Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Which one?
Black Sabbath 38 73.08%
Led Zeppelin 14 26.92%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-15-2018, 11:46 PM   #131 (permalink)
Paragraph President
 
Unitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Burning Star
Posts: 837
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
Sabbath. But Zeppelin comes close, if for nothing other than Presence and "Moby Dick". Call me Ishmael, stupid.
Oh yeah! Nice to see some appreciation for Presence, always have thought it to be so underrated. My favorite Zeppelin album personally. The opening of "Tea for One" is one of my favorite riffs ever:
Unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 01:03 AM   #132 (permalink)
Toasted Poster
 
Chula Vista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: SoCal by way of Boston
Posts: 10,697
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unitron View Post
The opening of "Tea for One" is one of my favorite riffs ever:
Love the way the riff is leading in one direction tempo-wise and then Bonham comes in and completely changes the vibe.

Presence has such a back-story. It was not planned. Instead the band should have been on a late 75 through early 76 world tour, including a massive
US stint.

Then Plant gets ****ed up in the car accident that nearly killed his wife. The tour in cancelled and the band is left wondering if Plant will ever be able
to properly perform again.

They decide to record an album. The band is on tax exile in California and have zero material prepared. Page takes charge and just keeps coming up with
one cool riff/idea after the other. Ever notice that Presence is the only Zep album to not include keyboards and acoustic guitars? Also note that Plant recorded
all of his vocals while sitting in a wheelchair.
__________________
Flame bait is a message posted to a public Internet discussion group with the intent of provoking an angry response or argument over a topic the "troll" often has no real interest in, and finds humor, or entertainment in reactions.

Last edited by Chula Vista; 09-16-2018 at 01:18 AM.
Chula Vista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 03:12 AM   #133 (permalink)
All day jazz and biscuits
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 39,376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
Sabbath. But Zeppelin comes close, if for nothing other than Presence and "Moby Dick". Call me Ishmael, stupid.
I just realized I remember you from my early days on the forum. Nice blast from the past.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:45 AM   #134 (permalink)
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SoundgardenRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA, USA, USA!
Posts: 1,443
Default

Thanks for the background Chula Vista, don't think I've ever read about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unitron View Post
Oh yeah! Nice to see some appreciation for Presence, always have thought it to be so underrated. My favorite Zeppelin album personally. The opening of "Tea for One" is one of my favorite riffs ever:
Same here, an album that is unfortunately often overlooked in Zeppelin's public and critical appreciation. My traditional answer to my favorite Zeppelin song is Achilles Last Stand. Legend has it that the song transcends time and space and thus the logical conclusion is that God had it on his playlist when he created the stars and the universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
I just realized I remember you from my early days on the forum. Nice blast from the past.
I woke up with the odd feeling recently that someone was wrong on the Internet. I figured the most likely perpetrator was a MB poster, so I decided to come back and investigate. Good to be back.
SoundgardenRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 09:51 AM   #135 (permalink)
All day jazz and biscuits
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 39,376
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
I woke up with the odd feeling recently that someone was wrong on the Internet. I figured the most likely perpetrator was a MB poster, so I decided to come back and investigate. Good to be back.
I was The Batlord until a month ago btw.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:09 AM   #136 (permalink)
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SoundgardenRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA, USA, USA!
Posts: 1,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
I was The Batlord until a month ago btw.
Now that's a name I remember! How you been? Seems like most of the users who were frequent back when I often visited this site are either no longer active or frequent the site much less.

Out of curiosity, how'd you go about getting your username changed? Considering getting mine changed if possible - still love me some Soundgarden...but perhaps not so much to have them in my username
SoundgardenRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:21 AM   #137 (permalink)
All day jazz and biscuits
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 39,376
Default

*preens*

Been doing the same **** but drunker. And you gotta PM an admin to get your name changed. Regular mods can't do it. Yac's been the only admin with any presence on the site but he recently left and gave his login to another person and I don't know how much she actually checks on the site but she's probably still your best bet.

https://www.musicbanter.com/members/yac-15414.html
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 10:25 AM   #138 (permalink)
All day jazz and biscuits
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 39,376
Default

I just realized Yac only has two friends on her profile and both of them are obviously from Ye Olde Yac's days so we should all take pity on her and send her a deluge of friend requests.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 11:26 AM   #139 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,389
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
Now that's a name I remember! How you been? Seems like most of the users who were frequent back when I often visited this site are either no longer active or frequent the site much less.

Out of curiosity, how'd you go about getting your username changed? Considering getting mine changed if possible - still love me some Soundgarden...but perhaps not so much to have them in my username
Do you remember Smegma covered bellend? Or Fluffy Kittens? Or Christian Benteke?
__________________
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 11:28 AM   #140 (permalink)
No Ice In My Bourbon
 
SoundgardenRocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: USA, USA, USA!
Posts: 1,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66Sexy View Post
*preens*

Been doing the same **** but drunker. And you gotta PM an admin to get your name changed. Regular mods can't do it. Yac's been the only admin with any presence on the site but he recently left and gave his login to another person and I don't know how much she actually checks on the site but she's probably still your best bet.

https://www.musicbanter.com/members/yac-15414.html
A little alcoholism never hurt anyone. Thanks for the tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
Do you remember Smegma covered bellend? Or Fluffy Kittens? Or Christian Benteke?
Don't recognize Christian Benteke but Fluffy Kittens sounds vaguely familiar. I can positively claim that I don't remember a 'Smegma covered bellend' - that's a username that would be hard to forget.
SoundgardenRocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.