Music Banter

Music Banter (https://www.musicbanter.com/)
-   Rock & Metal (https://www.musicbanter.com/rock-metal/)
-   -   Thoughts on Noel Gallagher (https://www.musicbanter.com/rock-metal/96132-thoughts-noel-gallagher.html)

TheBig3 09-28-2021 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Batlord (Post 2186591)
And I'll bet you have a copy of Matchbox 20's first album you bought when it came out.

No, but for the sake of Musicbanter, we can set up a Discord session where you just grill me on my **** music taste, and record it for youtube.

The Batlord 09-28-2021 03:39 PM

The evidence is already damning enough.

elphenor 09-28-2021 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks (Post 2186467)
True, but even the Mighty Fall straight up ripped some songs from other artists.




this was a very intentional rip by MES, he talks about it in Renegade I believe

bit of a piss take

regardless the band was super upset about having to play it

TheBig3 09-28-2021 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Batlord (Post 2186593)
The evidence is already damning enough.

I feel like you're the only one who brings it up

SGR 09-28-2021 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 2186596)
this was a very intentional rip by MES, he talks about it in Renegade I believe

bit of a piss take

regardless the band was super upset about having to play it

Yeah, I think I remember reading that in Renegade. Granted, I wasn't sober any time when I read it.

But yeah, regardless of being ripped or not, definitely not one of the better songs from that album.

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBig3 (Post 2186597)
I feel like you're the only one who brings it up

Between the Bowie mix and the Iggy mix of Raw Power, which one do you prefer?

elphenor 09-28-2021 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 2186596)
this was a very intentional rip by MES, he talks about it in Renegade I believe

bit of a piss take

regardless the band was super upset about having to play it

I want to add that it's a song meant to make fun of RocknRoll touring and all that, so like, the joke works because it's a Spinal Tap song y'know

TheBig3 09-28-2021 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks (Post 2186598)
Between the Bowie mix and the Iggy mix of Raw Power, which one do you prefer?

Haven't heard either. Should I listen or have I already condemned myself?

SGR 09-28-2021 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBig3 (Post 2186600)
Haven't heard either. Should I listen or have I already condemned myself?

If you've never heard Raw Power, you definitely should. Some people prefer one mix over the other. Some people prefer the other mix. I know which one Batlord prefers, so was just trying to draw out your answer to either reinforce his point or refute it (at least a little).

It's a great album. Definitely peep it.

The Batlord 09-28-2021 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBig3 (Post 2186600)
Haven't heard either. Should I listen or have I already condemned myself?

How the **** have you been on this site since the Tet Offensive and avoided Raw Power?! This is literally the hardest rocking song ever.


SGR 09-28-2021 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Batlord (Post 2186603)
How the **** have you been on this site since the Tet Offensive and avoided Raw Power?! ]

:rofl:

When I was 16, and finally got my drivers license, and bought an old junker off my Uncle for $1, the first thing I did was take a joyride with the windows down blasting this album. It's an impeccable album.

Quote:

Originally Posted by elphenor (Post 2186599)
I want to add that it's a song meant to make fun of RocknRoll touring and all that, so like, the joke works because it's a Spinal Tap song y'know

Come on bro, what are you doing blessing us with Fall trivia in a ****ing Noel Gallagher thread when you have ONE POST LEFT TO MAKE to finish off your Fall journal?


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:16 PM.


© 2003-2022 Advameg, Inc.