Music Banter

Go Back   Music Banter > Community Center > Sport & Recreation
Register Blogging Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Welcome to Music Banter Forum! Make sure to register - it's free and very quick! You have to register before you can post and participate in our discussions with over 70,000 other registered members. After you create your free account, you will be able to customize many options, you will have the full access to over 1,100,000 posts.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2018, 09:56 AM   #1171 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 19,269
Default

Quote:
They're pretty **** odds aren't they? I would have figured maybe 100-1 on France or something.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Everyone on here is a loser
FLARLY WE RIDE
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 09:56 AM   #1172 (permalink)
Idiot Millennial
 
Akai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Land of Tea and Crumpets
Posts: 1,229
Default

Peak times for Messi, back to Barce I guess.
__________________
Quote:
“Rock journalism is people who can’t write interviewing people who can’t talk in order to provide articles for people who can’t read”

-Presonus Studio 26
-Peavey XT Series x2
-Audio Technica ATH-M40x
-Spirit Powerstation 1200W




Spotify
Akai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:00 AM   #1173 (permalink)
Call me Mustard
 
rubber soul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Pepperland
Posts: 1,312
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
Messi will retire from internationals now.

It doesn't change his legacy. He is still the goat.

Well, not really. I think people expect too much out of Messi. Actually, Argentina really looked like a team today. If anyone's the goat, it should be their goalie or maybe their defense in general. I mean you should win with three goals I would think.

In the meantime, Vive La France!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
But looking for quality interaction on MB is like trying to stay hydrated by drinking salt water.
rubber soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:01 AM   #1174 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 19,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
Messi will retire from internationals now.

It doesn't change his legacy. He is still the goat.
I know you know way more about soccer than I do but there’s no way the Greatest of All Time goes 8 knockout games without a goal.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Everyone on here is a loser
FLARLY WE RIDE
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:02 AM   #1175 (permalink)
The Right Honourable
 
Cuthbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
Well, not really. I think people expect too much out of Messi. Actually, Argentina really looked like a team today. If anyone's the goat, it should be their goalie or maybe their defense in general. I mean you should win with three goals I would think.

In the meantime, Vive La France!
Goat - Greatest of all time.

Messi is the best footballer ever to play the sport.
__________________


"Be a good teammate."
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:03 AM   #1176 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 19,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubber soul View Post
Well, not really. I think people expect too much out of Messi. Actually, Argentina really looked like a team today. If anyone's the goat, it should be their goalie or maybe their defense in general. I mean you should win with three goals I would think.

In the meantime, Vive La France!
Let’s be clear so this doesn’t get lost

GOAT means the greatest soccer player to ever live.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Everyone on here is a loser
FLARLY WE RIDE
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:07 AM   #1177 (permalink)
Idiot Millennial
 
Akai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: The Land of Tea and Crumpets
Posts: 1,229
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fluff View Post
Goat - Greatest of all time.

Pele is the best footballer ever to play the sport.

fify
__________________
Quote:
“Rock journalism is people who can’t write interviewing people who can’t talk in order to provide articles for people who can’t read”

-Presonus Studio 26
-Peavey XT Series x2
-Audio Technica ATH-M40x
-Spirit Powerstation 1200W




Spotify
Akai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:08 AM   #1178 (permalink)
The Right Honourable
 
Cuthbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,674
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
I know you know way more about soccer than I do but there’s no way the Greatest of All Time goes 8 knockout games without a goal.
It's not like he has done nothing in those games, he has set up winners in knockouts even if he hasn't scored in one. He got two today. If their keeper and defence was half decent they'd have gone through and we'd be praising Messi's playmaking skills.

Plus some of the greatest players never even played in World Cups.
__________________


"Be a good teammate."
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:10 AM   #1179 (permalink)
one-balled nipple jockey
 
OccultHawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Dirty Souf Biatch
Posts: 19,269
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai View Post
fify
Word up

Pele was so great he wouldn’t let Brazil lose even when he was hurt on the bench.

Pele is the greatest team sports athlete ever. He conquered the world.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwb View Post
Everyone on here is a loser
FLARLY WE RIDE
OccultHawk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2018, 10:12 AM   #1180 (permalink)
The Right Honourable
 
Cuthbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: The Black Country
Posts: 8,674
Default

If you disagree with Messi being the best ever then the only other choice is Diego Maradona imo.
__________________


"Be a good teammate."
Cuthbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Similar Threads



© 2003-2020 Advameg, Inc.