Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Is Meat Loaf metal?
Yes 3 15.79%
No 16 84.21%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2014, 05:39 PM   #1 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 46
Default Meat Loaf....metal or not?

Some call ML metal, some insist he's not. So...yes, or no?
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:33 PM   #2 (permalink)
I'm back, baby! Again.
 
Trollheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Staring out my window at a world that has changed fundamentally
Posts: 22,170
Default

I'd be inclined to say no. Some great guitar solos but I'd put him more in the area of symphonic or maybe gothic rock, though the last might be stretching it a teensy bit. I don't see him as metal personally. Guess he's heavy enough (bad taste sizeism joke number 497)!
__________________
Trollheart: Signature-free since April 2018
Trollheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:33 PM   #3 (permalink)
Symphonic Metal Junkie
 
Puffnstuff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 136
Default

Classic rock.
__________________
I love symphonic metal.
http://www.last.fm/user/Puffnstuff
Puffnstuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:50 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Music Guru.
 
Burning Down's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 4,730
Default

I would say he's not. He's more like a rock ballad type.
Burning Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 46
Default

Would you say arena rock, then?
Jarlaxle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 07:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Primeval Scum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 146
Default

Yeah, definitely one of those above forms of rock...not metal
__________________
Last.fm
RateYourMusic

Don't grieve for me, I'm not there. I am the gentle autumn rain. Hold up my lamp to light your way. Farewell to thee...
Primeval Scum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:16 AM   #7 (permalink)
David Hasselhoff
 
Paul Smeenus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Back in Portland, OR
Posts: 3,247
Default

On WHAT PLANET would Meat Loaf be considered metal? That's the oddest thing I've ever heard since a guy told me he considered Def Leppard to be grindcore.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Basically you're David Hasselhoff.
Gentle Giant Catalog Review

The entire Ditty Bops catalog reviewed
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:21 AM   #8 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Meatloaf is so tru kvlt.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
Mate, Spawn & Die
 
Janszoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 24,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Smeenus View Post
On WHAT PLANET would Meat Loaf be considered metal? That's the oddest thing I've ever heard since a guy told me he considered Def Leppard to be grindcore.
I think some people assume he must be some kind of metal because his most famous album covers look like metal album covers. I can't imagine any other reason someone would think he was metal.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by P A N View Post
i'm not gonna spend my life on music banter trying to convince people the earth is flat.
A Night in the Life of the Invisible Man

Time & Place

25 Albums You Should Hear Before the Moon Crashes into the Earth and We All Die


last.fm
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
David Hasselhoff
 
Paul Smeenus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Back in Portland, OR
Posts: 3,247
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
I think some people assume he must be some kind of metal because his most famous album covers look like metal album covers. I can't imagine any other reason someone would think he was metal.

Yeah, when BOOH came out I thought it might be a lot heavier than what I eventually heard which was almost pop-meets-Broadway.

Doesn't explain Def Leppard/grindcore tho
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Basically you're David Hasselhoff.
Gentle Giant Catalog Review

The entire Ditty Bops catalog reviewed
Paul Smeenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.