Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Rock & Metal (https://www.musicbanter.com/rock-metal/)
-   -   Metal & Rock Music Recommendations (https://www.musicbanter.com/rock-metal/38356-metal-rock-music-recommendations.html)

DeadManHBK 05-22-2020 07:23 PM

I am not sure if they have been mentioned already (Sorry - I don't feel like going through all 200 pages of posts..lol), BUT, I have really been digging Amon Amarth here lately. I came across them at the tattoo shop my husband has been going to, and for sure 10/10 would recommend.

Lisnaholic 05-27-2020 05:54 AM

Yes, DeadMan, this thread is a victim of its own success: so many recs that nobody bothers to look at them. One way to check what's already been mentioned is to use the "Search" function, which I find gives best results when you choose the "Show Posts" option. For Amon Amarth, it generates 421 posts, so we're back where you started, I'm afraid: too much material :(

Anyway, Amon Amarth are new to me, and here's the first song I found on youtube:-



For me, they're a little too heavy, and I really don't like that vocal style tbh, but your rec certainly fits the thread topic.

RatsAndMetal 06-02-2020 08:13 AM

Can anyone recommend any band or genre of metal that has a lot of drumming in it (fills and different techniques)? I'm thinking maybe death metal?

Separately, does anyone have any recommendations for bands like Disturbed?

DeadManHBK 06-02-2020 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RatsAndMetal (Post 2121150)
Can anyone recommend any band or genre of metal that has a lot of drumming in it (fills and different techniques)? I'm thinking maybe death metal?

Separately, does anyone have any recommendations for bands like Disturbed?

They don't fit in the death metal category, but I have always loved iwrestledabearonce's drums. Especially in their first two albums.

I know they aren't for everyone, so my apologies if they aren't your thing. :)

DeadManHBK 06-02-2020 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lisnaholic (Post 2119967)
Yes, DeadMan, this thread is a victim of its own success: so many recs that nobody bothers to look at them. One way to check what's already been mentioned is to use the "Search" function, which I find gives best results when you choose the "Show Posts" option. For Amon Amarth, it generates 421 posts, so we're back where you started, I'm afraid: too much material :(

Anyway, Amon Amarth are new to me, and here's the first song I found on youtube:-



For me, they're a little too heavy, and I really don't like that vocal style tbh, but your rec certainly fits the thread topic.

Thank you for pointing that option out - I will make sure to keep that in mind in the future. :)

It is definitely one of those bands where I have to be in the mood for them - some artists I can listen to pretty whenever, and they are not one of those bands. lol But I still dig them when I need something to get amped up.

RatsAndMetal 06-03-2020 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadManHBK (Post 2121261)
They don't fit in the death metal category, but I have always loved iwrestledabearonce's drums. Especially in their first two albums.

I know they aren't for everyone, so my apologies if they aren't your thing. :)

Wow thanks! I can't believe I've never heard of them before, they've got impressive vocals and your right the drumming is great :D
Thanks so much

Schlepprock 06-14-2020 09:39 AM

Flying Colors is a great band.

Epikouros 07-06-2020 12:29 PM

back in 2009


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO9Qwfrb720

Norg 07-11-2020 12:02 AM

Is Code orange metal ..???

Frownland 07-11-2020 11:06 AM

idk orange metal, is that like pro-Trump black metal?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:40 PM.


© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.