Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 10:05 PM   #21 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by neardeathexperience View Post
1. BEATLES
2. Beach Boys
3. CSN&Y
4. Hollies
5. Mamas And Papas
6. Loving Spoonful
7. Association
8. Circle
This is all very true but there is No Way the Beatles have better harmonies than the Beach Boys.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:27 PM   #22 (permalink)
Trolier Than Thou
 
Forward To Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,328
Default

I really like when Layne and Jerry from AIC harmonize. Most of the other ones are kinda just obvious, like Beach Boys, Beatles, Queen (even though it was just Freddy harmonizing with himself) etc.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 11:34 PM   #23 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Norg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,707
Default

Depeche Mode
Norg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 07:30 PM   #24 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Birmingham, UK
Posts: 21
Default

Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young
kealyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 11:10 PM   #25 (permalink)
DO LIKE YOU.
 
P A N's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 623
Default

I haven't listened to it in awhile, but Bend Sinister's album "Through the Broken City" has some pretty decent vocal harmonies if i remember correctly.
P A N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:40 PM   #26 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Powerstars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 449
Default

3 (the band) has pretty subtle, but intricate harmonies.
__________________
My New Journal
Favorite Album Of The Moment: They Might Be Giants - Glean
Powerstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:41 PM   #27 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
ThatBlueFluffyDude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Midlands, England
Posts: 50
Default

Don't Bullet have some? I can't really think of anyone else, Zeppelin have some occasionally?
ThatBlueFluffyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 04:19 AM   #28 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Sunderland
Posts: 9
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surell View Post
This is all very true but there is No Way the Beatles have better harmonies than the Beach Boys.
Agree totally! The Beach boys harmonies are insane..

Though, is it just me... or as soon as you think of the beach boys does 'Good Vibrations' just get stuck in your head?
Onemanrevival is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 10:54 AM   #29 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Topazchicken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6
Default

I'm confused, if we're mentioning classic rock why aren't we talking more about QUEEN?

I'm always fascinated by their full, choral-but-crisp blasts of harmony.
Topazchicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 11:11 AM   #30 (permalink)
Master, We Perish
 
Surell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Havin a good time, rollin to the bottom.
Posts: 3,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemanrevival View Post
Agree totally! The Beach boys harmonies are insane..

Though, is it just me... or as soon as you think of the beach boys does 'Good Vibrations' just get stuck in your head?
At this point I think "Barnyard" switches on for me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhateverDude View Post
Laser beams, psychedelic hats, and for some reason kittens. Surrel reminds me of kittens.
^if you wanna know perfection that's it, you dumb shits
Spoiler for guess what:
|i am a heron i ahev a long neck and i pick fish out of the water w/ my beak if you dont repost this comment on 10 other pages i will fly into your kitchen tonight and make a mess of your pots and pans
Surell is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.