Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2012, 05:38 PM   #111 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyName View Post
Ironically, those heavy/thrash/death/black have a similar tactic as christians even though most of them are anti-christian, right? The same "you're either with me or you're ****ed" system. Either you listen to above listed genres or you're not tr00 and br00tal(lol) and you are a less worthy wannabe kid. Same with religion, either you love jesus or you burn in hell. I say **** YOU to both oppressing absolutist communities.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline  
Old 12-16-2012, 06:11 PM   #112 (permalink)
A Sarcastic Joyful Sound
 
wiggums's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Montana
Posts: 173
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyName View Post
wiggums you quoted me but didn't read what you quoted?

Some may ignore it or not care about it, but I'm sick and tired of it so I insult back which kind of descends me to their level but at least there is a chance some of them will stop being *******s.

I do insult back cause I'm insulted. If there wasn't those elitists to provoke however, I wouldn't attack them just like I don't attack any other fanbase(whether I like them or not) who leaves Nu Metal in peace.

Its all about how you perceive things. Somebody may see Heavy Metal clothing style as cool, satanic, evul etc while I just see it as feminine and awkward. Same way somebody could not like Nu metal clothing style. Its the same with music and I don't think my opinion is better but I don't think its any less worthy either.

I read it quite clearly, and you are right. It is how you perceive things. My point was that by acting that way, I perceived you as a person who held their music tastes above all others. It's ironic how you stoop to their level to fight back, but you simply end up looking like one of them. That's what I was saying. Nothing more.

To quote Star Wars: "You became the one thing you swore to destroy".

Anyway, I think that insulting back only kindles the fire. Fighting fire with fire isn't such a universal constant.

At least, that's how I perceive the situation.
__________________
wiggums is offline  
Old 12-17-2012, 01:20 PM   #113 (permalink)
silky smooth
 
YorkeDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pangaea
Posts: 3,660
Default

good looooord i think it should be a rule that you have to be AT LEAST 18 before you can register here.
YorkeDaddy is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 04:01 AM   #114 (permalink)
I'm back, baby!
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In your face
Posts: 22,025
Default

Ah yes: thoughtful, considered, logical, calm, respectful and open, just a few of the many things the OP is not...
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 04:43 AM   #115 (permalink)
Horribly Creative
 
Unknown Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, The Big Smoke
Posts: 8,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
Ah yes: thoughtful, considered, logical, calm, respectful and open, just a few of the many things the OP is not...
PowerPunisher was the original OP and not MyName, but they could easily be the same person, they're both just as silly as each other.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser.time206 View Post
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 06:42 AM   #116 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
PowerPunisher was the original OP and not MyName, but they could easily be the same person, they're both just as silly as each other.
Silly? Nobody beat my arguments though. Admittedly, I didn't even expect much resistance since I'm right and this was easy like a stroll in the park but ultimately I won so...

I'll still check this thread regularly in case somebody manages to actually beat my arguments, but I won't descend to the level of pretentious snobbish posers and insult others anymore, even if they deserve it(as wiggums pointed out).

YorkeDaddy I'm 17, so? It must feel humiliating for a pretentious snob to get beaten in an argument by an underage kid that listens to Nu Metal. Your ego... and its gone.
MyName is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 08:35 AM   #117 (permalink)
defiler of restrooms
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 41,403
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyName View Post
Silly? Nobody beat my arguments though.
What arguments? That because you don't like Dying Fetus, that death/thrash/black metal therefore sucks? That because you are deaf to complexity in music that it therefore doesn't matter? That is the argument of a deluded, insecure seventeen year old whose musical knowledge is about as deep as my armpit. There, even an ad hominem can do away someone like you.

P.S. You're right about one thing though. Dying Fetus does suck.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 08:40 AM   #118 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,038
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
What arguments? That because you don't like Dying Fetus, that death/thrash/black metal therefore sucks? That because you are deaf to complexity in music that it therefore doesn't matter? That is the argument of a deluded, insecure seventeen year old whose musical knowledge is about as deep as my armpit. There, even an ad hominem can do away someone like you.

P.S. You're right about one thing though. Dying Fetus does suck.
I like Dying Fetus.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 09:13 AM   #119 (permalink)
Trolier Than Thou
 
Forward To Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,328
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyName View Post
Silly? Nobody beat my arguments though. Admittedly, I didn't even expect much resistance since I'm right and this was easy like a stroll in the park but ultimately I won so...

I'll still check this thread regularly in case somebody manages to actually beat my arguments, but I won't descend to the level of pretentious snobbish posers and insult others anymore, even if they deserve it(as wiggums pointed out).

YorkeDaddy I'm 17, so? It must feel humiliating for a pretentious snob to get beaten in an argument by an underage kid that listens to Nu Metal. Your ego... and its gone.
You didn't win anything. Your argument was a regurgitated straw man for a talking point, and really nothing else of substance.

This is like dealing with a kid who's plugging his ears and going "Blahblahblahblah!" at the top of his lungs.
Forward To Death is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 09:43 AM   #120 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
What arguments? That because you don't like Dying Fetus, that death/thrash/black metal therefore sucks? That because you are deaf to complexity in music that it therefore doesn't matter? That is the argument of a deluded, insecure seventeen year old whose musical knowledge is about as deep as my armpit. There, even an ad hominem can do away someone like you.

P.S. You're right about one thing though. Dying Fetus does suck.
Sure, ad hominem is reasonable... if you're a stupid moron who doesn't have anything smarter to say but doesn't want to admit he lost the argument.

I said why I think those metal genres suck. Dying Fetus is just a perfect example of what I despise.

What do you mean I'm deaf to complexity in music?

Deluded? Why?
Insecure? Why?
How deep IS your armpit?
MyName is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.