Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 12:56 AM   #21 (permalink)
Groupie
 
sakuradrops915's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Florida
Posts: 8
Default

i havrn't read all the posts but i haven't noticed anyone say anything about APC and Tool being completely different bands... Yeah Maynard is in both, but APC is HIS project...and his alone. Its because of APC that Tool didnt release 10000 days for so long. I have got to say though... I love them both... there music is so original. There is nothing like going and experiencing them live...it is hard to put into words...
sakuradrops915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:58 AM   #22 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 2,760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
I think a lot of people credit MJK more than he deserves.
Most definately... I really don't care much for his lyrics or his vocals.
Farfisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 12:58 AM   #23 (permalink)
333
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakuradrops915 View Post
i havrn't read all the posts but i haven't noticed anyone say anything about APC and Tool being completely different bands... Yeah Maynard is in both, but APC is HIS project...and his alone. Its because of APC that Tool didnt release 10000 days for so long. I have got to say though... I love them both... there music is so original. There is nothing like going and experiencing them live...it is hard to put into words...
Yeah, you should probably get on reading those posts. I'm sure most of us are aware that those are separate bands. I'm, in fact, a little peeved that they are in the same thread because APC will never amount up to Tool, and honestly, I think Maynard is a little bitter about that.
333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:34 AM   #24 (permalink)
we are stardust
 
Astronomer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
Yeah, you should probably get on reading those posts. I'm sure most of us are aware that those are separate bands. I'm, in fact, a little peeved that they are in the same thread because APC will never amount up to Tool, and honestly, I think Maynard is a little bitter about that.
I agree, I too was wondering why both bands had been lumped into the one thread. They are both completely different acts striving for different things. Maynard has always said that A Perfect Circle has been separate from Tool, and is an outlet for different music/ expression etc.
__________________
Astronomer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:25 AM   #25 (permalink)
333
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 956
Default

The boyf and I talk about this a lot and we've come to the conclusion that Maynard is so bitter about blowing his load as a musician so soon that he's desperately trying to compensate. A little far fetched, I know, but think about it.
333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:26 AM   #26 (permalink)
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH
 
Antonio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Are you a cop?
Posts: 3,341
Default

well i'm listening to Lateralus now, so far i'm enjoying it
__________________
Been making some new music lately, check it out

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:46 AM   #27 (permalink)
333
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 956
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonio View Post
well i'm listening to Lateralus now, so far i'm enjoying it
I'm surprised. You went for the transitional piece to start. Where to now that you're in the middle? Later or more recent?

Choose wisely.

333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:48 AM   #28 (permalink)
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH
 
Antonio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Are you a cop?
Posts: 3,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
I'm surprised. You went for the transitional piece to start. Where to now that you're in the middle? Later or more recent?

Choose wisely.

hmmmm.......idk?
__________________
Been making some new music lately, check it out

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:50 AM   #29 (permalink)
333
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 956
Default

Just dicking around. Flip a coin.
333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:20 AM   #30 (permalink)
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH
 
Antonio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Are you a cop?
Posts: 3,341
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 333 View Post
Just dicking around. Flip a coin.
idk, rapidshare said i used up all my free user downloads, so i might not be able to get another album in some time
__________________
Been making some new music lately, check it out

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.