Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-13-2019, 07:57 AM   #21 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 33,300
Default

Maybe if they started in the 50s.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 08:07 AM   #22 (permalink)
old senile battleaxe
 
Marie Monday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cute Post Malone's mom
Posts: 1,077
Default

But they distilled rock 'n roll to make punk in a way that had not been done before. Wouldn't that be just as revolutionary in the 70s as in the 50s?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 08:10 AM   #23 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 33,300
Default

If the Velvet Underground or The Monks didn't exist, sure.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 08:15 AM   #24 (permalink)
old senile battleaxe
 
Marie Monday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cute Post Malone's mom
Posts: 1,077
Default

Surely the Ramones weren't the first to 'invent' part of what would become punk, they are not super revolutionary by that fact. But don't you think they did so in a different way than those other bands, that they came up with different ideas and another sound which is in itself revolutionary enough?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 08:21 AM   #25 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 33,300
Default

They have their own sound that they ran into the ground, sure. I don't consider them the touchstone though, I prefer to go deeper. I actually wasn't kidding with my original answer of Vivaldi for this thread.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 08:54 AM   #26 (permalink)
old senile battleaxe
 
Marie Monday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Cute Post Malone's mom
Posts: 1,077
Default

You mean a touchstone of rock 'n roll essence? And by deeper you mean deeper into the past?
So you consider Vivaldi a touchstone of metal? That's funny, I know a metalhead who is particularly fond of Vivaldi
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You sound like Buffy after they dragged her back from Heaven.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WWWP View Post
I want to open a school for MB's lost boys and teach them basic coping skills and build up their self esteem and strengthen their emotional intelligence and teach them about vegetables and institutionalized racism and sexism and then they'll all build a bronze statue of me in my honor and my bronzed titties will forever be groped by the grubby paws of you ****ing whiny pathetic white boys.
Marie Monday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 02:38 PM   #27 (permalink)
Zum Henker Defätist!!
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 42,471
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieMarie View Post
You mean a touchstone of rock 'n roll essence? And by deeper you mean deeper into the past?
So you consider Vivaldi a touchstone of metal? That's funny, I know a metalhead who is particularly fond of Vivaldi
He prefers something that makes him sound pretentious by bringing it up. It's not really a shock that a wannabe who makes twenty minute long songs for no reason doesn't get the Ramones.
__________________
CHINA IS CAPITALIST
The Batlord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 02:44 PM   #28 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 33,300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieMarie View Post
You mean a touchstone of rock 'n roll essence? And by deeper you mean deeper into the past?
So you consider Vivaldi a touchstone of metal? That's funny, I know a metalhead who is particularly fond of Vivaldi
Yep, I meant the true origin point and I'd say that's Vivaldi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug McClasky View Post
He prefers something that makes him sound pretentious by bringing it up. It's not really a shock that a wannabe who makes twenty minute long songs for no reason doesn't get the Ramones.
That's not true, I also make 30 minute songs.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 02:49 PM   #29 (permalink)
Willowy Elven Boy
 
elphenor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: 2 much blood in my alcohol stream
Posts: 12,508
Default

I think you're not as hefty on personal connection

and it's fair enough

Ramones touch a nerve in a lot of people that's life affirming in a way I can't compare to any other group that's done it
__________________
Just another marketing ploy

"Life sucks. It’s a miserable hell being a living organism"

https://spiderchildrecords.bandcamp.com/
elphenor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 02:51 PM   #30 (permalink)
stay the |fvck| inside
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: East of the Southern North American West
Posts: 33,300
Default

Lol @ not getting it. Did it take you a while to or what?
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.