Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2008, 11:41 AM   #51 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track View Post
I pm'd him about those links the other day...no reply.
Keep it up and you're banned.
YIKESSSSSSSSS I GUESS ID BETTER CUT IT OUT... i suppose to fix my homophobic remark i will say christian metal is false, and it creates false metal posers! I value this forum so much, i couldnt stand getting banned.. thanks!
Pbr-kegbeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:12 PM   #52 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,221
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero1986 View Post
Well of course the devil himself didn't actually create them. The Devils's Chords, or tritones as they are more technically known, are sets of notes that were seen in the middle-ages as too dark, evil and menacing for music and therefore they were associated with the devil. Musicians who used these were often punished by the church or excommunicated. Examples of tritones are B-flat-E, F-B, B-F, A-D-flat and many others.
Listen to 'Black Sabbath' by Black Sabbath for perfect examples.
Never heard them referred to as tritones before. To me that's an augmented 4th
Rainard Jalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:30 PM   #53 (permalink)
Atchin' Akai
 
right-track's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Unamerica
Posts: 8,696
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pbr-kegbeater View Post
YIKESSSSSSSSS I GUESS ID BETTER CUT IT OUT... i suppose to fix my homophobic remark i will say christian metal is false, and it creates false metal posers! I value this forum so much, i couldnt stand getting banned.. thanks!
First off, thanks for removing the myspace links.
And you're welcome here Pbr-kegbeater.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 01:55 PM   #54 (permalink)
Existential Egoist
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero1986 View Post
Well of course the devil himself didn't actually create them. The Devils's Chords, or tritones as they are more technically known, are sets of notes that were seen in the middle-ages as too dark, evil and menacing for music and therefore they were associated with the devil. Musicians who used these were often punished by the church or excommunicated. Examples of tritones are B-flat-E, F-B, B-F, A-D-flat and many others.
Listen to 'Black Sabbath' by Black Sabbath for perfect examples.
Yeah, well it is a bunch of middle age bull**** because I doubt that a note can be too dark. The Bible doesn't really have any sound so to say that a sound is holy or not is totally ludicrous.
Inuzuka Skysword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2008, 02:15 PM   #55 (permalink)
nothing
 
mr dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 4,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inuzuka Skysword View Post
Yeah, well it is a bunch of middle age bull**** because I doubt that a note can be too dark. The Bible doesn't really have any sound so to say that a sound is holy or not is totally ludicrous.
when the only way to be a musician was to compose music for the king (who ruled through divine right / appointed by god) or the church, you did what they said when it came to composing. if the powers that be decided a chord progression wasn't acceptable they made sure it wasn't used. after all, they were interested in making sacred music, not secular.

to act as if the church didn't have significant control over society in the middle ages is even more ludicrous than the idea that a note is too dark to be used in music.
__________________
i am the universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
http://www.myspace.com/wallofpanda (updated 06/28/09-ish)
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 03:19 PM   #56 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1
Default

...! facts!
religion sux. and christianity is silly!
i will support the evil path of metal
but never will get lost in it. when u think about good bands and the styles they have then u see what is more important than to have a 666 patch...or turned-crosses.
if someone come around with his cross thinking that he is the best
i turn his sign and mock him. coz he isnt. all men are fools.
that's it.
satanism lives because of christianity and if christians/religion ****s off
then satan needs no attention.
show me worthfull things and i will beware them.
at the moment live is more like metal.evil.^^
and remember metal is art. not the real life. its a kind of symbolic
way to paint live. life is mercyless; metal too.
monarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 08:46 PM   #57 (permalink)
Bancount: 3 ^_______^
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 911
Default

that is the funniest post i've ever read.


i hope to god that is a joke account.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by monarc View Post
i will support the evil path of metal
www.myspace.com/arqon
www.myspace.com/xlaststrawx
enemyat_thesix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 01:31 PM   #58 (permalink)
Groupie
 
babydef's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 9
Default

Metal was founded upon Satan.Look back to death,Viper,slayer But at the same time It's all about what you consider metal. Plus Metal is a Rebellious gerene of music. So your rebelling against what your parents are, Christians, Society.
Most of the metal bands that put up that front really don't believe in all that crap anyway
__________________
"Who are you to judge the life I live? I know I'm not perfect-and I don't live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean."-Bob Marley
babydef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:05 PM   #59 (permalink)
nothing
 
mr dave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: everywhere
Posts: 4,287
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydef View Post
Metal was founded upon Satan.Look back to death,Viper,slayer
i suppose looking all the way back to black sabbath wouldn't give the same impression at all...
__________________
i am the universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
http://www.myspace.com/wallofpanda (updated 06/28/09-ish)
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:09 PM   #60 (permalink)
Existential Egoist
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,468
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
when the only way to be a musician was to compose music for the king (who ruled through divine right / appointed by god) or the church, you did what they said when it came to composing. if the powers that be decided a chord progression wasn't acceptable they made sure it wasn't used. after all, they were interested in making sacred music, not secular.

to act as if the church didn't have significant control over society in the middle ages is even more ludicrous than the idea that a note is too dark to be used in music.
Yes, but to be evil something must be of Satan, which the only for their to be a universal truth for Christians to accept would mean that it was in the Bible, and even then it is open to interpretation. So the only way to know if a sound is of Satan is if the Bible actually had sound, which it doesn't so even if there were satanic sounds, we wouldn't be able to tell what they are. Forget the pope and all that stuff. Find me a biblical passage where it specifies that a man outside of the Bible's writings is able to tell you what is right or wrong.
Inuzuka Skysword is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.