Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > The Music Forums > Rock & Metal > Rock N Roll, Classic Rock & 60s Rock
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

View Poll Results: Tony Iommi or Jimmy Page?
Tony Iommi 50 41.67%
Jimmy Page 70 58.33%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2012, 01:15 AM   #81 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zosofancmr1 View Post
I would beg to differ, based on album sales alone Page runs away with it. I think far more people picked up a guitar because of Jimmy Page than because of Tony Iommi.
I'm not doing to agree or disagree, just going to keep it mutual, because I do have to keep in mind that both guitarist are/were part of two of the most impressive rock bands in history, so it just depends on who you like more.

All I was really doing was answering your question as to why you were asking if this really needs to be a question.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:23 AM   #82 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Zosofancmr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milano View Post
I'm not doing to agree or disagree, just going to keep it mutual, because I do have to keep in mind that both guitarist are/were part of two of the most impressive rock bands in history, so it just depends on who you like more.

All I was really doing was answering your question as to why you were asking if this really needs to be a question.
I see what you're saying, my comment was meant to be taken tongue in cheek, haha. Things in text form don't always carry the appropriate tone. I would like to state I am a fan of Sabbath, as anybody who like good music should be, I just of course prefer Zeppelin, and Jimmy Page.
__________________
[Signature removed. No advertising please]
Zosofancmr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:24 AM   #83 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zosofancmr1 View Post
I see what you're saying, my comment was meant to be taken tongue in cheek, haha. Things in text form don't always carry the appropriate tone. I would like to state I am a fan of Sabbath, as anybody who like good music should be, I just of course prefer Zeppelin, and Jimmy Page.
Definitely cool with me man. I'm a huge fan of both myself. I have full discographies of Sabbath and Zeppelin in my collection
__________________

CWH
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:30 AM   #84 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Zosofancmr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milano View Post
Definitely cool with me man. I'm a huge fan of both myself. I have full discographies of Sabbath and Zeppelin in my collection
Absolutely, I'm a massive Zep head, and collect a lot of bootlegs to go along with the official stuff. What Iommi was able to do, even after having his hand mangled is beyond me, His riffs are the heaviest ones in rock and roll, especially "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" at least to me anyway.

I actually created a blog about the life and music of Jimmy Page, the link is in my sig, you should check it out
__________________
[Signature removed. No advertising please]
Zosofancmr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:32 AM   #85 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zosofancmr1 View Post
Absolutely, I'm a massive Zep head, and collect a lot of bootlegs to go along with the official stuff. What Iommi was able to do, even after having his hand mangled is beyond me, His riffs are the heaviest ones in rock and roll, especially "Sabbath Bloody Sabbath" at least to me anyway.

I actually created a blog about the life and music of Jimmy Page, the link is in my sig, you should check it out
Yeah, Black Sabbath were and still remain to be one of my favorite heavy metal bands. I still have yet to decide if I like them better with Ozzy or Dio. But the nice thing is that if I never choose, I still have a Rainbow live album on vinyl to get my Dio fix if Sabbath doesn't do it for me at the time.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:35 AM   #86 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Zosofancmr1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Puyallup, WA
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milano View Post
Yeah, Black Sabbath were and still remain to be one of my favorite heavy metal bands. I still have yet to decide if I like them better with Ozzy or Dio. But the nice thing is that if I never choose, I still have a Rainbow live album on vinyl to get my Dio fix if Sabbath doesn't do it for me at the time.
It was such a shame when Dio passed. I got a question for ya...Iommi or Randy Rhoads?
__________________
[Signature removed. No advertising please]
Zosofancmr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:37 AM   #87 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zosofancmr1 View Post
It was such a shame when Dio passed. I got a question for ya...Iommi or Randy Rhoads?
Still gonna go with Iommi. I was just about to vote in the poll as well.

And yeah, definitely a shame about Dio. His voice was something else, packs a punch every time I listen to Sabbath and Rainbow.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 01:43 AM   #88 (permalink)
Trolier Than Thou
 
Forward To Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,328
Default

I can say without a doubt, Page is better. Iommi is more influential, because Sabbath's heavy guitar sound is what inspired every metal band in the 80s. Ritchie Blackmore is on par with, if not better than both as far as first wave "metal" bands go. Blackmore and Page kick Iommi's ass in soloing, definitely.
Forward To Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 11:22 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Jimmy Rustler
 
Dr_Rez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 5,205
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by milano View Post
I'm not doing to agree or disagree, just going to keep it mutual, because I do have to keep in mind that both guitarist are/were part of two of the most impressive rock bands in history, so it just depends on who you like more.

All I was really doing was answering your question as to why you were asking if this really needs to be a question.
I dont know about that. EVERY metal band on the planet sites Sabbath as one of or the main influences.
__________________
*Best chance of losing virginity is in prison crew*
*Always Checks Credentials Crew*
*nba > nfl crew*
*Shave one of my legs to pretend its a girl in my bed crew*


Power: Yamaha Rx-v363, Focusrite 2i2
Speakers:2 Boston Acoustics A100's
Headphones: Sony MDR-XB500
Dr_Rez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:50 PM   #90 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,433
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RezZ View Post
I dont know about that. EVERY metal band on the planet sites Sabbath as one of or the main influences.
Well like I said, I was keeping a mutual opinion, though in this case I do agree with you and find that very easy to believe.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.