Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 09:55 AM   #121 (permalink)
defiler of restrooms
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 41,470
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyName View Post
Sure, ad hominem is reasonable... if you're a stupid moron who doesn't have anything smarter to say but doesn't want to admit he lost the argument.
You didn't have anything to say worth refuting.

Quote:
I said why I think those metal genres suck. Dying Fetus is just a perfect example of what I despise.
I agree with you on why Dying Fetus suck. They sound like a random assortment of notes and riffs. This is one small spectrum of metal. Hell, it's just one small spectrum of death metal. Judging the rest of it on the same basis that you would Dying Fetus is just ignorant. Something like this for instance is about as nontechnical and nonwanky as one can get:



Quote:
What do you mean I'm deaf to complexity in music?
Didn't you say that all thrash and death metal and what not sounded like a random assortment of notes? If you think that about Dying Fetus, that is understandable. If you say that about all the other nearly infinite amount of genres and sub-genres in metal, than I have to assume that you just are unable to appreciate music on anything but the most shallow basis.

Quote:
Deluded? Why?
Insecure? Why?
How deep IS your armpit?
Deluded, because you seem to think your own nonsense is gospel. Insecure because you seem to feel the need to lash out against the rest of us for our opinions, as if you have to shout more loudly than anyone else to quiet the voices of doubt in your head.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i

Last edited by The Batlord; 12-18-2012 at 01:47 PM.
The Batlord is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #122 (permalink)
Horribly Creative
 
Unknown Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, The Big Smoke
Posts: 8,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyName View Post
Silly? Nobody beat my arguments though. Admittedly, I didn't even expect much resistance since I'm right and this was easy like a stroll in the park but ultimately I won so...
As already stated by others, you didn't actually present a feasible argument as to why Slipknot are so much better than other more reputable metal bands. Had you argued from the standpoint that their percussion section is second to none, their marketing spot on or that they along with Rammstein employ a whole load of musicians, thus keeping unemployment rates down in the USA, people may have taken you seriously. But instead you did the predictable trollish routine and that was to pick out a revered metal band like Maiden, which you knew would probably get people's backs up and then back it up with some ridiculous opinions.

Quote:
I'll still check this thread regularly in case somebody manages to actually beat my arguments, but I won't descend to the level of pretentious snobbish posers and insult others anymore, even if they deserve it(as wiggums pointed out)
Please do stick around, your stupidity makes us all laugh and after all it is Christmas and a time to be jolly.

Quote:
YorkeDaddy I'm 17, so? It must feel humiliating for a pretentious snob to get beaten in an argument by an underage kid that listens to Nu Metal. Your ego... and its gone.
Thanks for telling us that your 17, nobody would've guessed that.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser.time206 View Post
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 11:33 AM   #123 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 5,336
Default

lol
Dying Fetus is playing here on Jan 26th:

http://www.musicbanter.com/album-rev...-michigan.html

Here's a link to the venue this dude's (read spammer's) talking about. Middle of the page:

The Machine Shop Concert Lounge

It's funny when trolls and spammers collide. Kinda.
__________________
See location...
Plankton is online now  
Old 12-18-2012, 11:55 AM   #124 (permalink)
Just Keep Swimming...
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: See signature...
Posts: 5,336
Default

Incidentally, here's my take on Slipknot:

SoundClick artist: PRD Solo Project - page with MP3 music downloads
__________________
See location...
Plankton is online now  
Old 12-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #125 (permalink)
I'm back, baby!
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In your face
Posts: 22,025
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
PowerPunisher was the original OP and not MyName, but they could easily be the same person, they're both just as silly as each other.
Yeah I know; I was referring to him. Though indeed, they are of like (I use the word advisedly) mind...
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 01:46 PM   #126 (permalink)
I'm back, baby!
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: In your face
Posts: 22,025
Default

By the way, MyName, here's a clue for you: you win an argument when someone you're arguing with admits that yeah, after all, you're right. You win it by presenting proper, valid refutation of someone else's viewpoint or opinion.

You DON'T win it by shouting the loudest, grinning, refusing to hear anyone else's opinion or change yours in the slightest, refusing to listen to well-presented opposing views and just being generally a kid among adults.

You've won nothing. You of course are free to BELIEVE you won your argument, but we all know the reverse is the case. Come back when you've grown up and can hold together a decent, proper debate.

Incidentally, I know little of death metal or the more extreme versions of metal, but ignorance and arrogance such as you display here just annoys me, and your self-congratulatory posts, well let's just say they annoy me too. I prefer to argue with my intellectual equals, so as I say, do us all a favour and grow up. You're seventeen, not seven.
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 03:08 PM   #127 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 49
Default

wtf happen to my thread!?
PowerPunisher is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 03:14 PM   #128 (permalink)
Still sends his reguards.
 
bob.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Trying to get out of the cat town....
Posts: 5,002
Default

it got entertaining
bob. is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 03:16 PM   #129 (permalink)
Horribly Creative
 
Unknown Soldier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: London, The Big Smoke
Posts: 8,220
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPunisher View Post
wtf happen to my thread!?
So you're not MyName in disguise?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by eraser.time206 View Post
If you can't deal with the fact that there are 6+ billion people in the world and none of them think exactly the same that's not my problem. Just deal with it yourself or make actual conversation. This isn't a court and I'm not some poet or prophet that needs everything I say to be analytically critiqued.
Metal Wars

Power Metal

Pounding Decibels- A Hard and Heavy History
Unknown Soldier is offline  
Old 12-18-2012, 04:36 PM   #130 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
By the way, MyName, here's a clue for you: you win an argument when someone you're arguing with admits that yeah, after all, you're right. You win it by presenting proper, valid refutation of someone else's viewpoint or opinion.

You DON'T win it by shouting the loudest, grinning, refusing to hear anyone else's opinion or change yours in the slightest, refusing to listen to well-presented opposing views and just being generally a kid among adults.

You've won nothing. You of course are free to BELIEVE you won your argument, but we all know the reverse is the case. Come back when you've grown up and can hold together a decent, proper debate.

Incidentally, I know little of death metal or the more extreme versions of metal, but ignorance and arrogance such as you display here just annoys me, and your self-congratulatory posts, well let's just say they annoy me too. I prefer to argue with my intellectual equals, so as I say, do us all a favour and grow up. You're seventeen, not seven.
Why would somebody have to admit they're beaten to actually be beaten? I'd admit if I was beaten. And I'll admit to wiggums, he beat me, he was right but only about one thing and that is that I won't accomplish anything by descending on level of pretentious snobs and insulting them(even if they deserve it). I was wrong about that and I admit it.

But my main point still stays, and that is that people should stop being judgmental, pretentious posers and just listen to music they like while letting others listen to what they like without insulting them. Friendly recommending music you like to someone if fine, but saying "zomfg that **** you listen to sucks, listen to what I listen or you're be regarded as a (insert insults)" only makes you look like a douchebag and certainly won't have that someone accepting your recommendations.

Also, how do you mean I'm not able to hold a proper debate? I'm basically fighting everybody alone for couple of pages and still nobody beat me and shamed me to the point I wouldn't dare to show my face around here again, which admittedly happened to me once on one other forum(it wasn't related to music though).

Unknown Soldier - I think Slipknot is better, it is MY OPINION, my subjective perception on their music compared to Iron Maiden. Music CAN'T be objectively good or bad, you CAN NOT objectively analyze music because EVERY HUMAN on this planet will perceive it differently. It is NOT science, it is art, we aren't speaking about facts here but opinions.

Glad I'm making you laugh, but too bad we won't see Christmas this year cause of apocalypse 21.12.

P.S. I don't have anything to do with PowerPunisher, I like Slipknot but I'm not their huge fan as he seems to be. If you still won't believe me you can do an IP check, but why would I lie?
MyName is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.