Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal > Rock N Roll, Classic Rock & 60s Rock
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2011, 04:12 PM   #21 (permalink)
Born To Be Mild
 
Lisnaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: He lives on Love Street
Posts: 3,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
I disagree. Songs like "Melissa" and "Whipping Post" were amazing songs.
^ ... and "Blue Sky," and "Jessica," and "Pony Boy," and "Win, Lose or Draw," and "Ramblin`Man," and "Elizabeth Reed," and "Revival," and ...
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:35 PM   #22 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 1
Default

Saw Allmans for first time when I had never heard of them in 1969 when they opened for Blood Sweat and Tears at the Fillmore East. Was blown away, one of my favorites ever since. For similar experience check out Lukas Nelson & Promise Of The Real. Lukas is Willie's son and is a combo of Jimi Hendrix and Willie. December 10 in San Diego. Catch this show, you won't be sorry.
POTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
Born To Be Mild
 
Lisnaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: He lives on Love Street
Posts: 3,368
Default

Then maybe you`re the guy in the audience who shouts out, "Play all night!" during the Fillmore East double !

I hope Lucas Nelson is as good as you say - I`m going to check him out now.
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 06:56 PM   #24 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
blastingas10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,108
Default

Lukas is nothing compared to the allmans. But he is a great young guitarists
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 12:55 AM   #25 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
musiclistsareus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 64
Default I forgot a good one,

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
I hate .38 special. And I wouldn't really consider SRV southern rock. I guess he could fall into that category.
What about the Derek Trucks Band?
musiclistsareus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2011, 01:02 AM   #26 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
blastingas10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiclistsareus View Post
What about the Derek Trucks Band?
I really don't care that much for his band. I don't like the singer. I prefer hearing him with susan tedeschi But I love Derek trucks. He is unbelievable.
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 08:10 PM   #27 (permalink)
Born To Be Mild
 
Lisnaholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: He lives on Love Street
Posts: 3,368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
I really don't care that much for his band. I don't like the singer. I prefer hearing him with susan tedeschi But I love Derek trucks. He is unbelievable.
The only Derek Trucks album I have is Soul Serenade; I bought it specifically because it`s all instrumental, except for one track with Gregg Allman on vocals.
Any other DT albums with lots of instrumental tracks ?
Lisnaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:41 PM   #28 (permalink)
Aficionado of Fine Filth
 
Psy-Fi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: You don't want to look in there.
Posts: 4,638
Default

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned The North Mississippi Allstars.
Psy-Fi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 02:57 PM   #29 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
blastingas10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 2,108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisnaholic View Post
The only Derek Trucks album I have is Soul Serenade; I bought it specifically because it`s all instrumental, except for one track with Gregg Allman on vocals.
Any other DT albums with lots of instrumental tracks ?
Hittin the note is pretty good. Although I think there's only one instrumental on the album. But there are some great songs that feature some great instrumental parts and some great playing from Derek. The song "Desdemona" has a excellent instrumental solo. The song does contain some vocals, but it's mostly instrumental. And there's a great duet with Derek and Warren.

Maybe you've seen this


Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks - Old Friend - YouTube
blastingas10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 03:29 PM   #30 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Garrett's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 477
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blastingas10 View Post
Hittin the note is pretty good. Although I think there's only one instrumental on the album. But there are some great songs that feature some great instrumental parts and some great playing from Derek. The song "Desdemona" has a excellent instrumental solo. The song does contain some vocals, but it's mostly instrumental. And there's a great duet with Derek and Warren.

Maybe you've seen this


Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks - Old Friend - YouTube
I love Hittin The Note, it`s one of my favorites!
Garrett is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.