Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Sport & Recreation
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2018, 10:54 AM   #1051 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
So the World Cup is just sensationalized bull**** so people can brag that their team got to the semis or the quarters or the finals, regardless of whether they deserved to get there?
What are you going on about?
If you score more goals than your opponent you deserve to progress to the next round.
You don't get awarded more goals based on how good your opponent is.
You beat what's in front of you.
__________________
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 10:55 AM   #1052 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 38,891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
What are you going on about?
If you score more goals than your opponent you deserve to progress to the next round.
You don't get awarded more goals based on how good your opponent is.
You beat what's in front of you.
This is some rationalized bull****. You should be celebrated for being the best, not for racking up the most points in pinball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
Exo!

He’s trollin’!
Lol Exo doesn't read this thread.
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:04 AM   #1053 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
This is some rationalized bull****. You should be celebrated for being the best, not for racking up the most points in pinball.
Says who?

Wigan won the FA Cup a few years ago, Greece and Portugal won the Euros in 2004 & 2016, Chelsea won the Champions League in 2012 and none of these teams were the best in the competitions when they won them but that is quite rare and you don't really see it in league format. As I said it's knockout format.

How about we just award the trophy to the team with the best squad?
__________________
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:14 AM   #1054 (permalink)
Call me Mustard
 
rubber soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pepperland
Posts: 1,313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
Says who?

Wigan won the FA Cup a few years ago, Greece and Portugal won the Euros in 2004 & 2016, Chelsea won the Champions League in 2012 and none of these teams were the best in the competitions when they won them but that is quite rare and you don't really see it in league format. As I said it's knockout format.

How about we just award the trophy to the team with the best squad?
You're right. We'll just award the trophy to the squad that avoids the best teams.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
But looking for quality interaction on MB is like trying to stay hydrated by drinking salt water.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:20 AM   #1055 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
You're right. We'll just award the trophy to the squad that avoids the best teams.
That doesn't make sense. By your logic we should award it to Senegal or Poland for getting knocked out as they have avoided all the best teams by being eliminated early and having no top teams in their group.

It's not what I've argued anyway, it's awarded to the team who scores more goals than their opponent in each round. You have a better chance of doing this with a favourable draw.
__________________
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:25 AM   #1056 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 38,891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
Says who?

Wigan won the FA Cup a few years ago, Greece and Portugal won the Euros in 2004 & 2016, Chelsea won the Champions League in 2012 and none of these teams were the best in the competitions when they won them but that is quite rare and you don't really see it in league format. As I said it's knockout format.

How about we just award the trophy to the team with the best squad?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
That doesn't make sense. By your logic we should award it to Senegal or Poland for getting knocked out as they have avoided all the best teams by being eliminated early and having no top teams in their group.

It's not what I've argued anyway, it's awarded to the team who scores more goals than their opponent in each round. You have a better chance of doing this with a favourable draw.
You're rationalizing a flawed tournament structure. Just accept that it's bull**** that rewards teams who get lucky with their "draws".
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:28 AM   #1057 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
You're rationalizing a flawed tournament structure. Just accept that it's bull**** that rewards teams who get lucky with their "draws".
It's not flawed though.

Not sure if guys understand what a knockout tournament is.
__________________
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:30 AM   #1058 (permalink)
Call me Mustard
 
rubber soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pepperland
Posts: 1,313
Default

This is all reminding me of this...


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
But looking for quality interaction on MB is like trying to stay hydrated by drinking salt water.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:32 AM   #1059 (permalink)
WWWP f*cks dogs
 
The Batlord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Beating GNR at DDR and keying Axl's new car
Posts: 38,891
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
It's not flawed though.

Not sure if guys understand what a knockout tournament is.
Sounds like a bollocks concept tbh. Why should you be rewarded for scoring more goals against a ****e opponent when a better team is penalized for scoring less goals against a team that's still better than you?
__________________
BRING ME THE HORIZON >>>> CHARLES MINGUS
i
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2018, 11:38 AM   #1060 (permalink)
Acattin Sane
 
Fluff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,383
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
Sounds like a bollocks concept tbh. Why should you be rewarded for scoring more goals against a ****e opponent when a better team is penalized for scoring less goals against a team that's still better than you?
It's not flawed. It's a knockout tournament not a league. The aim is to progress to the next round. It is a different challenge to league format which requires more consistency over a long period of time.

Also you are acting like it's no marks who make it to the final which doesn't happen.
__________________
Fluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



2003-2019 Advameg, Inc.

SEO by vBSEO 3.5.2 ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.