Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 12:07 PM   #2081 (permalink)
JVB
Groupie
 
JVB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: out of my mind
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWP View Post
You want a reason eh? I'll give you a reason, I'll give you five to be exact.

1. They're music is inmensly overrated. I like grunge don't get me wrong I love Alice in Chains, Mudhoney, Pearl Jam, etc., but Nirvana are just put on a pedestal as "OMG DA GREATEST BAND OF ALL TIEM!!!11111" when in fact they are far far from it.

2. Kurt Cobain can't sing or write a song worth a ****. It's just the same old "oh I don't have a gun" "RAPE ME!!!!!!11111" bull****. Not to mention that some of their songs sound like glorified nursery rhymes covered up in distortion and angst.

3. They appeal to douchey scene kids, angsty teens, and 16 year old girls. My ex-girlfriend used to shove the ****ing band down my throat and go on and on about how great Kurt Cobain was and how much of an hero he was. Speaking about an heroes, haha. If she worships him so much she should go dig up his grave and do some necrophile **** to him for all I care.

4. They changed the state of rock music for the worst. Because of them, you have bands like Korn, Saliva, Slipkunt, Linkin Park, and good god no, Breaking Benjamin.

5. Their music just flat out SUCKS.

You may not like my opinion, but you're just gonna half to deal with it. =) I just plain don't like Nirvana.
As a huge Nirvana and Kurt Cobain fan I would be deeply insulted on behalf of them.... if your points weren't so redundantly retarted.
Seems to me you simply have issues with them and you don't have anything really solid to base that on. But sure everyone is entitled to their own opinion...
__________________
The days are labelled with no return
To an organized and normal world
The chance of joy has disappeared
Time has given in
JVB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 12:10 PM   #2082 (permalink)
love will tear you apart
 
TheCunningStunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 5,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWP View Post
Then she can just pull some How High **** and put his ashes in a blunt and smoke it, and make him appear. Then she can rape him. haha =P
Nirvana's Kurt Cobain's ashes 'to be smoked in spliff' | News | NME.COM

You're not very original, it's already been thought of. But seriously, your hate for Nirvana is retarded. There's just no substance to it whatsoever. I don't love Nirvana like I used to, but I've always loved Kurt. I'd pull out some necrophiliac shit given half the chance. I'd make a Cobain-CunningStunt love paste whilst listening to 'Rape Me.'
__________________
I don't feel and I feel great.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:44 PM   #2083 (permalink)
Engorged Member
 
sidewinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,536
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWP View Post
You want a reason eh? I'll give you a reason, I'll give you five to be exact.

1. They're music is inmensly overrated. I like grunge don't get me wrong I love Alice in Chains, Mudhoney, Pearl Jam, etc., but Nirvana are just put on a pedestal as "OMG DA GREATEST BAND OF ALL TIEM!!!11111" when in fact they are far far from it.

2. Kurt Cobain can't sing or write a song worth a ****. It's just the same old "oh I don't have a gun" "RAPE ME!!!!!!11111" bull****. Not to mention that some of their songs sound like glorified nursery rhymes covered up in distortion and angst.

3. They appeal to douchey scene kids, angsty teens, and 16 year old girls. My ex-girlfriend used to shove the ****ing band down my throat and go on and on about how great Kurt Cobain was and how much of an hero he was. Speaking about an heroes, haha. If she worships him so much she should go dig up his grave and do some necrophile **** to him for all I care.

4. They changed the state of rock music for the worst. Because of them, you have bands like Korn, Saliva, Slipkunt, Linkin Park, and good god no, Breaking Benjamin.

5. Their music just flat out SUCKS.

You may not like my opinion, but you're just gonna half to deal with it. =) I just plain don't like Nirvana.
Cannot take seriously. I don't care whether you like Nirvana or not but your post/arguments are pretty retarded.

and speaking of angsty teens...I don't know how old you are but you sure are angsty.
__________________
last.fm | my collection on RYM | vinyl instagram @allthatyouseeandhear
I'd love to see your signature/links too, but the huge and obnoxious ones have caused me to block all signatures.
sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 02:59 PM   #2084 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Flyingpig437's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 534
Default

Just far and away the most over-rated band ever. ONe album, albeit with some cracking songs on but two of which were plagiarised.
Flyingpig437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:01 PM   #2085 (permalink)
love will tear you apart
 
TheCunningStunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 5,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingpig437 View Post
Just far and away the most over-rated band ever. ONe album, albeit with some cracking songs on but two of which were plagiarised.
I think you'll find they have 3 studio albums.
__________________
I don't feel and I feel great.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2010, 03:54 PM   #2086 (permalink)
Horribly Creative
 
Unknown Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, The Big Smoke
Posts: 8,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingpig437 View Post
ONe album, albeit with some cracking songs on but two of which were plagiarised.
Complete and utter bollocks.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 01:09 AM   #2087 (permalink)
Groupie
 
dtx21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario
Posts: 15
Default

Nirvana and I have a, uhm, love/hate relationship.
Love the music.
Hate the fact that Kurt Cobain is listed as a top guitarist when so many other talented guitarists deserve it.

.. it's because he's dead, isn't it?
dtx21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 05:08 AM   #2088 (permalink)
love will tear you apart
 
TheCunningStunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 5,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjparis View Post
Kurt was Nirvana, and when he died, the magic which was there was gone together with the main man...~~ sad T_T
Well, yeah. Since the band disbanded after Kurt died.
__________________
I don't feel and I feel great.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:01 AM   #2089 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Flyingpig437's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 534
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
I think you'll find they have 3 studio albums.
i meant it figuratively as in 'one good album and two **** ones'
Flyingpig437 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 06:03 AM   #2090 (permalink)
love will tear you apart
 
TheCunningStunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Manchester, UK.
Posts: 5,100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyingpig437 View Post
i meant it figuratively as in 'one good album and two **** ones'
Which one is the good one? In Utero?
__________________
I don't feel and I feel great.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.