Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2006, 11:07 PM   #71 (permalink)
Dancing Machine
 
Expletive Deleted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Star
For every Hello, Hello, Hello How Low (there weren't that many anyway) there were more meaningful and better written lyrics. Kurt himself acknowledged his exploitation of writing music for "nonconformist" teenagers. One of the lines from a song of his went "Teenage angst has paid of well, now I'm bored and old...", he was aware of it as anyone and could still craft catchy and interesting pop songs.
The fact that he admitted it doesn't change the fact that it was completely uninspired songwriting.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:08 PM   #72 (permalink)
Dancing Machine
 
Expletive Deleted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PerFeCTioNThrUSileNCe
but, that would be factually wrong. because i doubt sid vicious could hold a candle to geddy lee. thus that opinion, based on personal preference, is factually wrong.
Did you completely miss what I just said? An opinion can't be wrong. I agreed that saying The Sex Pistols were more skillfull than Rush would wrong, but saying you prefer them isn't. "I like the Sex Pistols more than Rush," and "The Sex Pistols are a better band than Rush," are two different things.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:09 PM   #73 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted
The fact that he admitted it doesn't change the fact that it was completely uninspired songwriting.
^ Wrong.


In my opinion of course.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:10 PM   #74 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Muzak Geek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Wake Forest, NC
Posts: 87
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger
MB Beatles bias
I'm biased towards the Beatles - count me in.
__________________
Up, up, down, down, left, right, left, right, B, A, Start… Just because we use cheats, doesn't mean we're not smart.
Muzak Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:11 PM   #75 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
boo boo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Where the buffalo roam.
Posts: 12,137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted
Did you completely miss what I just said? An opinion can't be wrong. I agreed that saying The Sex Pistols were more skillfull than Rush would wrong, but saying you prefer them isn't.
This whole time we werent talking about preference, you have been bashing Nirvana like its a fact, and thats why you are having a hard time with me.
boo boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:11 PM   #76 (permalink)
Dancing Machine
 
Expletive Deleted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
^ Wrong.


In my opinion of course.
Oh yeah? Well in my opinion, you're wrong.

Take that.
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:31 PM   #77 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Shooting Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: I live in a house.
Posts: 186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted
Oh yeah? Well in my opinion, you're wrong.

Take that.
Well in my opinion you're wrong and he's right. Two to one.
__________________
I was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came.
Shooting Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:33 PM   #78 (permalink)
Dancing Machine
 
Expletive Deleted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boo boo
This whole time we werent talking about preference, you have been bashing Nirvana like its a fact, and thats why you are having a hard time with me.
What are you talking about? Where did I say anything like it was fact?
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:38 PM   #79 (permalink)
Dancing Machine
 
Expletive Deleted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 1,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Star
Well in my opinion you're wrong and he's right. Two to one.
Well if we're going by majority rule I guess Britney Spears is talented and Emo is whiny pop-punk?
Expletive Deleted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 11:57 PM   #80 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Shooting Star's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: I live in a house.
Posts: 186
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expletive Deleted
Well if we're going by majority rule I guess Britney Spears is talented and Emo is whiny pop-punk?
We can either go by elitist drivel, majority rules bolshevism, or the natural down to earth opinion's of the average person. If everyone accepts emo to be pop-punk, and two critics say emo is something else entirely, by so many people having consensus as to what emo is then it would be pop-punk by perception.
__________________
I was waiting on a moment, but the moment never came.
Shooting Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.