Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Which Band is Your Favorite?
AC/DC 3 2.97%
The Beatles 12 11.88%
Bob Dylan (I know techincally he's not a band, but he deserves to be on here 5 4.95%
Cream 0 0%
Creedence 0 0%
The Doors 2 1.98%
The Eagles 2 1.98%
Grateful Dead 1 0.99%
Jethro Tull 3 2.97%
Jimi Hendrix Experience 4 3.96%
Led Zeppelin 10 9.90%
CSN/Neil Young 0 0%
Nirvana 13 12.87%
Pink Floyd 13 12.87%
The Rolling Stones 3 2.97%
Rush 4 3.96%
Queen 7 6.93%
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers 3 2.97%
Tool 13 12.87%
The Who 3 2.97%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2005, 12:59 AM   #31 (permalink)
Fish in the percolator!
 
Seltzer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Hobbit Land NZ
Posts: 2,867
Default

I went with Queen. They're my favourite classic rock band.

Meanwhile, what's with the bitching about Led Zeppelin? They're a good band whether you like them or not.
__________________
Seltzer is offline  
Old 12-19-2005, 01:04 AM   #32 (permalink)
Traveler Of Time & Space
 
Kashmir86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I'm the bustle in your hedgegrow
Posts: 628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seltzer
Meanwhile, what's with the bitching about Led Zeppelin? They're a good band whether you like them or not.
Your talking to a brick wall basically. I was just watching the song remains the same today thinking, damn I love zeppelin, especially live...
__________________
"Into this house we’re born
Into this world we’re thrown
Like a dog without a bone
An actor out on loan
Riders on the storm"

"How many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry?
How many deaths will it take till he knows
That too many people have died?"

"Diamond rope silver chain
Pretty noose is pretty pain
And I don’t like what you got me hanging from"
Kashmir86 is offline  
Old 12-19-2005, 01:07 AM   #33 (permalink)
Whitewater!
 
Merkaba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: New Zealand
Posts: 2,885
Default

^ Well it's strange because I thought bunglowbill said he was against ignorance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir86
He knows I am a zephead, and he hates me, so therefore he must talk as much trash about zeppelin as possible right? read my sig...
I have. Trust me. There's no avoiding it.

I know you two have a thing but I wanted to see why he hated them. It wouldn't surely be all for that wee feud.
__________________
She thinks I'm a reclusive genius, she's going to be very disappointed when she finds out i'm a reclusive wanker
Merkaba is offline  
Old 12-19-2005, 01:13 AM   #34 (permalink)
Traveler Of Time & Space
 
Kashmir86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I'm the bustle in your hedgegrow
Posts: 628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merkaba
^ Well it's strange because I thought bunglowbill said he was against ignorance.


I have. Trust me. There's no avoiding it.

I know you two have a thing but I wanted to see why he hated them. It wouldn't surely be all for that wee feud.
Yeah, I would like to know as well, however he usually posts somethin along the lines of led zeppelin sucks, or their overrated, or something stupid like that. I am yet to see him say something like that and back it up with supporting arguments, like an intelligent individual like me would do.
__________________
"Into this house we’re born
Into this world we’re thrown
Like a dog without a bone
An actor out on loan
Riders on the storm"

"How many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry?
How many deaths will it take till he knows
That too many people have died?"

"Diamond rope silver chain
Pretty noose is pretty pain
And I don’t like what you got me hanging from"
Kashmir86 is offline  
Old 12-19-2005, 06:55 AM   #35 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Scotland
Posts: 7
Default

you missed marilyn manson - or is it only rock bands?
Neo-Angelus is offline  
Old 12-19-2005, 07:08 AM   #36 (permalink)
pastor of muppets
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

^ he didnt miss anything its just his choice of bands....
 
Old 12-19-2005, 11:20 AM   #37 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
bungalow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Hot-lanta
Posts: 3,140
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashmir86
Yeah, I would like to know as well, however he usually posts somethin along the lines of led zeppelin sucks, or their overrated, or something stupid like that. I am yet to see him say something like that and back it up with supporting arguments, like an intelligent individual like me would do.

Well, me saying Led Zeppelin sucks, is to piss you off.
Me saying Led Zeppelin is overrated, is telling the truth.
There is one or two Zeppelin songs I can listen to full through.
The rest.......boring as hell.
You dislike rap because they sing about "bitches and hoes" and I dislike Led Zeppelin because they sing about Lord Of the Rings.
Their songs are so cheesy that I cant bare to listen to them.
They are the most overrated classic rock band.
Every other band up there, is more enjoyable to listen to than Led Zeppelin
But..........what seperates your dumbass from me, is that, I dont generalize the entire genre. I can recognize that there is some good Classic Rock. And I can ever realize that there is some good Led Zeppelin.
You are to thickheaded to look past classic rock and find other good music.
You are also to arrogant to admit that you were wrong and make yourself look like a fool.
Everyone of your threads is the same old song.
Lets see how many bands I can throw into a poll, including Led Zeppelin, and then watch as Zep. slowly takes the lead.
Or, I'll put Jimmy Page up against another guitar player and wait for Page to take the lead.
It is stupid.
Make a thread that doesnt include a poll and that doesnt include an enormous amount of favortism

PS: Merkaba, taking Kashmirs side is like sailing a sinking ship.
bungalow is offline  
Old 12-19-2005, 11:23 AM   #38 (permalink)
butt say x
 
mosesandtherubberducky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: so i read the question as "Where YOU live" which was kinda funny instead of "Where you live"
Posts: 1,649
Default

It's a facist regime Jimmy Page
It's a facist regime Jimmy Page

Kasmir listen to more than classic rock.
__________________
Can I have a youtube video for a sig? There's a thing that says "Wrap [YOUTUBE] tags around selected text"
mosesandtherubberducky is offline  
Old 12-19-2005, 01:00 PM   #39 (permalink)
Traveler Of Time & Space
 
Kashmir86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I'm the bustle in your hedgegrow
Posts: 628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bungalowbill357

Well, me saying Led Zeppelin sucks, is to piss you off.
Me saying Led Zeppelin is overrated, is telling the truth.
There is one or two Zeppelin songs I can listen to full through.
The rest.......boring as hell.
You dislike rap because they sing about "bitches and hoes" and I dislike Led Zeppelin because they sing about Lord Of the Rings.
Their songs are so cheesy that I cant bare to listen to them.
They are the most overrated classic rock band.
Every other band up there, is more enjoyable to listen to than Led Zeppelin
But..........what seperates your dumbass from me, is that, I dont generalize the entire genre. I can recognize that there is some good Classic Rock. And I can ever realize that there is some good Led Zeppelin.
You are to thickheaded to look past classic rock and find other good music.
You are also to arrogant to admit that you were wrong and make yourself look like a fool.
Everyone of your threads is the same old song.
Lets see how many bands I can throw into a poll, including Led Zeppelin, and then watch as Zep. slowly takes the lead.
Or, I'll put Jimmy Page up against another guitar player and wait for Page to take the lead.
It is stupid.
Make a thread that doesnt include a poll and that doesnt include an enormous amount of favortism

PS: Merkaba, taking Kashmirs side is like sailing a sinking ship.
Dude there's like 4 out of the 140 or so songs by them that refer to lord of the rings. That's pretty dumb to rule them out due to those 4 songs. IMO, you have made a bigger fool of yourself throughout this whole ordeal. I have let up on dissing rap, but you however have not let up a bit. Just let it go man, you don't have to say **** like classic rock sux or led zeppelin sux in every single thread where there's discussion of it. I listed 20 bands, so what if zeppelin is in there, i'm sorry they happen to be my favorite group. And do I have to go into the list of bands other than classic rock that I like again for like \the 5th time? Not to mention classical and jazz which I enjoy as well. I just don't like rap, its my own preference, and I'd appreciate it if you would respect that.
__________________
"Into this house we’re born
Into this world we’re thrown
Like a dog without a bone
An actor out on loan
Riders on the storm"

"How many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry?
How many deaths will it take till he knows
That too many people have died?"

"Diamond rope silver chain
Pretty noose is pretty pain
And I don’t like what you got me hanging from"
Kashmir86 is offline  
Old 12-20-2005, 01:04 AM   #40 (permalink)
Traveler Of Time & Space
 
Kashmir86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: I'm the bustle in your hedgegrow
Posts: 628
Default

damn too many ties...
__________________
"Into this house we’re born
Into this world we’re thrown
Like a dog without a bone
An actor out on loan
Riders on the storm"

"How many ears must one man have
Before he can hear people cry?
How many deaths will it take till he knows
That too many people have died?"

"Diamond rope silver chain
Pretty noose is pretty pain
And I don’t like what you got me hanging from"
Kashmir86 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.