Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Sport & Recreation
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2016, 05:29 PM   #21 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blankmind View Post
What's everyone's problem with Rio?
The water is really ****ty.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 05:51 PM   #22 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Rio doesn't deserve to host the Olympics. They should have had their winning bid pulled.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blankmind View Post
What's everyone's problem with Rio?
If it is anything like their World Cup bid then I can see where the criticism comes from. They weren't even ready by the time 2014 kicked off.

Deej what is your issue with Rio?
__________________
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 08:40 PM   #23 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,320
Default

Great start.

Rio 2016: Officials forced to cut their way into Olympic stadium after losing keys to gate | Olympics | Sport | The Independent
__________________

CWH
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 04:40 AM   #24 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man like Monkey View Post
If it is anything like their World Cup bid then I can see where the criticism comes from. They weren't even ready by the time 2014 kicked off.

Deej what is your issue with Rio?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blankmind View Post
What's everyone's problem with Rio?
I have a laundry list of issues with Rio.
  1. like Ki, mentioned earlier. Their water quality is awful.
  2. Their head security person quit her job like a month before the events were getting ready to kick off. If that isn't a telling sign I don't know what is.
  3. Athletes are getting robbed left and right. I wouldn't even want to be a tourist going to the games. I saw a couple of specials that focused on the cell phone stick up kids that just snatch people's phones and deliver them to a shop to be jailbroken and turned around for a quick profit.
  4. They had similar issues building/setting up for the games that Russia did during the winter Olympics to the point that they were doing some radically unethical shit just to get it done in time.
  5. Zika virus running rampant.
  6. Olympic Village is in poor condition and most of it is inhabitable.
  7. On top of the water pollution there is also shitty air quality as well.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 09:22 AM   #25 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4
Default

I enjoy the swimming event mostly. Don't miss any event.
CarlosTavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 04:40 PM   #26 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,386
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
I have a laundry list of issues with Rio.
  1. like Ki, mentioned earlier. Their water quality is awful.
  2. Their head security person quit her job like a month before the events were getting ready to kick off. If that isn't a telling sign I don't know what is.
  3. Athletes are getting robbed left and right. I wouldn't even want to be a tourist going to the games. I saw a couple of specials that focused on the cell phone stick up kids that just snatch people's phones and deliver them to a shop to be jailbroken and turned around for a quick profit.
  4. They had similar issues building/setting up for the games that Russia did during the winter Olympics to the point that they were doing some radically unethical shit just to get it done in time.
  5. Zika virus running rampant.
  6. Olympic Village is in poor condition and most of it is inhabitable.
  7. On top of the water pollution there is also shitty air quality as well.
Good post, knew about the Zika virus, McIlroy pulled out because of that. The rest sounds like a mess. I remember when the World Cup was on they had to spray the pitch green before England played as it wasn't ready and was sandy in places. The stadiums weren't finished either

Shambles.

Opening ceremony starts in a bit. I think I'll watch.
__________________
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:38 PM   #27 (permalink)
A.B.N.
 
djchameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NY baby
Posts: 11,155
Default

Opening Ceremony is good so far.

Hardcore Parkour!

Edit: it's kind of funny how in the states we are behind an entire hour because NBC wants to toss in commercials.
__________________
Fame, fortune, power, titties. People say these are the most crucial things in life, but you can have a pocket full o' gold and it doesn't mean sh*t if you don't have someone to share that gold with. Seems simple. Yet it's an important lesson to learn. Even lone wolves run in packs sometimes.


Quote:
Originally Posted by RoxyRollah View Post
IMO I don't know jack-**** though so don't listen to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franco Pepe Kalle View Post
The problem is that most police officers in America are psychopaths.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're a terrible dictionary.

Last edited by djchameleon; 08-05-2016 at 06:56 PM.
djchameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:55 AM   #28 (permalink)
Groupie
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 4
Default

Who will win the gold in the event of football?
CarlosTavez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:56 AM   #29 (permalink)
Jacob Sartorius
 
Blank.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Dank memes
Posts: 4,018
Default

I will.
__________________
MODS HAVE BIG GAY!
Blank. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 10:59 AM   #30 (permalink)
Key
hi
 
Key's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 12,320
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blankmind View Post
I will.
No, I will.
__________________

CWH
Key is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.