Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Artists Corner > Song Writing, Lyrics and Poetry
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2018, 02:28 PM   #141 (permalink)
Komopingetmi
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 31,463
Default

I'm probably going with dance music.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 02:29 PM   #142 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 6,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicShazam View Post
Don't worry, Frownland will probably be the last (to release a track that actually fits the specifications of the challenge).
He'll add 20 seconds of more or less rhythmic drums to his 45 minute drone and call it pop.
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 02:31 PM   #143 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aalborg
Posts: 7,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
He'll add 20 seconds of more or less rhythmic drums to his 45 minute drone and call it pop.
That would be very disappointing. I was promised a real top 40 dance hit, and damn it, I want one!
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:31 PM   #144 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,329
Default

Am I supposed to sing or is an instrumental good enough?
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:39 PM   #145 (permalink)
.
 
grindy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: .
Posts: 6,434
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Am I supposed to sing or is an instrumental good enough?
No rules about this.
__________________
A smell of petroleum prevails throughout.
grindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:40 PM   #146 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aalborg
Posts: 7,636
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Am I supposed to sing or is an instrumental good enough?
I think going with no vocals is allowed. For that matter, a lot of blues consists of 1 minute of singing and 9 minutes of noodling, so...
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:51 PM   #147 (permalink)
Put The Cult In Culture
 
Lucem Ferre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Posts: 3,329
Default

Okay. I was going to try and write a song about Frownland's disgruntled neighbor who gets upset every time Frown starts making music but the twist at the and was that the neighbor was just jealous of Frownland.
__________________
Quote:
Lucem, you're right, it's silly to talk about what I would or wouldn't do IRL. Glad you brought it up. Maybe you should write an instrumental about it. I recommend a piano paired with a clarinet. With ambient sounds of you hanging from your shower curtain you ****ing failure.

Art Is Dead. Buy My ****.
Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 12:03 AM   #148 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Aalborg
Posts: 7,636
Default

Isn't blues supposed to be real? He'd just hate it.
MicShazam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 07:26 AM   #149 (permalink)
Komopingetmi
 
Frownland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atop of the Throne
Posts: 31,463
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucem Ferre View Post
Okay. I was going to try and write a song about Frownland's disgruntled neighbor who gets upset every time Frown starts making music but the twist at the and was that the neighbor was just jealous of Frownland.
__________________
At a time like this, scorching irony, not convincing argument, is needed.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 04:55 PM   #150 (permalink)
Prepare 4 the Fight Scene
 
Mondo Bungle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 7,338
Default

do we post our track here
Mondo Bungle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.