitely describe such a claim as aggressive fellating of John, Paul, George and Ringo.
okay, glad that is your perception and not the reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
True, that's why you won't find me fellating them.
you probably don't get to fellate anyone that isn't at the corner bar at 12:45 at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
You have competition on a message board? That makes me kind of sad.
I never though of it as one, thought we seem to be going back and forth, as if in competition...

C'est la vie
telepicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:21 PM   #475 (permalink)
Way Out There
 
almauro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 850
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by telepicker View Post
Because DLR covered a Beach Boys song, Van Halen wasn't inspired by the Beatles?

That's asinine.

Besides, my point was that the Beatles influenced Cream who influenced VH who influenced Pantera.
Really? You mean the Beatles didn't fricken influence every single band on the planet? Admitting that must be a personal breakthrough for you.
__________________
rock n music blog

Last edited by almauro; 07-21-2010 at 06:27 PM.
almauro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:29 PM   #476 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 2,622
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by telepicker View Post
David Bowie is NOT a "Philadelphia Soul" artist - he may have indeed put out a couple of records that borrowed freely from that subgenre of a regional music scene...but I always referred to TWD and Young Americans as "blue-eyed soul" - a direct precursor to Micheal Bolton.
"David Bowie has always been highly interested & influenced by Soul music".
And he is listed as one of the main artists/album that defines 'Philadelphia Soul' when considering the progression toward the history and musical influence 'Philly Soul' gives in the late 70s and 80s.
David Bowie, Is..of Philadelphia Soul, listed as a musical (artist) and major influence.
The only thing that is 'not originality', is that he is from the UK!
Necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:32 PM   #477 (permalink)
Ba and Be.
 
jackhammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: This Is England
Posts: 17,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by telepicker View Post
your mom's house.



Buddy Holley was dead; Elvis was in the Army.

There WAS nothing else at that time.

Of course, you're probably a big Frankie Valli fan or sumpin'!



okay, glad that is your perception and not the reality.



you probably don't get to fellate anyone that isn't at the corner bar at 12:45 at night.



I never though of it as one, thought we seem to be going back and forth, as if in competition...

C'est la vie
Yawn. Personal insults are easy when you don't have anything worthwhile/witty to say.

It's Holly without the E BTW.
__________________

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:45 PM   #478 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by telepicker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon
That's pretty ironic coming from you. What land of courtesy and enlightenment do you hail from out of curiosity?
your mom's house.
Aw, all that shit-slinging about the northeast and yet you're too scared to risk being on the receiving end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by telepicker View Post
Buddy Holley was dead; Elvis was in the Army.

There WAS nothing else at that time.

Of course, you're probably a big Frankie Valli fan or sumpin'!
Frankie Valli? No. I do like early 60s jazz, lounge and surf rock quite a bit though. And I appreciate the fact that someone like Babatunde Olatunji was able to sell a substantial amount of albums during that time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by telepicker View Post
you probably don't get to fellate anyone that isn't at the corner bar at 12:45 at night.
LOL wut
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:47 PM   #479 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Buttholeville
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by almauro View Post
Really? You mean the Beatles didn't fricken influence every single band on the planet? Admitting that must be a personal breakthrough for you.
yes, and I'm hoping for several more breakthroughs of the sort.
telepicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 06:48 PM   #480 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Buttholeville
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VocalsBass View Post
"David Bowie has always been highly interested & influenced by Soul music".
And he is listed as one of the main artists/album that defines 'Philadelphia Soul' when considering the progression toward the history and musical influence 'Philly Soul' gives in the late 70s and 80s.
David Bowie, Is..of Philadelphia Soul, listed as a musical (artist) and major influence.
The only thing that is 'not originality', is that he is from the UK!
is this board full of people with comprehension problems?

My point was that he is NOT from Philadelphia.

And I was right.
telepicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.