Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Sport & Recreation
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2019, 04:15 PM   #2631 (permalink)
Awesome Waves
 
Mindfulness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,343
Default


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJDyqfiPBoI
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post
You need to be more mindful of what you post.
Mindfulness is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2019, 04:42 PM   #2632 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
[MERIT]'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 4,824
Default

Get your picks in!

https://www.musicbanter.com/sport-re...ns-thread.html
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2019, 01:10 PM   #2633 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,172
Default

__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
There's probably some reasonable middle ground between Leave It to Beaver and being forced to suck your step-father's dick in the basement after your mom goes to work.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:41 PM   #2634 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Thom Yorke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,838
Default

It comes up every time something like this happens, but I really wish the NFL would re-work their OT rules, at least for playoffs. It could be as simple as letting the other team try to match a TD on their next possession. The way that 4th quarter went, neither offense was getting stopped on the opening OT drive.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 12:53 PM   #2635 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,172
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thom Yorke View Post
It comes up every time something like this happens, but I really wish the NFL would re-work their OT rules, at least for playoffs. It could be as simple as letting the other team try to match a TD on their next possession. The way that 4th quarter went, neither offense was getting stopped on the opening OT drive.
I like the current format

A field goal doesnít win it on the first drive but a TD does. I donít like when it drags on. That no-call that hurts the saints has people calling for more instant replay. I want the opposite. Accept bad calls. No replay. Just play the ****ing game and get to the goddamn end.
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
There's probably some reasonable middle ground between Leave It to Beaver and being forced to suck your step-father's dick in the basement after your mom goes to work.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:12 PM   #2636 (permalink)
Music Addict
 
Thom Yorke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,838
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I like the current format

A field goal doesnít win it on the first drive but a TD does. I donít like when it drags on. That no-call that hurts the saints has people calling for more instant replay. I want the opposite. Accept bad calls. No replay. Just play the ****ing game and get to the goddamn end.
I just think the concept of one team's offense not necessarily getting a shot is crazy. It's a huge game, make it as fair as possible and leave it up to luck/chance as little as possible.

I go back and forth on replays and challenges in sports, but ultimately I'm in favour of "getting it right", even if it really kills the flow of a game.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 01:34 PM   #2637 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 11,172
Default

Replay creates so many optical illusions they probably get more **** wrong because of it

Anyway I really just want the NFL of my youth back when the ref gave the signal it was final. Now thereís no clear cut finality and thatís something you need in sports.
__________________
2017 & 2018 Member of the Year Back2Back

experimental music on Spotify worth checking out

FREAK FIGHTER JOURNAL (Awarded 2018 Journal of the Year)

free jazz 2018 thread

Drone/Ambient Releases of 2018

OccultHawk Reviews Southern States

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhanteimi View Post
There's probably some reasonable middle ground between Leave It to Beaver and being forced to suck your step-father's dick in the basement after your mom goes to work.
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 06:53 PM   #2638 (permalink)
Account Disabled
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 47
Default Super Bowl halftime show surprise?

Well, since Maroon 5 will be performing at the Super Bowl halftime show, I wonder if other artists like Taylor Swift, who has yet to perform, be a surprise guest to appear. Also Backstreet Boys, N'Sync and NKOTB should be given a chance to perform there!
BarneyHasAnOctagonHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.